Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal

UK Passport Renewal

Old Dec 18th 2013, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
To transfer visas from old passport to new.
No to renew standard British adult passport. You cannot transfer your Dubai Visa, you have to keep your old passport (and visa) until the visa expires, then get the new visa in the new passport.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 5:48 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
No to renew standard British adult passport. You cannot transfer your Dubai Visa, you have to keep your old passport (and visa) until the visa expires, then get the new visa in the new passport.
Well my boss did exactly that in the summer. New passport, had Dubai residency transferred to it.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 1:46 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Well my boss did exactly that in the summer. New passport, had Dubai residency transferred to it.
Interesting! HR told me it was not possible. Good old HR.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 3:02 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Interesting! HR told me it was not possible. Good old HR.
I don't think it's easy and is fairly expensive if the company has a lot of people who want this doing.

For us they look at how much you travel and how long is left on residency before approving.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
its there you obviously need to put your glasses on!
So did you check the link I posted, smart ass? Yes I see that it's on the one posted by Mikewot but not the one I was given by someone else. Even my boss thought it should go to Peterborough. Glad I wrote on here first before posting.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
So did you check the link I posted, smart ass? Yes I see that it's on the one posted by Mikewot but not the one I was given by someone else. Even my boss thought it should go to Peterborough. Glad I wrote on here first before posting.
why peterborough... it went to germany before and now no more germany its liverpool.... peterborough is one of the local ones, you could have sent it to glasgow but thats only if you are living in the uk, which u arent so a big to you too!
Old Dec 19th 2013, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

To transfer visas from old passport to new.
u can but whats the point, now the visas are only valid for like 2 years so you may only have to put up with it for a little time!
Old Dec 19th 2013, 6:24 am
Big Member

u can but whats the point, now the visas are only valid for like 2 years so you may only have to put up with it for a little time!
I have two years left on my visa, and travelling 4-5 times a month with two passports is a pain (the old one is pretty beaten up).
Old Dec 19th 2013, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have two years left on my visa, and travelling 4-5 times a month with two passports is a pain (the old one is pretty beaten up).
because most people now have 2 years visa not the standard 3 that it was a few years ago.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 12:08 pm
Big Member

because most people now have 2 years visa not the standard 3 that it was a few years ago.
It's irrelevant, if you travel a lot two passports are a pain in the arse.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's irrelevant, if you travel a lot two passports are a pain in the arse.
i know have been here long time so always have 2 passports x 4! even worse now down to every 2 years visa.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 6:11 pm
Big Member

i know have been here long time so always have 2 passports x 4! even worse now down to every 2 years visa.

What on earth has how long you've been here got to do with this (although I'd hazard a guess you've spent too much time in the sun)?

Travelling with a current passport and expired one (which contains your residency) is a pain, especially if flying almost every week. This can be fixed my transferring the residency from old passport to new passport.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

What on earth has how long you've been here got to do with this (although I'd hazard a guess you've spent too much time in the sun)?

Travelling with a current passport and expired one (which contains your residency) is a pain, especially if flying almost every week. This can be fixed my transferring the residency from old passport to new passport.
just staple the two together. no dramas.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 5:39 am
Account Closed

Maybe it's me but I use the egates, never been asked for passport coming into Dubay except first time. No one has looked at the visa for at least 18 months.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

meaning that there are 4 in my family so at one point or other a passport increases by 2!!!! and been here a long time, so had many visas attached to old passport and new passport.!!! and fyi: dont go out in the sun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.