satelite tv?

Old May 1st 2007, 11:48 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: satelite tv?

Originally Posted by Meow
I wasn't being unpleasant as I clearly stated - just suggesting that if you need all things British around you, then maybe anywhere overseas isn't for you...
Oh, please - one of the most amusing aspects of all the expat hotspots around the world is the way the residents seem to go out of their way to make the place as much like their native country as possible!

Why else do Spinneys import Waitrose products? Why else do Showtime and Orbit show British programmes? Why are dives like Double Decker so popular?

Go anywhere else in the world where there's a large expat population, and you'll find exactly the same things. And it's hardly limited to Brits; no matter what the nationality, there will be shops, restaurants and bars dedicated to it, and they will be popular. If you want to be completely immersed in a foreign culture, then DON'T go to Dubai... or Spain... or HK... or Australia...
Old May 1st 2007, 12:35 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
Oh, please - one of the most amusing aspects of all the expat hotspots around the world is the way the residents seem to go out of their way to make the place as much like their native country as possible!

Why else do Spinneys import Waitrose products? Why else do Showtime and Orbit show British programmes? Why are dives like Double Decker so popular?

Go anywhere else in the world where there's a large expat population, and you'll find exactly the same things. And it's hardly limited to Brits; no matter what the nationality, there will be shops, restaurants and bars dedicated to it, and they will be popular. If you want to be completely immersed in a foreign culture, then DON'T go to Dubai... or Spain... or HK... or Australia...

and we wouldn't all post on britishexpats all the time would we?? we post on www.uaetalkcrap.com
Old May 1st 2007, 12:41 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Just changing the subject slightly does anyone have two sat systems they run side by side - I don't mean an add on. We've got DSTV but want to run showtime as well - obviously we will have to have 2 separate boxes is it just a case of switching cables - sorry if its a bit of a blonde question but can't get any sense out of the showtime people
FD - unfortunately you'll need a second dish as DSTV and showtime are on different satellites..... unles u get showtime by cable.
Old May 1st 2007, 12:42 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
FD - unfortunately you'll need a second dish as DSTV and showtime are on different satellites..... unles u get showtime by cable.
she won't be bothered she will just open some more wine!!
Old May 1st 2007, 12:45 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Oh yes I realise that - not completely clueless (i know i know matter of opinion ) - just wondering how you would switch from one system to the other.
Old May 1st 2007, 12:45 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
she won't be bothered she will just open some more wine!!
You must have read my mind - was just thinking it was about that time of day
Old May 1st 2007, 12:49 pm
Concierge

You must have read my mind - was just thinking it was about that time of day
I'll get you one in the chippy. Mate has got orbit and showtime, orbit through her video and the EPG thingy whatever it is for showtime. Has a splitter so upstairs has showtime as well. Not sure if that helps??
Old May 1st 2007, 12:57 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get you one in the chippy. Mate has got orbit and showtime, orbit through her video and the EPG thingy whatever it is for showtime. Has a splitter so upstairs has showtime as well. Not sure if that helps??
this is getting complicated now - buy dvds its cheaper
Old May 1st 2007, 1:01 pm
Its all good

Right let me make it a bit simpler. Got DSTV which is fed through the DVD so to get sound it has to be on a certain channel on both TV and DVD.

Going to get showtime with showbox but don't know if this will have to be fed through DVD too.

At the moment DSTV is fed to another TV in the villa as well. So need showtime to go to main tv and yet another different tv.

Don't know if that makes sense but could do with someone who has 2 sat systems running side by side to advise.

No wonder Showtime can't answer my questions I can't even make sense of what I'm trying to say myself
Old May 1st 2007, 1:07 pm
Concierge

Right let me make it a bit simpler. Got DSTV which is fed through the DVD so to get sound it has to be on a certain channel on both TV and DVD.

Going to get showtime with showbox but don't know if this will have to be fed through DVD too.

At the moment DSTV is fed to another TV in the villa as well. So need showtime to go to main tv and yet another different tv.

Don't know if that makes sense but could do with someone who has 2 sat systems running side by side to advise.

No wonder Showtime can't answer my questions I can't even make sense of what I'm trying to say myself
yes it can be done, my mate has it. From what I can gather the showbox thing is where the signal goes through? I could be wrong. Just get them to come out and fit it, you will find out then! I am sure it will be fine.
Old May 1st 2007, 1:11 pm
Its all good

yes it can be done, my mate has it. From what I can gather the showbox thing is where the signal goes through? I could be wrong. Just get them to come out and fit it, you will find out then! I am sure it will be fine.
Think I've maybe just answered my own question by trying to write it down - it well def have to go through dvd to get surround sound on the main tv - oh well I'll just order it and find out as you say!!!!!!