Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Who has lost their jobs?

Who has lost their jobs?

Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

mantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nice
Default Re: Who has lost their jobs?

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
The only reason we left was because of a shit employer and we had no other option.
Sounds like alot of decent UK companies become shit employers when they operate within that jurisdiction. IMO the problem is the legal system and lack of rule of law as it protects expats. "Bad companies" or rather bad treatment is just a symptom of it.

Its also cultural - the urban myth about the sheiks saying expats generally leav with nothing, if in fact a myth, at least shows a cutlure of exploitation.

Also look at how they treat asians and wonder if they truly regard westerners any higher.

BTW credit to you for being able to have an open discussion without having to resort to attacks and insults ... leads to a more open and well mannered forum.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:04 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by manwithnoname
his posts are no less relevant or unimportant than the next poster, if you dont agree one post against should suffice then let it go.
you talk about him making assumptions and then assume that he needs a life and he is angry and he is little and he is a man
i think what has riled so many of the frequent participants of this bored is his insulting and belittling of individuals who are going through a rough time. i agree that he is a very troubled and deeply disturbed individual who needs a lot of professional help, but can not abide his ignorant, stupid and callous remarks
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

mantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nice

Originally Posted by still.unsure
i think what has riled so many of the frequent participants of this bored is his insulting and belittling of individuals who are going through a rough time. i agree that he is a very troubled and deeply disturbed individual who needs a lot of professional help, but can not abide his ignorant, stupid and callous remarks
Now THATS and angry little man ... so much bile in so few lines.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mantronic
Now THATS and angry little man ... so much bile in so few lines.
and in case you missed it I will say it again YOU ARE A TWAT
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:38 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

omg...why does everyone not just ignore ignore ignore...what's so fcking hard about that...
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari
omg...why does everyone not just ignore ignore ignore...what's so fcking hard about that...
As opposed to whine whine whine! What do we get 10 sour grapes posts for every one mantronic post. Bwahahaha. So may dickheads ruining the forum!

Not surprising, the "regulars" that arent at expat woman thinks the agro merchants here are clowns.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:59 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

As opposed to whine whine whine! What do we get 10 sour grapes posts for every one mantronic post. Bwahahaha. So may dickheads ruining the forum!

Not surprising, the "regulars" that arent at expat woman thinks the agro merchants here are clowns.
I have no idea what you are on about, but that doesn't really matter...
I just don't get it when people constantly complain about posters but still they keep on replying to them and thus letting the endless threads about subjects that they will never ever agree on continue...I guess it's some sort of sado masochistic tendency....

anyway...as you were...
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

I just don't get it when people constantly complain about posters but still they keep on replying to them and thus letting the endless threads about subjects that they will never ever agree on continue...I guess it's some sort of sado masochistic tendency....

anyway...as you were...
I was agreeing with you - as annoying as my posts can be the TEAMS of people that literally burst blood vessels over them is comical.

90% of the problem posts are neither mine nor called for. In fact I see that scott alexander tried to create a thread for me and got slammed
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

anyway...as you were...

i suppose it is because it is a little strange that mantronic is still so passionate about dubai nearly 6+ months after he visited..mantronic even you must admit that is a little odd?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:12 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by expat.brat
i suppose it is because it is a little strange that mantronic is still so passionate about dubai nearly 6+ months after he visited..mantronic even you must admit that is a little odd?
maybe he only is because people keep feeding him...
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

maybe he only is because people keep feeding him...
Feeding as in pissing me off then yes.

But I flew to Dubai expecting this fabled dream life in utopia and nothing could have been further from the truth. If any of you were offered identical circumstances in your own counties you would laugh and run a mile. I didnt see the benefit in "same shit different smell" far from home and Im still shaken by the prospect of moving the ones I love to Discover Gardens. My "paki" driver knew how I would react to dubai and thought it was funny. Im sure I wasnt the first shell shocked passenger ever.

The reaction on here was that I was mad for not loving it and passing up the "adventure". WTF is that all about. Do these people think moving to the shittiest part of their home country would be an "adventure" or are they just so pissed off with their lives that anything away from their own lives is an improvement.

Like watching a 6 month remix of "waterworld" expecting to see the greatest movie ever. Except I wasted 6 months chasing a dream that didnt exist.

So yeah its nice to warn people off and vent in the process. Dealing with the angry trolls just adds some sport.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:34 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Feeding as in pissing me off then yes.

But I flew to Dubai expecting this fabled dream life in utopia and nothing could have been further from the truth. If any of you were offered identical circumstances in your own counties you would laugh and run a mile. I didnt see the benefit in "same shit different smell" far from home and Im still shaken by the prospect of moving the ones I love to Discover Gardens. My "paki" driver knew how I would react to dubai and thought it was funny. Im sure I wasnt the first shell shocked passenger ever.

The reaction on here was that I was mad for not loving it and passing up the "adventure". WTF is that all about. Do these people think moving to the shittiest part of their home country would be an "adventure" or are they just so pissed off with their lives that anything away from their own lives is an improvement.

Like watching a 6 month remix of "waterworld" expecting to see the greatest movie ever. Except I wasted 6 months chasing a dream that didnt exist.

So yeah its nice to warn people off and vent in the process. Dealing with the angry trolls just adds some sport.
Here Mantronic, Have a fairy cake.stick that in yer gob and shut it for a minute.

So Dubai didn't float your boat.You appear to have a fortunate life.
Has it occured to you that there are some people in Dubai whose lives have
improved in many ways by moving there from some bleak spot in the UK for instance?.Not everyone is as well heeled as you or as materialistic.
A safer environment, a better climate is enough for some families-not all chasing the golden goose.So when you are being disparaging of the place,
think yourself lucky for what you have and while you have these uber standards, Dubai does represent a step up for some.
You seem to be on the road to Damascus somewhat with this continual posting , as if you need to be accepted.
We welcome all types here...lose the arrogance and spite though.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Here Mantronic, Have a fairy cake.stick that in yer gob and shut it for a minute.

So Dubai didn't float your boat.You appear to have a fortunate life.
Has it occured to you that there are some people in Dubai whose lives have
improved in many ways by moving there from some bleak spot in the UK for instance?.Not everyone is as well heeled as you or as materialistic.
A safer environment, a better climate is enough for some families-not all chasing the golden goose.So when you are being disparaging of the place,
think yourself lucky for what you have and while you have these uber standards, Dubai does represent a step up for some.
You seem to be on the road to Damascus somewhat with this continual posting , as if you need to be accepted.
We welcome all types here...lose the arrogance and spite though.
Very well written x
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eva
Has it occurred to the less fortunate that if they werent so rude they might keep thing constructive and not have their faces rubbed in it?

Stick something in your own gob and shut it cause its as bad the filth I get from the larger louts.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Has it occurred to the less fortunate that if they werent so rude they might keep thing constructive and not have their faces rubbed in it?

Stick something in your own gob and shut it cause its as bad the filth I get from the larger louts.
word of the day

KNOB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.