Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

No respect for Cars (Abu Dhabi)

No respect for Cars (Abu Dhabi)

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No respect for Cars (Abu Dhabi)

Originally Posted by hickin
Hi Everyone!

Just joined today, but have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks. Basically came on here to rant about something that has really started to annoy me!

I have a car through my work on a lease basis and currently I'm in the centre of Abu Dhabi, so far I have had both my driver and passenger doors dinged by other peoples car doors and I have been a hit while parked. I also constantly get people sitting on my car (seen from my window or marked in the dust) and basically just not showing any respect for others property!! I know its not my car but still!! I now have to go to the police and file a report etc... which will no doubt be an absolute nightmare!

Anyone else notice/get this or am I just really unlucky?
nope thats what its like..... nowt you can do about it. just go with the flow. i took possession of new car and within hours kids have obviously used a key and scratched down both sides......
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Doesn't matter. I pay for it, it's my car, it was in perfect nick when I got it.

I will lose money repairing it to sell or when the next bloke comes to buy it and asks for money off for the dents.

Next time I see you I'll show you the picture of the back of it. Tailgate area about 8 inches square where someone has run a key around for no good reason.

Would you be happy if someone walked up to your house in the UK and smashed a divot in the front wall with a sledghammer?
nah nobody is bothered too much about dents and scratches way of life here.... not worth getting repaired to sell on.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
You're not unlucky.

I've seen this a number of of times. It seems certain people (who appear to be from the sub-continent in most cases) feel they have a right to sit and lean where they please...even on my car.

I really cannot understand what goes through the mind of someone who feels it is perfectly acceptable to sit on another person's car. In most parts of the world that will get you a fist in the face...perhaps that's the problem. If we were allowed to punch people who violate our personal possessions it probably stop quickly.

N.
Probably has a lot to do with sizeable segment of SubCon not able to afford a car or entertainement so they tend to walk/lounge around ?? I think they just don't realize/know how much it bothers the vehicle owners. People can be oblivious to cultural norms they are not used to.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 11:15 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Probably has a lot to do with sizeable segment of SubCon not able to afford a car or entertainement so they tend to walk/lounge around ?? I think they just don't realize/know how much it bothers the vehicle owners. People can be oblivious to cultural norms they are not used to.
The concept of personal property is not difficult, hundreds of cultures seem to have managed to grasp that one...evidently some of peoples in this region are simply retarded regardless of where they are from.

N.