British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   NEOM Job Offer Details (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/neom-job-offer-details-942670/)

peterpipper12 Feb 6th 2022 12:49 am

NEOM Job Offer Details

It would be super helpful if someone can breakdown the full package/ offer they received from NEOM.

- Salary: is it only your current salary + 30% no matter what? ( There is no budget?)

- relocation allowance (75k SAR?)

- How many vacation days?

- what is the flight allowance?

- Is there a retention bonus?

- How many interviews before you were offered the position?

I've been following along for awhile and i appreciate everyone who contributes!

ZeroCool_HTP Feb 6th 2022 8:28 am

Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by peterpipper12 (Post 13092857)
It would be super helpful if someone can breakdown the full package/ offer they received from NEOM.

- Salary: is it only your current salary + 30% no matter what? ( There is no budget?) correct, apparently there are certain cases where exceptions are made but I believe these are fairly uncommon.

- relocation allowance (75k SAR?) Correct

- How many vacation days? 30 + 2 x Eids + Saudi National Day, so maybe around 38-41?

- what is the flight allowance? Its 1 flight for you and family once per year. Rates are determined by fare average. Apart from the initial flight out and the final exit flight, which are booked and paid for by NEOM, the rest are reimbursed by expenses. I think you also get an allowance for 1 return domesfic flight per month

- Is there a retention bonus? 2-3% annually

- How many interviews before you were offered the position? 2 - one formal, one informal

I've been following along for awhile and i appreciate everyone who contributes!

See responses in green above, I hope this helps! :)

peterpipper12 Feb 6th 2022 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP (Post 13092895)

Thank you very much! extremely helpful.

I imagine both the formal & informal interview are via zoom or teams?

ZeroCool_HTP Feb 6th 2022 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by peterpipper12 (Post 13092947)
Thank you very much! extremely helpful.

I imagine both the formal & informal interview are via zoom or teams?

Yeah both on teams

peterpipper12 Feb 6th 2022 3:42 pm

Is there really no budget for roles within NEOM? just 30% more than your current role?

I've never heard of anyone having to provide paystubs to a prospective employer.

I am extremely under paid in my current role but i work from home and get to spend time with my family. i don't think a 30% increase from my current salary is worth the move the middle of the desert : /

Pkingston Feb 7th 2022 12:53 am

Originally Posted by peterpipper12 (Post 13092952)
Is there really no budget for roles within NEOM? just 30% more than your current role?

I've never heard of anyone having to provide paystubs to a prospective employer.

I am extremely under paid in my current role but i work from home and get to spend time with my family. i don't think a 30% increase from my current salary is worth the move the middle of the desert : /

Yes, you need to provide (at the very least) 3 months of payslips. If this is not possible, then they will ask for your current employment contract which should state your current salary. They will then do the calculations based on this.
From my recent experience, there is little to no room for negotiation. Its a pretty closed process to be honest.

peterpipper12 Feb 8th 2022 11:27 pm

Can anyone highlight some interview questions they were asked?

My understanding is that there is one formal & one informal? Can anyone explain the difference?

Pkingston Feb 8th 2022 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by peterpipper12 (Post 13093499)

My understanding is that there is one formal & one informal? Can anyone explain the difference?

There was no specific formal and/or informal interview. Both were pretty relaxed and both combined technical/experience type questions and some personal light hearted chat.

I met with the Exec Director of my team first for about an hour, then the second interview 2 days later was with my direct senior manager for close to 45 mins.

Pkingston Feb 8th 2022 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by peterpipper12 (Post 13093499)

What is your occupation/industry that you are looking to get into a NEOM?

peterpipper12 Feb 9th 2022 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Pkingston (Post 13093501)

PM'd you!

flares Feb 9th 2022 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Pkingston (Post 13093501)

a pickled pepper picker

CT F May 9th 2022 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Pkingston (Post 13093013)
Yes, you need to provide (at the very least) 3 months of payslips. If this is not possible, then they will ask for your current employment contract which should state your current salary. They will then do the calculations based on this.
From my recent experience, there is little to no room for negotiation. Its a pretty closed process to be honest.

The 30% increase is an interesting one, I too have been considering the move. I left ft employment a few years ago, to see if I could get my own SME property /construction related off the ground in the UK, I paid very little salary to myself in that time, trying to get it moving. Anyway long story short would they look at payslip from 5 yrs ago? How can you overcome a situation like this?

Scott78 May 9th 2022 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by CT F (Post 13113421)
The 30% increase is an interesting one, I too have been considering the move. I left ft employment a few years ago, to see if I could get my own SME property /construction related off the ground in the UK, I paid very little salary to myself in that time, trying to get it moving. Anyway long story short would they look at payslip from 5 yrs ago? How can you overcome a situation like this?

Have you been contacted for a Design role?

SJM2022 May 10th 2022 7:06 pm

Hi to all, please can you advise, when you say 30% increase of salary is that of your total take home including allowances (existing total package plus 30%) or 30% just on your current basic salary plus existing allowances if your looking to join from the UAE?

frenzeee May 11th 2022 6:58 am

Originally Posted by SJM2022 (Post 13113755)
Hi to all, please can you advise, when you say 30% increase of salary is that of your total take home including allowances (existing total package plus 30%) or 30% just on your current basic salary plus existing allowances if your looking to join from the UAE?

1) having read through most posts here, it is based on *most* of your total package
2) uplift is 20%-25% (rare exceptions of 30% have been mentioned but not the norm, so look for 25%)

Evilbungle May 12th 2022 9:15 am

Originally Posted by CT F (Post 13113421)

From my personal experience there is no flexibility in the process at all. I am currently paid a lower amount as part of my company's Covid survival measures (I work in an industry that was heavily affected so at the time felt fortunate to keep my job when everyone else was losing theirs.) They have said that the offer can only based on my recent payslips and as a result the offer is essentially the same as I should be returning to in August (When my company announce their results) obviously the tax free element makes it a better deal but it definitely isn't game changing.

Paracletus May 14th 2022 1:04 pm

I'm working on a different mega project. Salaries are very generous and no cap on previous earnings. It could be a great way in. Probably around the 55k sar and then look to move a couple of years down the line for the 30% uplift.

SJM2022 May 18th 2022 7:40 am

Originally Posted by frenzeee (Post 13113843)
1) having read through most posts here, it is based on *most* of your total package
2) uplift is 20%-25% (rare exceptions of 30% have been mentioned but not the norm, so look for 25%)

Thank you and appreciated

tuxedokosovo Jun 5th 2022 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP (Post 13092895)

Regarding salary offer, May i ask whether the base salary offer include other allowances such as mobile allowance, transportation allowance .etc..

ZeroCool_HTP Jun 5th 2022 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by tuxedokosovo (Post 13120157)
Regarding salary offer, May i ask whether the base salary offer include other allowances such as mobile allowance, transportation allowance .etc..

Total salary package is made up of:

Basic salary
Housing allowance
Transportation allowance
Mobile allowance

tuxedokosovo Jun 5th 2022 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP (Post 13120160)
Total salary package is made up of:

Basic salary
Housing allowance
Transportation allowance
Mobile allowance

thanks for your prompt response. what do they mean by housing allowance as i have been told that free accommodation and food will be provided?

ZeroCool_HTP Jun 5th 2022 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by tuxedokosovo (Post 13120163)
thanks for your prompt response. what do they mean by housing allowance as i have been told that free accommodation and food will be provided?

Its just the way the salary is made up here in Saudi.

Housing and everything is free.

tuxedokosovo Jun 5th 2022 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP (Post 13120168)
Its just the way the salary is made up here in Saudi.

Housing and everything is free.

thank you and much appreciated your answer

Pkingston Jun 6th 2022 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by tuxedokosovo (Post 13120171)
thank you and much appreciated your answer

FYI
Your bonus is calculated only on your base salary.

tuxedokosovo Jun 6th 2022 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Pkingston (Post 13120260)
FYI
Your bonus is calculated only on your base salary.

Thanks for your answer. I have been told that bonus will be 30% of your base salary. Is that correct?

Makiavelli Jun 6th 2022 4:59 pm

Guys
1. when you talk 20%-30% on your previous salary/compensation, with this percentage they come from previous into NEOM's Basic or NEOM's total?
For example if previous company you made 100 USD, at NEOM Basic will be 120/130 USD or Total will be 120/130?
2. bonus % mentioned din the offer or just verbally or in the contract? how is your experience after a year or two? what in the end is real % you get after 1 year at duty?

Pkingston Jun 6th 2022 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by tuxedokosovo (Post 13120312)
Thanks for your answer. I have been told that bonus will be 30% of your base salary. Is that correct?

It COULD be.
No guarantee..

Pkingston Jun 6th 2022 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Makiavelli (Post 13120319)
Guys
1. when you talk 20%-30% on your previous salary/compensation, with this percentage they come from previous into NEOM's Basic or NEOM's total?
For example if previous company you made 100 USD, at NEOM Basic will be 120/130 USD or Total will be 120/130?
2. bonus % mentioned din the offer or just verbally or in the contract? how is your experience after a year or two? what in the end is real % you get after 1 year at duty?

1. Total
2. Verbal. Nothing is guaranteed and nothing in writing.

aali1987 Jul 26th 2022 4:00 pm

Bare in mind also that depending on the job grade, there is am upper band limit. So for example if you are moving from another GCC role and are near that upper limit anyway, they will not be able to go over it (as I've been told). So your actual uplift may be just a few %.

Laguna_1 Jul 29th 2022 9:13 pm

Even 15/20% is good given tax free and we al earning more out here than uk. 30% would be great of course but it all on your boss and how hard you work for them and whether they are the rewarding type. I imagine if u good they will wanna keep u and therefore incentivise with good bonuses. But don’t rely on it.

Wellaman Jan 27th 2023 9:22 pm

How much salary for head position of engineering

BMH77 Jan 29th 2023 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Wellaman (Post 13168845)
How much salary for head position of engineering

Depends on what you're making now. They typically do an uplift on your current verified comp.

Webby1966 Jan 29th 2023 11:16 am

Originally Posted by aali1987 (Post 13131159)
Bare in mind also that depending on the job grade, there is am upper band limit. So for example if you are moving from another GCC role and are near that upper limit anyway, they will not be able to go over it (as I've been told). So your actual uplift may be just a few %.

Just to confirm from my own experience, I have accepted a role without an uplift from what I was earning previously in Qatar. I viewed the overall package including Holidays, work from home time and opportunities for future development as making it worthwhile to me personally.

Also, I will not incur costs for apartment, vehicle and food that I did in previous position. You have to weigh everything up and decide if it is right for you.

Wellaman Jan 29th 2023 1:40 pm

Thanks I know that from previous communication , I just want to know usually how much should gain salary of head engineering

ZeroCool_HTP Jan 29th 2023 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Wellaman (Post 13169208)
Thanks I know that from previous communication , I just want to know usually how much should gain salary of head engineering

You need to give the job grade, head of engineering? Is it head of engineering sector? Is it head of engineering within a team within a department? If so, the salaries will differ.

Wellaman Jan 30th 2023 7:40 am

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP (Post 13169214)
You need to give the job grade, head of engineering? Is it head of engineering sector? Is it head of engineering within a team within a department? If so, the salaries will differ.

head of engineering sector , manage team

Wellaman Jan 30th 2023 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by BMH77 (Post 13169167)
Depends on what you're making now. They typically do an uplift on your current verified comp.

so how much in market

christmasoompa Jan 30th 2023 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Wellaman (Post 13169381)
so how much in market

As said, depends on what you're earning now, so only you can answer that. Just add 20-25% to your current salary for a rough idea.

Wellaman Jan 31st 2023 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 13169392)
As said, depends on what you're earning now, so only you can answer that. Just add 20-25% to your current salary for a rough idea.

i did 2 interview , is that mean accepted or no and if yes how often they inform me

BMH77 Jan 31st 2023 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Wellaman (Post 13169584)
i did 2 interview , is that mean accepted or no and if yes how often they inform me

Hi Wellaman,
With two interviews you're well on your way, but it can still take some time. A lot of have you are working through is covered quite thoroughly in the string NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE.
I suggest you read that. It will help a great deal!