Reload this Page >

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:14 am
Just Joined

non_Brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Your son is young ..you have control..You can live in Amaj or Juffair and be pretty isolated..as long as hubby isn't commuting to Saudi as it will be a bit of a trek for him..Send him to Bahrain School(American system) if your husbands company is willing to fork out the outrageous fees...But really only if its the career opportunity of a life time or you are desperate..Please don't believe the airbrushed beautiful picts on internet..Its not that nice here even in the best of times!
thanks ...
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
there's just something nice about mixing and working with the local population that you won't find in Qatar or the UAE.
Agreed. The Bahraini's are very pleasant people, and very welcoming.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:53 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Agree..people I work with are lovely..Sunni, Shia alike..have great sense of humor..generally just really nice people
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:54 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Agree..people I work with are lovely..Sunni, Shia alike..have great sense of humor..generally just really nice people
so if all bahrainis are such nice people who exactly are these people blowing up stuff, putting oil on the road and generally being a*ses?

just asking like..
Old Dec 14th 2011, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by norsk
so if all bahrainis are such nice people who exactly are these people blowing up stuff, putting oil on the road and generally being a*ses?

just asking like..
They are Hezbollah Iranians obviously.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 4:26 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
They are Hezbollah Iranians obviously.
that does seem to be the general opinion yes..

anyway for me personally bahrain was a good place to live while it lasted, but i'm damn glad to be out of there. too many hezbollah iranians running around..
Old Dec 14th 2011, 5:22 pm
Professional expat

Bartowel is an unknown quantity at this point

Few loud bangs going off at the moment down Diraz way (about 9.30pm)- been a little lively last couple of nights and plenty of robocops knocking about in numbers... Drove through Diraz early this morning on the way to work ( I like the scenic route!) and a lot of new graffiti proudly daubed on the walls of the village... Some of it quite eloquent and lengthy. This weekend may be interesting... Nothing like a celebration of all things Royal to wind up the natives! Have fun folks.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bartowel
Few loud bangs going off at the moment down Diraz way (about 9.30pm)- been a little lively last couple of nights and plenty of robocops knocking about in numbers... Drove through Diraz early this morning on the way to work ( I like the scenic route!) and a lot of new graffiti proudly daubed on the walls of the village... Some of it quite eloquent and lengthy. This weekend may be interesting... Nothing like a celebration of all things Royal to wind up the natives! Have fun folks.
While drinking too much at the rugby club last night I watched a friend casually shout to the 18 year old daughter of his mate "hey...watch out for the teargas" as she left the bar area. Not only was it outside in thick clouds but it actually enetered the bar itself last night - a first. Where else in the world does that kind of stuff happen? The way in which everyone has just wrapped it up as being part of life now is funny and wrong at the same time. We are living the "Carry on up the Khyber" dream.....

Old Dec 14th 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

that does seem to be the general opinion yes..

anyway for me personally bahrain was a good place to live while it lasted, but i'm damn glad to be out of there. too many hezbollah iranians running around..
The report that came out the other week exposed that line of thinking as completely wrong so the media has adjusted accordingly to "they might not have done anything or actually be here....but they really slag us off all the time...."
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:22 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
The report that came out the other week exposed that line of thinking as completely wrong so the media has adjusted accordingly to "they might not have done anything or actually be here....but they really slag us off all the time...."
poor iranians always get blamed despite being the nicest people on the block
Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm confused. They are even nicer than the Bahrainis?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 6:44 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

I'm confused. They are even nicer than the Bahrainis?
how cold is it in norway now mate? does it hurt to breathe through your nose yet?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

how cold is it in norway now mate? does it hurt to breathe through your nose yet?
It's a mere 2 degrees in Oslo today, meant to be getting down to a lovely -15 or so over the weekend I've been told. I have purchased some local long johns to retain my gulf tan, my experiment hopefully works. The snow is all gone, had a bit last week.

Must say though, after visiting the UK from time to time, it's actually nice to see some cranes on the horizon here in Oslo. It's as if the Norwegians forgot there was a crisis..well, except the butter crisis of course.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...utter-shortage
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:10 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

It's a mere 2 degrees in Oslo today, meant to be getting down to a lovely -15 or so over the weekend I've been told. I have purchased some local long johns to retain my gulf tan, my experiment hopefully works. The snow is all gone, had a bit last week.

Must say though, after visiting the UK from time to time, it's actually nice to see some cranes on the horizon here in Oslo. It's as if the Norwegians forgot there was a crisis..well, except the butter crisis of course.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...utter-shortage
-15 is nothing my friend. February is by far the coldest month in Oslo by the way. Expect temperatures between -15 and -25 on a regular basis. You'll get used to it eventually...

I remember we had a beer crisis about 15 years ago as the weather one summer was particularly nice and people drank the whole country dry, but butter..?? It makes no sense...
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:17 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Thought we where blaming the Syrians now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.