Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Abu Dhabi?

Where to live in Abu Dhabi?

Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Abu Dhabi?

but to sublet a place is illegal without the owners permission, and they cannot just divide a villa, as that needs the RC permission etc, you are not allowed to share a flat/villa legally.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Nav_72 is an unknown quantity at this point

As mentioned by TBird, i will have to speak to the employers and i kinda already know the answer is going to be a "No" that the rate for all staff etc....

Ive had a look at the gulfnews, also a few rental web site agents and there does seem to be a bit around - i spoke to an agent today and he said he has 3 bedroom places in the region of ard 150K pa..... surprised the life out of me. Im taking it on face value and am asking the company to assist in finding a place.

Watch this space i guess.....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

AD_FOREVER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marco78
so which are the places to live outside the island? (I'm completely new to AD...)

my budget is about 80-120k per year for 1 bd aptm
you can be hooked with arrange 120k a bedroom apartment in the island

BE AWARE OF REAL ESTATE COMPANIES

Let me know i might found you something in our bank

Welcome to UAE
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busybee2
but to sublet a place is illegal without the owners permission, and they cannot just divide a villa, as that needs the RC permission etc, you are not allowed to share a flat/villa legally.
Ye's you can share you apartment under table but now everybody doing it. is not legal right but nobody can get you out of the unit as long there is contact with first owner
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:43 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AD_FOREVER

Welcome to UAE

Hello AD_FOREVER,

Welcome to the site.I am intrigued...FGB,NBAD or Burooj?
Do you mind if I ask, what do you think the solution is to the alleged housing crisis in AD?
Thanks....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Welcome to UAE
Thanks for the welcome - Im most definately looking for something and if your bank can help - it would be most definately be appreciated.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Eva
Hello AD_FOREVER,

Welcome to the site.I am intrigued...FGB,NBAD or Burooj?
Do you mind if I ask, what do you think the solution is to the alleged housing crisis in AD?
Thanks....

i'm working for FGB.

Regarding accommodation in AD, H.H. Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed President of UAE stated that the new accommodation next to Al Maqta’a Bridge will have range rental prices between 35K to 65k p.a. The project will be finish within 2 years time. Just to clear picture of what happeing in AD. It’s strategy to promote the new projects of real estate/
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:52 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

i'm working for FGB.

Regarding accommodation in AD, H.H. Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed President of UAE stated that the new accommodation next to Al Maqta’a Bridge will have range rental prices between 35K to 65k p.a. The project will be finish within 2 years time. Just to clear picture of what happeing in AD. It’s strategy to promote the new projects of real estate/
Thank you AD_F.
Very interesting.I am just going out to dinner now however I very much
look forward to discussing this with you later perhaps.Are you in the Real Estate Office @ Al Bateen?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Eva
Thank you AD_F.
Very interesting.I am just going out to dinner now however I very much
look forward to discussing this with you later perhaps.Are you in the Real Estate Office @ Al Bateen?

You more than welcome. no i'm working for retail bank

Have nice weekend

Cheers
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

i'm working for FGB.

2 years - by then most ppl will have purchased places. It seems like a logical move really to encourage real estate purchase / development, but i would also put it down to the landlords thinking that perhaps rental demand will drop once the purchased houses come ontap. Less demand for rental = lower rental rates, however in saying that there is an investment market whose appetite is dripping wet when they see AD islands - this itself could encourage even higher rents esp if there are buy to let purchasers........ Horrible situation - I guess for the next 18 months at least prices for rental will be insanely high.....

So AD_Forever - how can you help me find a place - i work for a Mubadala owned subsidiary !!!!! any chance of a discount !!!!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:54 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nav_72
2 years - by then most ppl will have purchased places. It seems like a logical move really to encourage real estate purchase / development, but i would also put it down to the landlords thinking that perhaps rental demand will drop once the purchased houses come ontap. Less demand for rental = lower rental rates, however in saying that there is an investment market whose appetite is dripping wet when they see AD islands - this itself could encourage even higher rents esp if there are buy to let purchasers........ Horrible situation - I guess for the next 18 months at least prices for rental will be insanely high.....

So AD_Forever - how can you help me find a place - i work for a Mubadala owned subsidiary !!!!! any chance of a discount !!!!

No correction for two years it seems.
I think perhaps the Maqta Bridge area is for nationals only-those rentals figures indicate that to me.Once Buzymaid is thru cleaning AA's hacienda she may be able to confirm.

Nav, that's a very good Q about buy to let.
Come late 2009-early 2010 when first project is habile,betcha the expats who have bought off plan will stop whingeing about rent and try to drive up the cost as much as possible- while, in some cases, they sit in their company provided housing........

If you are in AD already Nav, take a walk into Al Bateen Mall near Al Bateen Marina.Green Emirate(FGB) and Burooj(Islamic Bank) have offices there.It won't be a pleasant exprience but that's probably where the best stock of available property to rent can be found .Good Luck.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

betya for nationals only but who i am to say, i just get same old story, yak yak yak, good olde days etc etc etc.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

maybe i will go on a little 'holiday'.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:17 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by busybee2
maybe i will go on a little 'holiday'.

Gotta be one headache less all the same......not having to worry about rising flight costs.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eva

If you are in AD already Nav, take a walk into Al Bateen Mall near Al Bateen Marina.Green Emirate(FGB) and Burooj(Islamic Bank) have offices there.It won't be a pleasant exprience but that's probably where the best stock of available property to rent can be found .Good Luck.
Thanks for the Info - i wont be over till 7th Aug will defo check it out once i am there. As far as the market is concerned, i think its safe to say that AD wont be hit by the Global Credit Crunch - if nothing else - the ADIA and mubadala mite be rubbing their hands about now - ready for some large investments !!!!! AD is prolly the safest place to buy now !!! IMHO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.