Room Shares

Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:11 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room Shares

I've flatshared the entire time I've been here. Hell, if it wasn't for flat sharing, JBR and certain parts of the Marina would be damn near empty. The general way Dubai's authorities look at flatsharing in certain areas is, so long as you're not sharing rooms, they'll turn a blind eye.

If you're going to look at flatshares, steer clear of Horizon Tower in the Marina, and most places in Sadaf and Bahar in JBR. That seems to be where most of the dickheads who let properties out operate.

Oh, and for god sake, avoid an American-Iranian called Adam like the plague. Biggest prick in the entire market.

Murjan can be alright, Rimal tends to be the best of the bunch, but it's location and thinness can mean more noisy than the other sectors, and Amwaj is nice and quiet, but tends to be a little bit more expensive than the others.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I've flatshared the entire time I've been here. Hell, if it wasn't for flat sharing, JBR and certain parts of the Marina would be damn near empty. The general way Dubai's authorities look at flatsharing in certain areas is, so long as you're not sharing rooms, they'll turn a blind eye.

If you're going to look at flatshares, steer clear of Horizon Tower in the Marina, and most places in Sadaf and Bahar in JBR. That seems to be where most of the dickheads who let properties out operate.

Oh, and for god sake, avoid an American-Iranian called Adam like the plague. Biggest prick in the entire market.

Murjan can be alright, Rimal tends to be the best of the bunch, but it's location and thinness can mean more noisy than the other sectors, and Amwaj is nice and quiet, but tends to be a little bit more expensive than the others.
Awesome, thanks for that advice.

I've been looking on Dubizzle a lot to get a rough idea of costs and places etc. Funnily enough one of the places you've mentioned is where I'm staying in the company apartment for the first 3 months...

Are there any other places to look than Dubizzle that you can recommend?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by auzdafluff

I am not sure why you think the OP is gay?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:59 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
I am not sure why you think the OP is gay?

Of course I don't. Though seriously, if when you're flat hunting and the guy introduces himself as Adam, with a quasi American accent, just hang up. Don't even waste your time.