Visa Question

Old May 31st 2008, 9:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Question

Originally Posted by pauldxb
To save time i'll goto Hatta, so BC do i take it that your also not married ? How long do you spend in Oman ???? I mean....what do you do there have lunch & go home ?
I am married, I just know friends who have extended visa's by going to the Oman border.
Old May 31st 2008, 6:46 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
I've just paid Dh 1260 on Etihad: Abu Dhabi to Muscat Friday morning, return Saturday evening.
You're staying overnight? I used to get a flight to muscat and come back on the same plane...rarely had to wait more than an hour in the airport.

Does your costs involve staying in a hotel too?

N.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am married, I just know friends who have extended visa's by going to the Oman border.
Jeepers. I used to live in Dubai in the early 90's. Doha was always the visa run. Hang around in the airport for 2 hours and straight back to the UA of E for a few quid. Ah....golden years...
Old Jun 1st 2008, 2:35 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
You're staying overnight? I used to get a flight to muscat and come back on the same plane...rarely had to wait more than an hour in the airport.

Does your costs involve staying in a hotel too?

N.
Believe it or not, we just fancy staying a couple of days in Muscat
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Kish!

AED 400 odd, all-told, including a night in the dorms where you get to meet all sorts of people you wouldn't otherwise see in your daily life.

If you're a woman you get to wear a scarf all day too!

And you get to see a 'Greek' ship that ran aground in the 60s. Well it was originally Scottish but was bought off by someone else and then eventually by a Greek company.

And a really, really old tree.

And you get to see Terminal 2 and how the other half live.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:53 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
Kish!

AED 400 odd, all-told, including a night in the dorms where you get to meet all sorts of people you wouldn't otherwise see in your daily life.

If you're a woman you get to wear a scarf all day too!

And you get to see a 'Greek' ship that ran aground in the 60s. Well it was originally Scottish but was bought off by someone else and then eventually by a Greek company.

You make it sound like such an adventure - might just cancel my 5* hotel!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
You make it sound like such an adventure - might just cancel my 5* hotel!
Kish isn't a place for a lady, thats for sure..
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Kish isn't a place for a lady, thats for sure..
There were hundreds there when I went.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

There were hundreds there when I went.
re read the post.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

re read the post.
Am I missing the clue?

There were hundreds of women there when I went.

Sorry if there was some word play I've missed... or if it's some sort of woman-v-lady debate... my point was that a great many women also perform their visa runs over there (albeit almost exclusively those without any choice in their destination)
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Am I missing the clue?

There were hundreds of women there when I went.

Sorry if there was some word play I've missed... or if it's some sort of woman-v-lady debate... my point was that a great many women also perform their visa runs over there (albeit almost exclusively those without any choice in their destination)
That was my point. No place for a lady. Not the most pleasant of experiences I would imagine..
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:23 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Kish!

That tree was amazing....did you manage to see the old water wells from the times of the Persian Empire? I got a taxi driver to give me a tour of the island for AED30 - it was about 7 years ago though!

N.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
That tree was amazing....did you manage to see the old water wells from the times of the Persian Empire? I got a taxi driver to give me a tour of the island for AED30 - it was about 7 years ago though!

N.
the something-e-sabz? Dakht-e-sabz?

I did my own sort of tour... by the second day I'd got the hang of Farsi numbers (v similar to Hindi/Urdu) and managed to get things cheaper by dealing in tomans rather than AED. Water well thing was closed off i was quite keen on seeing it though.

Really whetted my appetite for seeing Iran before i leave the region once I find any companions who are up for it.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:11 am
W10

That was my point. No place for a lady. Not the most pleasant of experiences I would imagine..
So you haven't been there then.

And of course, the people going to Kish for their visa runs are shunning a weekend at the Chedi to do so. Or maybe they have no choice because its the cheapest and most viable option for them. Nothing to do with them being a 'lady' or not.

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:12 am
W10

the something-e-sabz? Dakht-e-sabz?

I did my own sort of tour... by the second day I'd got the hang of Farsi numbers (v similar to Hindi/Urdu) and managed to get things cheaper by dealing in tomans rather than AED. Water well thing was closed off i was quite keen on seeing it though.

Really whetted my appetite for seeing Iran before i leave the region once I find any companions who are up for it.
I pick up my visa on Wednesday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.