British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   NEOM Job Offer Details (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/neom-job-offer-details-942670/)

Wellaman Jan 27th 2023 9:22 pm

Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

How much salary for head position of engineering

BMH77 Jan 29th 2023 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Wellaman (Post 13168845)
How much salary for head position of engineering

Depends on what you're making now. They typically do an uplift on your current verified comp.

Webby1966 Jan 29th 2023 11:16 am

Originally Posted by aali1987 (Post 13131159)
Bare in mind also that depending on the job grade, there is am upper band limit. So for example if you are moving from another GCC role and are near that upper limit anyway, they will not be able to go over it (as I've been told). So your actual uplift may be just a few %.

Just to confirm from my own experience, I have accepted a role without an uplift from what I was earning previously in Qatar. I viewed the overall package including Holidays, work from home time and opportunities for future development as making it worthwhile to me personally.

Also, I will not incur costs for apartment, vehicle and food that I did in previous position. You have to weigh everything up and decide if it is right for you.

Wellaman Jan 29th 2023 1:40 pm

Thanks I know that from previous communication , I just want to know usually how much should gain salary of head engineering

ZeroCool_HTP Jan 29th 2023 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Wellaman (Post 13169208)
Thanks I know that from previous communication , I just want to know usually how much should gain salary of head engineering

You need to give the job grade, head of engineering? Is it head of engineering sector? Is it head of engineering within a team within a department? If so, the salaries will differ.

Wellaman Jan 30th 2023 7:40 am

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP (Post 13169214)
You need to give the job grade, head of engineering? Is it head of engineering sector? Is it head of engineering within a team within a department? If so, the salaries will differ.

head of engineering sector , manage team

Wellaman Jan 30th 2023 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by BMH77 (Post 13169167)
Depends on what you're making now. They typically do an uplift on your current verified comp.

so how much in market

christmasoompa Jan 30th 2023 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Wellaman (Post 13169381)
so how much in market

As said, depends on what you're earning now, so only you can answer that. Just add 20-25% to your current salary for a rough idea.

Wellaman Jan 31st 2023 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 13169392)
As said, depends on what you're earning now, so only you can answer that. Just add 20-25% to your current salary for a rough idea.

i did 2 interview , is that mean accepted or no and if yes how often they inform me

BMH77 Jan 31st 2023 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Wellaman (Post 13169584)
i did 2 interview , is that mean accepted or no and if yes how often they inform me

Hi Wellaman,
With two interviews you're well on your way, but it can still take some time. A lot of have you are working through is covered quite thoroughly in the string NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE.
I suggest you read that. It will help a great deal!

xandy Jan 31st 2023 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Wellaman (Post 13169584)

hey Wellaman, wish you a good luck. With me, I did 2 interviews, got selected but later (putting me on-hold for 3-months) due to headcount allocations they have cancelled a role. I wish you a best of luck!

Smart11 Jan 31st 2023 9:53 pm

Hello,
does someone know how to check the status of your application? I mean after the interview when we upload all documents.

Nevasaydie Feb 1st 2023 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Paracletus (Post 13114794)
I'm working on a different mega project. Salaries are very generous and no cap on previous earnings. It could be a great way in. Probably around the 55k sar and then look to move a couple of years down the line for the 30% uplift.

can I please ask which project is that? We are looking at relocating to KSA

Maryke Feb 1st 2023 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by xandy (Post 13169685)
hey Wellaman, wish you a good luck. With me, I did 2 interviews, got selected but later (putting me on-hold for 3-months) due to headcount allocations they have cancelled a role. I wish you a best of luck!

Sorry to hear it. I had 6 interviews for the same position within 4 months, and now no any reply from hr....

Faridafaris Feb 2nd 2023 8:18 am

What does it mean "retention bonus" ? is it different from the annual bonus 20%-30%