U2 in UAE

Old Dec 10th 2009, 2:20 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U2 in UAE

Originally Posted by Eva
So they've priced themselves outta the market then?
A mate from here was in UK earlier this year and went to a party with The Edge. When asked if U2 were coming to Dubai (admittedly he did not say UAE or Abu Dhabi), the response was "They can't afford us".
Old Dec 10th 2009, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Another thing I found quite pleasant about the concert last night was the
merchadise wasn't too loaded.Some kids were buying pretty nice T'S for 100AED...seems fair to me.
Agree, but shame the piss-poor beer was bloody Dhs40 a pint and the bar staff didn't know their arses from their elbows.

Apart from that, v. well organised I thought.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:23 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
A mate from here was in UK earlier this year and went to a party with The Edge. When asked if U2 were coming to Dubai (admittedly he did not say UAE or Abu Dhabi), the response was "They can't afford us".
'...a party with The Edge'......oooooh, that's heaven!!.
There will come a day they will lower their price in exchange for
reassurance they are still up there with the people.

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Agree, but shame the piss-poor beer was bloody Dhs40 a pint and the bar staff didn't know their arses from their elbows.

No idea about beer.One of the very few drinks I dislike

Last edited by Eva; Dec 10th 2009 at 5:32 am.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

No idea about beer.One of the very drinks I dislike
What do you like? Champers was Dhs120 a glass!!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
spot on. in a nut shell. very doubtful due to transport, talent fee, insurance....

Even Bono with a mic and The Edge with an accoustic would cost millions.... nevermind the most expensive staging ever....

Haven't U2, or Bono at least, commented on human rights issues in the UAE? That is allegedly a reason why they wouldn't appear. Mind you Chris Martin said the same for many years...

-
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:38 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Haven't U2, or Bono at least, commented on human rights issues in the UAE? That is allegedly a reason why they wouldn't appear. Mind you Chris Martin said the same for many years...

-
Yeah, but when it comes down to it cash is king. I think the global financial meltdown made some of these principled bands re-evaluate things.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:38 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

What do you like? Champers was Dhs120 a glass!!
Oh dear, this will sound twattish.... I wouldn't/didn't bother as I hate plastic glasses.
I do like champers,Krug for specials and Bollinger for whenever else.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:40 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow

-
Yeh, Chris Martin ate his hat on that one.
Everyone has their price imho anyway.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh dear, this will sound twattish.... I wouldn't/didn't bother as I hate plastic glasses.
I do like champers,Krug for specials and Bollinger for whenever else.
No, I agree completely - that is exactly my point - why would anyone want to pay Dhs120 for warm, cheap (probably) champagne out of a plastic glass??
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:46 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No, I agree completely - that is exactly my point - why would anyone want to pay Dhs120 for warm, cheap (probably) champagne out of a plastic glass??
Quite. Besides it was a night for dancing!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 5:59 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
'...a party with The Edge'......oooooh, that's heaven!!.
There will come a day they will lower their price in exchange for
reassurance they are still up there with the people.

No idea about beer.One of the very few drinks I dislike
they stopped being relevant years and years ago, Bono is one of the biggest pricks in music and they haven't released anything half decent since Zooropa.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:29 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
they stopped being relevant years and years ago, Bono is one of the biggest pricks in music and they haven't released anything half decent since Zooropa.

They will always be relevant but I agree their star is on the wain -which is only to be expected.When you are at the top of your game there is only one way to go.Emeerging bands continue to be influenced by them-indeed The Killers, well b.flow anyways is.

Some decent tracks on All that you can't.......& How to Dismantle but thought Line on the Horizon was very disappointing.Very subjective though.
For me Rattle & Hum is the superlative.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down Re: U2 in UAE

And i'm sure it was the smallest "pint" i've ever had.....
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

And i'm sure it was the smallest "pint" i've ever had.....
Agree.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:14 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
They will always be relevant but I agree their star is on the wain -which is only to be expected.When you are at the top of your game there is only one way to go.Emeerging bands continue to be influenced by them-indeed The Killers, well b.flow anyways is.

Some decent tracks on All that you can't.......& How to Dismantle but thought Line on the Horizon was very disappointing.Very subjective though.
For me Rattle & Hum is the superlative.
the joshua tree is an utter classic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.