Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Rent increase at the end of the first year

Rent increase at the end of the first year

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rent increase at the end of the first year

Originally Posted by Autonomy
By the way - Shoushou (or should that be "whatwhat"? ) You are just too complicated / confused to classify!

[HUMOUR] [/HUMOUR] included!
You dont say
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:11 pm
W10

Originally Posted by GarethR
Our tenancy is up in the middle of April... remains to be seen what's going to happen with the rent, although I think we can all guess. However, my company is negotiating to obtain apartments at JBR (that staff can rent or buy) and villas at KV (rental only) that will be available at discounted rates; the attractive part is that the rent will be fixed for four years.

It'd be nice to buy at a discounted rate at JBR, but sadly we don't have the necessary 20% deposit - which equates to AED 200,000 for even the smallest 1-bed apartments...

The bummer is that the villas won't be available until December (which I guess means March/April 2007).
You're getting screwed then. I've been offered 2 beds in JBR for the same price as you claim to be quoting. They haven't even managed to sell the development out yet.

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:50 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
You're getting screwed then
Some people might be, but we're not. We're not buying! We'll be going for a 3-bed rental villa at KV, which will cost less than what we're paying now in the Springs, and it'll be fixed for four years. Not a bad deal by Dubai standards, and we'll almost certainly have left the UAE before the rent gets jacked up.

I've been offered 2 beds in JBR for the same price as you claim to be quoting
So you'll be moving out of the Springs to, er, a high-rise version of the Springs?

A friend was over at the sales centre yesterday lunchtime, being quoted AED 1,000,000 for a 1-bed place. He went in as your standard punter and didn't mention our company at all. But he's one of the lucky ones who's got £30,000 in ready cash to put down as a deposit. Git

I'm sure he'd be interested to know about 2-beds going for the same price, though. Where did you get your offer from?
Old Jan 24th 2006, 1:18 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I think I'd have to put myself in the pinko lefty cynical menu with a streak of ambitious capitalist spiced up with barely contained disblief at the views of some people all cooled off with a smothering dose of tolerance...

you know - the average man in the street.

By the way - Shoushou (or should that be "whatwhat"? ) You are just too complicated / confused to classify!

And Face - don't worry - we all know what you are

And if anyone should have been in doubt, my original post should have had the tags [HUMOUR] [/HUMOUR] included!

well ok, I will let you off this time.

next time, remember the [humour] [/humour] Took you V seriously there for a minute!