British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   NEOM Job Offer Details (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/neom-job-offer-details-942670/)

Smart11 Feb 4th 2023 5:31 pm

Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by BMH77 (Post 13170599)
Currently, the complementary flights are from Neom Bay Airport to Riyadh, Dammam, or Jeddah. They’re first come first served and leave Thursday afternoon/evening, returning Saturday night.
There are flights from Neom Bay to Dubai and London but those are at your expense. Also, the London flights are only through March at this point.

hi BMH77,
when you say first come first served, we have to reach airport really early otherwise we cannot find the flight? Or we have to book the flight really early? There are chances that we may not even get the flight? I assume a lot of people would want to travel so it might be difficult to find the flights sometimes.

BMH77 Feb 5th 2023 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Smart11 (Post 13170640)
hi BMH77,
when you say first come first served, we have to reach airport really early otherwise we cannot find the flight? Or we have to book the flight really early? There are chances that we may not even get the flight? I assume a lot of people would want to travel so it might be difficult to find the flights sometimes.

I mean booking the flight. I usually book about two weeks in advance and have not have any problems, but there aren't many flights available, so they do fill up.
A lot of people stay around ,though. There are community groups and excursions most weekends, so there are plenty of things to do.

Berde Feb 9th 2023 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP (Post 13092895)
See responses in green above, I hope this helps! :)

thank you, any ideas on when exceptions are accepted? If someone is moving from a low income country would that be taken into consideration at NEOM. If you are moving from a low cost lower wage country you will be at risk of being way under paid for the same position as your peers.

ZeroCool_HTP Feb 9th 2023 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Berde (Post 13171703)
thank you, any ideas on when exceptions are accepted? If someone is moving from a low income country would that be taken into consideration at NEOM. If you are moving from a low cost lower wage country you will be at risk of being way under paid for the same position as your peers.

There are salary bands for each position, so your salary shouldnt be below the minimum for your salary grade. Thats how i understand it anyway, in reality it may not work like that.

Dxbstu387 Feb 10th 2023 12:03 pm

Hi All,
I understand the SAR75K is also paid on departure from NEOM if 3 years of employment have been completed, can anyone verify this?
Does anyone know the costs associated with departure i.e cancelling the visa etc

scrubbedexpat135 Feb 11th 2023 3:13 pm

I have been asked to submit the pay slip or employment contract to receive the offer , I have sent the contract copy, if anyone done that before, will they ask for the same request again when you are employed? I appreciate your response

Pkingston Feb 12th 2023 6:37 am

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP (Post 13171711)
There are salary bands for each position, so your salary shouldnt be below the minimum for your salary grade. Thats how i understand it anyway, in reality it may not work like that.

Your salary will determine your position.
Once they do the previous salary 'uplift' calculation, it will determine which band you go into, and what position they will ultimately offer you.

Hkavery Feb 14th 2023 2:42 pm

Hi All,

Anyone have recommendations on how to get noticed by a recruiter or hiring manager for a role at Neom/Oxagon? I've got 5 years GCC experience at an SWF but am now back in the US. My wife is pretty keen on moving back to region and is particularly interested in KSA as she is an architect and worked on several projects there.

sameer2255 Feb 15th 2023 4:48 am

NEOM Job Offer Details

Hi all,

Got a job offer from Enowa Neom. Anyone working in Enowa please let me know where's Enowa office located and how's duty hours & weekly off days.
Thanks.

GreenBlue Feb 15th 2023 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by sameer2255 (Post 13173044)
Hi all,

Got a job offer from Enowa Neom. Anyone working in Enowa please let me know where's Enowa office located and how's duty hours & weekly off days.
Thanks.

As far as I know, benefits offered and conditions of work at both Neom and Enowa are exactly the same.

aussieaggie Feb 16th 2023 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Pkingston (Post 13172281)
Your salary will determine your position.
Once they do the previous salary 'uplift' calculation, it will determine which band you go into, and what position they will ultimately offer you.

I've gotten to this point in process now and the opposite is true for me. They're offering a role, and my current pay--let alone the uplift--is too high for the role. I've been asked if I'd accept less than what I'm currently making...the feedback seems to be that it's hard to uplift/change the role to match my pay. The offered role is level 7, and my current pay is probably close to level 9.

I should note this info is from the recruiter and not NEOM itself, and the recruiter isn't keen to ask for the role change.

ymmv

Pkingston Feb 16th 2023 5:24 am

Originally Posted by aussieaggie (Post 13173337)
I've gotten to this point in process now and the opposite is true for me. They're offering a role, and my current pay--let alone the uplift--is too high for the role. I've been asked if I'd accept less than what I'm currently making...the feedback seems to be that it's hard to uplift/change the role to match my pay. The offered role is level 7, and my current pay is probably close to level 9.

I should note this info is from the recruiter and not NEOM itself, and the recruiter isn't keen to ask for the role change.

ymmv

What is the position you have applied for? If you've applied for, and been offered a Grade 7 role, then not sure what the issue is. If you've applied for a Grade 9 role, then i think your recruiter has some work to do!

There is a massive difference in pay between Grade 7 (Manager) and 9 (Director)... Upwards of 40k-50k SAR per month difference...

Smart11 Feb 21st 2023 2:33 pm

Hello,
does someone know if we have dental benefits at Neom. I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere in the offer or the benefits package they sent.

Diplo Feb 21st 2023 4:13 pm

Yes, apparently there are facilities for routine dental.

Smart11 Feb 21st 2023 4:15 pm

Hi Diplo,

do you know if they are covered as part of the medical coverage or do we have to pay?

Are these facilities in the hospital at Neom?

thanks for your reply