Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Purchasing a villa

Purchasing a villa

Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

rickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nice
Default Purchasing a villa

Hi all, i posted on her a few weeks ago about moving to Dubai (only two and a half weeks to go) Been looking at purchasing a Villa at the Gardens and was intrested in anyones views on this are and also how far from Media City is it??? also could anyone explain the process for Mortgages over in Dubai, and how much you can borrow with a partner etc.. as this is completly new to me..

Cheers Rick
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Purchasing a villa

Originally Posted by rickyboy
Hi all, i posted on her a few weeks ago about moving to Dubai (only two and a half weeks to go) Been looking at purchasing a Villa at the Gardens and was intrested in anyones views on this are and also how far from Media City is it??? also could anyone explain the process for Mortgages over in Dubai, and how much you can borrow with a partner etc.. as this is completly new to me..

Cheers Rick
Do a forum search on the Gardens Rick, a few people here are looking into purchasing in the same place, there are one or two things you should hear about the place first :scared: but it's all mentioned in previous posts
DE
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:10 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

bad idea, wait a few years and buy once the market has collapsed, which is inevitable
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

rickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nice

Thanks TA5, why do you reckon that is??? where do you live TA5?? and is it rude to ask what your rent costs??? also you gonna take me kite surfing when i get over there i have a few flexifoils but never done any kite surfing

Rick

Originally Posted by TA5
bad idea, wait a few years and buy once the market has collapsed, which is inevitable
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:20 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Rick
The gardens is about 7km's from the Media City and the quality and price of those villas is fairly high.

Mortgages are available to cover the entire cost of the home u are purchasing with a maximum of a 25 year payment plan.

The main company that deals with mortgages is Amlak Finance:

www.amlakfinance.com

Their contact details are:

Toll Free (within Dubai) 800 43 37

International +9714 366 15 05

Apart from this, a few banks now offer mortgages aswell..... one of them is RAK Bank.

Hope that helps u rick.

- Bob..... This info should go into the FAQ's aswell.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:23 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TA5
inevitable perhaps, but I wudnt hold my breath........ the market is still BRAND NEW and the bubble hasnt had enough time to reach the point of popping......

The market needs atleast 5-10 years or more before it starts to get saturated..... as it stands, Dubai needs 600, 000 new resedential units by 2010..... at the current rate, only 400, 000 will come onto the market.... so that itself will keep the prices high.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:36 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks TA5, why do you reckon that is??? where do you live TA5?? and is it rude to ask what your rent costs??? also you gonna take me kite surfing when i get over there i have a few flexifoils but never done any kite surfing

Rick
i live in the marina, yes it is rude, but for informational purposes its between 70k and 80k per year (a/c included)

i can't teach you legally, but i can steer you in the right direction, 17 sq. m. 4 line LEI kites are alot different than flexifoils, i had flexifoils and the big difference is about 100 times as much force on the big kites

pm me if you want more info
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Face81, your knowledge is fantastic again, thankyou.

I have been looking at the prices and looks like around £220,000, for a nice 3 bed Villa, huge sq footage, doesen't sound to much to me!!! i know it's a lot but i'd rather buy over there than rent really, plus a nice big villa could be handy for all those
up's

Cheers Rick
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:45 pm
The Oracle

Cheers Face81, your knowledge is fantastic again, thankyou.

I have been looking at the prices and looks like around £220,000, for a nice 3 bed Villa, huge sq footage, doesen't sound to much to me!!! i know it's a lot but i'd rather buy over there than rent really, plus a nice big villa could be handy for all those
up's

Cheers Rick
no probs Rick......... always happy to help.

Yep.... the homes in that development are amongst the largest being built in Dubai. Do note that it is about 40kms into the heart of Dubai, but this development will become part of the Centre of New Dubai. Plus there is a massive mall opening next to the development this month.... apparently the 5th largest in the World! lol

yeah...... a big house is always a plus for that sort of thing. heh heh.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by TA5
i live in the marina, yes it is rude, but for informational purposes its between 70k and 80k per year (a/c included)

i can't teach you legally, but i can steer you in the right direction, 17 sq. m. 4 line LEI kites are alot different than flexifoils, i had flexifoils and the big difference is about 100 times as much force on the big kites

pm me if you want more info

That's a bit cheap?! What are you renting? The maid's room! :scared:
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:06 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
its a McFlat.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
its a McFlat.
Living like a sandwich!
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:16 pm
The Oracle

Living like a sandwich!
heh heh.......... i wonder wot he will make of that.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

PMSL You are on a roll today LOL!
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
PMSL You are on a roll today LOL!
I'm glad I haven't lost my sense of humour, considering my mood. It will probably keep me going but had many moments where people weren't sure what I was on about. Well, with my mix of nationalities, it shouldn't be a suprise that people get mixed up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.