British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   satelite tv? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/satelite-tv-444430/)

nannyk Apr 23rd 2007 6:57 pm

satelite tv?

Hi All :D

Is it possible to get english channels in abu dhabi with satelite tv? I mean I know its quite sad but im going to miss my emmerdale and eastenders and corrie and lost and ER!!!!! Whats the cost like also? Thankyou :thumbup:

Blue Cat Apr 23rd 2007 7:02 pm

Re: satelite tv?

Originally Posted by nannyk (Post 4686239)
Hi All :D

Is it possible to get english channels in abu dhabi with satelite tv? I mean I know its quite sad but im going to miss my emmerdale and eastenders and corrie and lost and ER!!!!! Whats the cost like also? Thankyou :thumbup:

nanny you make me laugh! yes we got all of them!!!! cost about 250 dhs a month for the entire package.

nannyk Apr 23rd 2007 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4686258)
nanny you make me laugh! yes we got all of them!!!! cost about 250 dhs a month for the entire package.

lol

nannyk Apr 23rd 2007 7:17 pm

Thankyou :rofl: yeah i know im a bit sad but it keeps me going, especially lost!! I really didn't know if you could get them there. So they are all up to date and everything? I am hoping we make a few friends also and have a few bbq's! Cheers, you are a star :thumbsup:

Blue Cat Apr 23rd 2007 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by nannyk (Post 4686347)
Thankyou :rofl: yeah i know im a bit sad but it keeps me going, especially lost!! I really didn't know if you could get them there. So they are all up to date and everything? I am hoping we make a few friends also and have a few bbq's! Cheers, you are a star :thumbsup:

the british soaps are all about a month behind, Lost - not sure I think we are up to season 3, but you get used to it :lol:

NorthernLad Apr 23rd 2007 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4686404)
the british soaps are all about a month behind, Lost - not sure I think we are up to season 3, but you get used to it :lol:

Download. Bearshare or LimeWire are pretty good. You can generally get the
US shows 2 days later. Not sure about UK laws, but don't worry about filesharing here. Unless it's rude.

The missus is looking forward to Prison Break Season 3. I prefer Heroes and Dexter.

Madam Medusa Apr 24th 2007 3:35 am

but don't you get either corrie or enders??? i didn't think there was a package that did both??

MM, xx

twinkle-star Apr 24th 2007 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4687991)
but don't you get either corrie or enders??? i didn't think there was a package that did both??

MM, xx

Showtime does the corri and emm/dale and you have to call up and add on BBC Prime to get Enders. Extra wonga tho...Not sure how much some mad friends of ours did it. Sky T.V is depressing enough without Enders as well! :lol:

Confucius Apr 24th 2007 5:26 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 4688156)
Showtime does the corri and emm/dale and you have to call up and add on BBC Prime to get Enders. Extra wonga tho...Not sure how much some mad friends of ours did it. Sky T.V is depressing enough without Enders as well! :lol:

Why am I getting the impression that "Enders" is a naughty after midnight show???

Blue Cat Apr 24th 2007 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4687991)

MM, xx

you'll be surprised how many people have showtime and orbit, you can get them both through TECOM. I only have showtime so miss Eastenders but we can always recreate it in the Chippy!

twinkle-star Apr 24th 2007 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 4688166)
Why am I getting the impression that "Enders" is a naughty after midnight show???

You have a sordid mind! :rofl:

Its a early evening UK soap set in the East end of London ...Eastenders ...shortened to Enders (known as enders as Eastenders is too long to say for us Brits).

It is centered around a pub (as in all good British soaps) and a market square (Albert Square). It has loads of dysfunctional people living in the pub and around the square who fight, squabble, get married, have affairs, divorce and murder each other.
Either run down by a car in the square, bashed over the head with a door stop and buried in the cella, pushed down a steep hill and left to die or shoved down some stairs. Think some people have been shot and died of nasty diseases too.
Then everyone has a jolly good sing song and a knees up in the pub!

Hope that helps!!:rofl:

Blue Cat Apr 24th 2007 5:48 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 4688208)

Its a early evening UK soap set in the East end of London ...Eastenders ...shortened to Enders (known as enders as Eastenders is too long to say for us Brits).

It is centered around a pub (as in all good British soaps) and a market square (Albert Square). It has loads of dysfunctional people living in the pub and around the square who fight, squabble, get married, have affairs, divorce and murder each other.
Either run down by a car in the square, bashed over the head with a door stop and buried in the cella, pushed down a steep hill and left to die or shoved down some stairs. Think some people have been shot and died of nasty diseases too.

and the old women all think they are Paris Hilton and carry little dogs under their arms! :lol:

Confucius Apr 24th 2007 5:50 am

Similar to life in Dubai,where the pub is in Double Deckers,and you have fights,squabbles,getting married,having affairs,no divorces reported yet though,and the occasional murder...Diseases,we have a disease free community...

Blue Cat Apr 24th 2007 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 4688214)
Similar to life in Dubai,where the pub is in Double Deckers,and you have fights,squabbles,getting married,having affairs,no divorces reported yet though,and the occasional murder...Diseases,we have a disease free community...

yes but here it is all 5 star fights etc etc !!! I have heard of a few divorces.
BC

Miss Eck Apr 24th 2007 6:58 am

and you forgot to add that after watching several episodes you will feel suicidal :lol:

How I DON'T miss it!!