Where to live in Abu Dhabi?

Where to live in Abu Dhabi?

Old Jul 4th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Marco78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to live in Abu Dhabi?

Originally Posted by busybee2
more expensive.

more than 120k for 1bd aptm? could you give me some figures?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

you may get something in town for that money, but i have heard that very small 2 bed ones are going for in excess of 145 if you can find one, and 1 bed/studios are even less of them around, dont believe all the ads in the paper saying 80k etc they often dont exist.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

The apartment I am in is a big three bedroomed apartment in Khalidiya, shocked to here that they are going for just over 3K GBP per month (over 260,000Dhm Per Annum) - Luckily this is provided and paid for by the company !
Old Jul 5th 2008, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

for now though!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Nav_72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where to live in Abu Dhabi?

Glad i found this thread

I'm starting a job in AD on 10th Aug so will need a place quite soon.....

I am looking for a 3 bedder, dont think i can get on island with the budget i have (160K pa) , so what sort of area, off island can I get a place within my budgetary constraints....... and does anyone here have links to Agents that i can get in touch with to arrange some viewings.

ps hi all and i'm new to this forum.

Thanks

Nav
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

You should definetly live in Khaldiya or Courniche. The beach they just opened is pretty wonderfull and am sure you'll love it. Although, your budget is kind of low for those places, the prices for one bedrooms had gone up pretty high and I was looking for one for over two months until I finally gave up and settled in a shared apartment with a couple of friends. Thank God though I live in the courniche road its a walk to the new beach!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

Nav 72....hate to say but your about 100K out
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

try Hayatt Real Estate or Green Emirates........
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TBird
Nav 72....hate to say but your about 100K out
OUCH !!!!! When i was there last year my friend rented his place in Mangrove for 180K a huge 4 bedroom place !

I cant believe the rental prices now - its insane......
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well that was last year, and they are going up week by week.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Are you coming with a family? If so the base starting price is unfortunately 240 and there aren't that many at that, most seem to be around 250+. Believe me I know what your going through as just been through the whole exercise ourselves. I would suggest try and get the accommodation allowance up or ask the company to provide an apartment/townhouse/villa for you making sure you stipulate what your needs are. Persistance is the name of the game to find a home just come prepared.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

The funnie thing is the allowance i asked for was what i thought on par with increases in rental - as last year a friend of mine got a 3 bedroom appt on Hamdan Street for 130K p.a.. So with the rent caps though ard 160 will do..... seems like its impossible now to get a place - I am really really shocked at the increases...... this is going to be a real massive problem for me now.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nav_72
The funnie thing is the allowance i asked for was what i thought on par with increases in rental - as last year a friend of mine got a 3 bedroom appt on Hamdan Street for 130K p.a.. So with the rent caps though ard 160 will do..... seems like its impossible now to get a place - I am really really shocked at the increases...... this is going to be a real massive problem for me now.
Welcome to BE!

Pass the problem to your new employers - they will help solve it if they want you here! Prices have indeed gone up but I recommed you follow Tbird's advice and speak to your new employers explaining you have taken advice and contacted some letting agents, indicating you have extremely limited options - which is either to negotiate accomodation to be provided or an increase in rental allowance.

Rents have really gone crazy - it is simply supply and demand. Good luck!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nav_72
OUCH !!!!! When i was there last year my friend rented his place in Mangrove for 180K a huge 4 bedroom place !

I cant believe the rental prices now - its insane......
just moved there. They are going for 360K now.....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

ouch this will hurt me when i relocate back to auh again later this year.
how ever have a look on this site.

http://www.sublet.com/city_rentals/AbuDhabi_Rentals.asp

it may help.
or have you thought about fully furnished apartments, maybe a cheaper way to go if you haggle for long term lease !! just a thought

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.