Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Qatar - Moving to be with Hubby

Qatar - Moving to be with Hubby

Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar - Moving to be with Hubby

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
Hmmm, working hours depend on the job and who you are working for.
Qatar is a dump, no question about it.
What exactly do you want to know?
Been here over 3 years, sadly, and yes, life on the net is rather common here....btw. QL is your best source of info here and ,scarily, for entertainment. You'll get used to it though, desperation makes strange bedfellows.
Whoah, is it really that bad?????

I mean, don't you guys kind of make your own social life & have outrageous parties and stuff????
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

JJJ75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lady Lou - what is QL?? some internet thing? sorry I am a complete novice.

Job in question is working in recruitment (my background), money not that good, as they said they were only really looking locally so then can only offer me local terms, having said that I am not a burden to them in terms of healthcare, housing etc. so I should get a bit more on that basis.

Lady Lou, do you work, and if not how do you fill your time?

Thanks

JJJ
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJJ75

Job in question is working in recruitment (my background), money not that good, as they said they were only really looking locally so then can only offer me local terms, having said that I am not a burden to them in terms of healthcare, housing etc. so I should get a bit more on that basis.

Thanks

JJJ
JJ - what kind of experience do you have? I know someone who is looking for soft skills trainers in Qatar (stuff like presentation skills, interpersonal, conflict management, communications). The hours are v flexible & the money's pretty good...
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Lady Lou

my background is mainly recruitment, both in-house and agency.

However, I have done some training - mainly interview skills training, about techniques and legislation, do's and don'ts etc.

BTW do you know why when I log out and check the forum, I cannot see my thread, have I posted it in a restrictive area where only a few people can see it?

thanks
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Qatar - Moving to be with Hubby

Apologies Shakh your Bootie, I thought Lady Lou posted the last response,

see told you I was a novice!!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Apologies Shakh your Bootie, I thought Lady Lou posted the last response,

see told you I was a novice!!!
You've posted it in the "Sandpit" area - which is for off-topic chit-chat and monkeying around...

You can ask a mod to move your thread to the main Middle East section.

I'll send you a PM with the details of the company that's looking for trainers.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

JJJ
Sorry, do not know anything about working hours in recruitment,and I am not working now. Was working for a while, the pay was not worth my time or losing my sanity.
I have become a "bored" housewife with hobbies and a cyberspace life....
No, there are no "outrageous" parties I know of here...if you find some, have mercy and let me know!
QL is www.qatarliving.com
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Shakh

I have looked at contacting a moderator, but cannot find how to do it. Any ideas?

thanks for your responses btw, makes a difference to know there are other people who care and interested
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Shakh

I have looked at contacting a moderator, but cannot find how to do it. Any ideas?

thanks for your responses btw, makes a difference to know there are other people who care and interested
You can send a PM to Eeyore, he's our moderator.... but people will reply to your thread even if it's in the sandpit. You just might find that it's more prone to straying off-topic and into banter here.....
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

SYB

thanks for that info, you have been a real help.

I once went to AD about 10 years ago, has it changed much?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Lady Lou

perhaps we can liven things up in old Doha, must be something to do to take the edge off the boredom!!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SYB

thanks for that info, you have been a real help.

I once went to AD about 10 years ago, has it changed much?
Ah, I've only been here 3 years but I would imagine that it has changed - the pace of change has picked up dramatically over the last year or so, tho... in a few years time it might rival Dubai for quality of life.

Good luck with your move - keep posting (especially if you end up as a bored housewife with only cyber-buddies for company!!!)
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Lady Lou

perhaps we can liven things up in old Doha, must be something to do to take the edge off the boredom!!!
That is what you say NOW....just you wait until you have been in the land of the hopeless for a while....
We all came here with a certain amount of hope and enthusiasm...give it 3 weeks and it will all go pppfffffttttt.......ma'assalama (good bye) never to be seen again.
No, seriously, it takes about 3 weeks to have seen and done it all, and it is not too entertaining in the first place, and bloody expensive at that.
The thing here is to make money and then get out.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Lady Lou

I can appreciate where you are coming from, my hubby was in Qatar over 10 years ago and the horror stories. He lived in a villa with another guy who was a middle east veteran (he escaped to Qatar after being taken to the cleaners by his Ex-wife, and she then won a substantial sum on the pools after they were divorced)!!

He would regularly be found on the floor in the kitchen watching the washing go round and round in the machine. He then left to open a turtle farm in Thailand and we later found out he was done in!!

However, my hubbie does assure me that it is a different place today, granted it is not like the UK, but there are much more things to do.

Here's hoping!!!

JJJ75
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:13 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Lady Lou

I can appreciate where you are coming from, my hubby was in Qatar over 10 years ago and the horror stories. He lived in a villa with another guy who was a middle east veteran (he escaped to Qatar after being taken to the cleaners by his Ex-wife, and she then won a substantial sum on the pools after they were divorced)!!

He would regularly be found on the floor in the kitchen watching the washing go round and round in the machine. He then left to open a turtle farm in Thailand and we later found out he was done in!!

However, my hubbie does assure me that it is a different place today, granted it is not like the UK, but there are much more things to do.

Here's hoping!!!

JJJ75

and it's not like you have a choice in the matter...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.