U2 in UAE

Old Dec 9th 2009, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Paddy09 is on a distinguished road
Default U2 in UAE

It seems U2 are announcing new dates for their 360 tour every few weeks. Does anybody know if there are any plans for them to play a gig in the UAE?
Weve had beyonce and the killers etc. so it would be great to see the greatest band of all coming to play.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U2 in UAE

It could be that it depends on where they are at the end of the tour.

Like quite a few bands before them, Abu Dhabi (Emirates palace gig) is usually a stop over gig paying easy tax free pocket money on the way back to Europe from Australia etc.

They are still one of my ''must see'' bands. As well as The Red Hot chilli peppers.

Still regret not seeing Talking Heads and Fleetwood Mac when I had the chance many years ago in the UK.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I've been informed they won't be coming here, or at least to AD. The cost of the logistics alone make it too prohibitive apparently.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 3:18 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paddy09
It seems U2 are announcing new dates for their 360 tour every few weeks. Does anybody know if there are any plans for them to play a gig in the UAE?
Weve had beyonce and the killers etc. so it would be great to see the greatest band of all coming to play.
I can;t imagine they'd EVER come to the UAE to be honest.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:28 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arcadia
It could be that it depends on where they are at the end of the tour.

Like quite a few bands before them, Abu Dhabi (Emirates palace gig) is usually a stop over gig paying easy tax free pocket money on the way back to Europe from Australia etc.

They are still one of my ''must see'' bands. As well as The Red Hot chilli peppers.

Still regret not seeing Talking Heads and Fleetwood Mac when I had the chance many years ago in the UK.
The Killers were mesmerising last night.Brandon reminded me so much of a young David Byrne only a better singer.

I would never say never in terms of U2 appearing in UAE.
Seen them in UK 3 times and have to say they would need to up their game from the last concert to be as good as the Killers were last night.
I am a huge U2 fan but do feel they have had their best years.
I don't quite understand the cost prohibitive arguement Benzo.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
The Killers were mesmerising last night.Brandon reminded me so much of a young David Byrne only a better singer.

I would never say never in terms of U2 appearing in UAE.
Seen them in UK 3 times and have to say they would need to up their game from the last concert to be as good as the Killers were last night.
I am a huge U2 fan but do feel they have had their best years.
I don't quite understand the cost prohibitive arguement Benzo.
Flash is still a business and has to make money. To get the U2 stage over and all the gubbins is about $4 million, then the band themselves would probably be looking for a similar amount.

Flash don't cover the costs with ticket sales and rely on sponsorship to make these events viable. Who knows it may happen, but when I last spoke to the guys in Flash they said it was unlikely to happen.

As for last night, Killers were great. Just a shame that they had to finish at 10.30pm. They had to leave the venue and head straight for the airport as they are playing for the CEO of Google tonight at his birthday bash.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:41 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
Flash is still a business and has to make money. To get the U2 stage over and all the gubbins is about $4 million, then the band themselves would probably be looking for a similar amount.

Flash don't cover the costs with ticket sales and rely on sponsorship to make these events viable. Who knows it may happen, but when I last spoke to the guys in Flash they said it was unlikely to happen.

As for last night, Killers were great. Just a shame that they had to finish at 10.30pm. They had to leave the venue and head straight for the airport as they are playing for the CEO of Google tonight at his birthday bash.

Yeh, I didn't want to leave. Brandon was 'full on' for the duration,not sure he coulda lasted much longer tho'
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eva
Yeh, I didn't want to leave. Brandon was 'full on' for the duration,not sure he coulda lasted much longer tho'
He looked pretty shattered backstage afterwards.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:49 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by benzonar
He looked pretty shattered backstage afterwards.
Such a name dropping show off you are.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:24 pm