British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Sex Discrimination (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/sex-discrimination-571096/)

Roadking Nov 7th 2008 1:41 pm

Re: Sex Discrimination

Originally Posted by mrskpd (Post 6949515)
maybe the tables are starting to turn......we are in what is probably the very unusual situation of me sponsoring my husband on my visa....which means I have to provide him with the NOC to get job, licence, etc etc....as I have full visa have not yet encountered a situation where my husband (my dependant) has to approve anything for me

But has to (ap)prove loads to you...:rofl:

Hermos Nov 12th 2008 11:25 am

Well, I disagree about this issue, there is no sex descrimination here, actually it is completely contrary..... women here are respectful and treated in great way... with no descrimination at all.

The NOC letter is required from your sponsor no matter he is a man or a woman... some ladies here are sponsoring men and they sign on their NOC letters....

I noticed that UAE give Women special treatment in all sides to make them feel more comfortable, there are alot of services created specially to make it easy to women to work and live in safe way...

Roadking, please sh*t up and let other adult talk, the way you are talking make the situation worse, and give nothing more than a wrong message about arab men in specific....and sure what you are saying is completely wrong... you are irrational and rude in the way you talked to the lady.

So be careful LIONHEART for communicating wrong information that is not correct ....

and RoadKing, as I said, do not give your openion about something ever.

MataHari Nov 12th 2008 11:31 am

hi Hermos...welcome to BE...
everybody can voice their opinion on here about loads of subjects...and while you may not always like what is said or agree with it...there is a high degree of freedom of speech on here...for you and for others...
happy posting...

Alen1 Nov 12th 2008 11:36 am

Hermos, you're about twelve years old; right?

Roadking Nov 12th 2008 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Hermos (Post 6965355)
Well, I disagree about this issue, there is no sex descrimination here, actually it is completely contrary..... women here are respectful and treated in great way... with no descrimination at all.

The NOC letter is required from your sponsor no matter he is a man or a woman... some ladies here are sponsoring men and they sign on their NOC letters....

I noticed that UAE give Women special treatment in all sides to make them feel more comfortable, there are alot of services created specially to make it easy to women to work and live in safe way...

Roadking, please sh*t up and let other adult talk, the way you are talking make the situation worse, and give nothing more than a wrong message about arab men in specific....and sure what you are saying is completely wrong... you are irrational and rude in the way you talked to the lady.

So be careful LIONHEART for communicating wrong information that is not correct ....

Hermos :thumbdown:, if you don't like what I write; don't read it! I'd also suggest that, if you don't understand humour, you stay off the forum.

This is a British Expat forum, hence the reason it's called BritishExpat.com :eek:, and British humour is not to eveyones taste or understanding. If you don't like what you see, don't look!

Shadya Nov 12th 2008 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Hermos (Post 6965355)

You are presumably a government stooge planted here to convince us that everything in the UAE is hunk dory. Next you'll be telling us that Islam is better for women than any other religion.

Roadking Nov 12th 2008 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 6965577)
You are presumably a government stooge planted here to convince us that everything in the UAE is hunk dory. Next you'll be telling us that Islam is better for women than any other religion.

:eek:

Hermos Nov 12th 2008 12:32 pm

Noway to see the world a better place as long as we have stupid and decadent people such as Alen1 and of course the HumourKing and Shadya....

to have a clean and healthy world we must put such personalities in the nearest cesspit

Anyway, thanks for the reply MataHari

Blue Cat Nov 12th 2008 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 6965577)

:eek::eek::eek:

Blue Cat Nov 12th 2008 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Hermos (Post 6965588)
Noway to see the world a better place as long as we have stupid and decadent people such as Alen1 and of course the HumourKing and Shadya....

to have a clean and healthy world we must put such personalities in the nearest cesspit

insulting people is the way to go ...

Roadking Nov 12th 2008 12:38 pm

Isn't it amazing how some people always believe they are in the right even though the rest of the world tell them how screwed up they are. Still, one should take pity on the deranged and not spoil their illusions in case reality is too much for them. Poor lad!

MataHari Nov 12th 2008 12:39 pm

you're welcome...
now I suggest you tone it down a bit ok...

Roadking Nov 12th 2008 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 6965602)
Isn't it amazing how some people always believe they are in the right even though the rest of the world tell them how screwed up they are. Still, one should take pity on the deranged and not spoil their illusions in case reality is too much for them. Poor lad!

PS, can you tell me where the cesspit is, cause I'm guessing you won't be there and that's the place I want to be!

Roadking Nov 12th 2008 12:47 pm

HumourKing. Not bad, might use that as my next incarnation.;)

banter64 Nov 12th 2008 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 6965629)
HumourKing. Not bad, might use that as my next incarnation.;)

LOL I always sign and write my own :)