Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal

UK Passport Renewal

Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Passport Renewal

Having done a search and found the relevent link for renewing my daughter's passport on-line, when I found the Application Form it says that it's not to be used by anyone living overseas. Have I misunderstood something? I was led to believe that it was fairly straightforward. Has anyone gone through the process recently? It seems to have been changed umpteen times in the last few years. Here is the basic link https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport Muchas gracias.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:24 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal

You did use the Overseas passport link yes?
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...united-kingdom
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

you obviously didnt find the one that is for overseas then!!?
Old Nov 26th 2013, 7:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
You did use the Overseas passport link yes?
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...united-kingdom
Probably best to leave the questions blank.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Nov 27th 2013, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
you obviously didnt find the one that is for overseas then!!?
Even that site directs you to fill an Application Form requiring that you live in the UK. Some people evidently don't read the small print. Presumably its a UK Gov glitch. Anyway, what I would like to know are the questions that they ask before I start filling the form. They don't seem to allow you to print out a blank form first like they used to.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i have renewed many brit passports here and printed off the form from the internet, never had a problem, there is one for people in uk and one for people overseas simples.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
i have renewed many brit passports here and printed off the form from the internet, never had a problem, there is one for people in uk and one for people overseas simples.
Maybe the system has changed. Now you have to complete the form section by section. You don't get to see the next section until you have completed the first. If anyone can let me have a copy of the entire form that would be helpful.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:23 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

You work through the drop downs, then print the form which has now been tailored to your requirements, fill it in and send it off. Why is that difficult?
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Maybe the system has changed. Now you have to complete the form section by section. You don't get to see the next section until you have completed the first. If anyone can let me have a copy of the entire form that would be helpful.
Answer 3 questions and download the pdf from here - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...plication-form
Old Nov 27th 2013, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I'll have to do this shortly. My visa is being renewed and I have two pages left so will need a new passport as I will be travelling next year - do they return the old one as that will have the new UAE visa?!

N.
Yes - typically takes 3 weeks (ish). Old one is normally returned a couple of days before the new one.

(apart from me, where the old one was held for 6 weeks for some reason--- I'm guessing it was the Yemen, Iraq, Pak and Afghan visas in it combined with my new beard )
Old Nov 28th 2013, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I'll have to do this shortly. My visa is being renewed and I have two pages left so will need a new passport as I will be travelling next year - do they return the old one as that will have the new UAE visa?!

N.
yes they both come back, usually within a couple of days of each other. dont you think everyone has the same problem and yes you dont need to transfer visa into new passport of course you can pay them the hundred dirhams to do it if you want to
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

According to the guidance notes, the photos of my daughter must be counter-signed by someone who must:

• be a professional person (including those who are
retired) for example, bank or building-society
officials, police officers, civil servants, ministers
of religion and people with professional
qualifications like teachers, accountants,
engineers and solicitors.
• have known you personally for at least two
years (for example, a friend, neighbour or
collegue, not just someone who knows you
professionally)
• live in the UK, and
• hold a British or Irish passport

How on earth am I supposed to find such a person living in the UK when I have been away from there since 1998?
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

I jsut had mine countersigned by my MD here - wasn't an issue.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:10 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
How on earth am I supposed to find such a person living in the UK when I have been away from there since 1998?
Assuming you have the correct form for applying for a passport from overseas - it's the one here - then they'll accept any countersignatory as long as they have a current British, Irish, other EU, US or Commonwealth passport. We just ask work colleagues with British passports, and we've been countersignatories for them as well.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Assuming you have the correct form for applying for a passport from overseas - it's the one here - then they'll accept any countersignatory as long as they have a current British, Irish, other EU, US or Commonwealth passport. We just ask work colleagues with British passports, and we've been countersignatories for them as well.
Just found the full and detailed list on the gov.uk website. Although doctors, dentists and lawyers are named, it does include a member of any professional body, so that gets me out of difficulty. Whoever signs, though, is supposed to have known the child personally for two years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.