Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Who has lost their jobs?

Who has lost their jobs?

Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:55 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has lost their jobs?

Originally Posted by mantronic
Has it occurred to the less fortunate that if they werent so rude they might keep thing constructive and not have their faces rubbed in it?

Stick something in your own gob and shut it cause its as bad the filth I get from the larger louts.
Ooops something hit a nerve. ....Sorry Man
What was it?
Dubai, Damascus, Fairy?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:05 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

But I flew to Dubai expecting this fabled dream life in utopia and nothing could have been further from the truth.

ah ha, all is explained.
You were delusional, unrealistic, expected paradise, built you and your families hopes up based on a fantasy, only to find that you were not that employable (see my post about the salary you were offered) and the UAE is in fact in the real world not utopia

..........and now as your dream lies shattered on the ground you are on a mission to regain some self worth and pride which you somehow feel you will achieve by rubbishing those of us who came here with open eyes and made a life where you couldnt.

goodbye
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
ah ha, all is explained.
You were delusional, unrealistic, expected paradise, built you and your families hopes up based on a fantasy, only to find that you were not that employable (see my post about the salary you were offered) and the UAE is in fact in the real world not utopia

..........and now as your dream lies shattered on the ground you are on a mission to regain some self worth and pride which you somehow feel you will achieve by rubbishing those of us who came here with open eyes and made a life where you couldnt.

goodbye

well said
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:14 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

ah ha, all is explained.

goodbye
brilliantly summed up!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

mantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nice

ah ha, all is explained.
Close although I can say I remember any post about salary

ah ha, all is explained.
Err no - Im pissed off at being misled including by the cheerleaders that try to overrun this forum. So im setting the record straight.

If anything I feel sorry for you guys - whatever happened to you in the west its not that bad. There are jobs here and even you hitherto unemployable and now out of the loop types have better prospects here than there.

These are the facts.

Cue the overly emotional post and three cheerleader spam posts ... now ---->
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:46 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Err no - Im pissed off at being misled including by the cheerleaders that try to overrun this forum. So im setting the record straight.

If anything I feel sorry for you guys - whatever happened to you in the west its not that bad. There are jobs here and even you hitherto unemployable and now out of the loop types have better prospects here than there.

These are the facts.

yes i thought you'd ignored my salary remarks.

However let me allow me to correct myself. You are still delusional not were.

Nobody misled you, your a grown man FFS, you let yourslef believe something that suited your needs at the time, probably some form of escape and utopia would have been ideal. what was it failed business, marraige???

Who exactly are you trying to "set the record straight" with? there are plenty of us on here who have and continue to post about the "real" UAE for the attention of others including newcomers and "want to be's".
That fact you chose to ignore those threads and posts is your look out not ours as the information is there for all to see.

And why on earth do you assume that australia is going to dodge the global crisis entirely
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scarletfanagain
Keeping everything crossed you are not another statistic annacarna!
thanks pet, but my little entity is fine
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:16 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Has it occurred to the less fortunate that if they werent so rude they might keep thing constructive and not have their faces rubbed in it?

Stick something in your own gob and shut it cause its as bad the filth I get from the larger louts.
I'm not sure what's going on here but you need to know that over the last couple of days we've had two of your posts reported. So for the benefit of all just a little reminder of the first of our site rules:

BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

These are the facts.

We are all entitled to our own opinions as you are aware, but Dubai is not for everyone, it was great for me but not for you. Jobs here in the North East of England, there is very few.

You are not in a position to set the record straight, you didnt like it because you built up a dream that it was not, it is a place like everywhere else, you work, you get paid, you go home. Life is what you make of it, you dont like it change it but dont blast members for liking the place.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
You are not in a position to set the record straight, you didnt like it because you built up a dream that it was not, it is a place like everywhere else, you work, you get paid, you go home. Life is what you make of it, you dont like it change it but dont blast members for liking the place.
and with that, I'll close the thread because it's clear this thread has just turned into a wind bag of a thread.