British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   NEOM Job Offer Details (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/neom-job-offer-details-942670/)

Sam1980 Mar 16th 2023 6:51 am

Re: NEOM Job Offer Details

Originally Posted by Pkingston (Post 13180025)
May also show that you're paranoid...........................

Yup, I agree with this!

Sam1980 Mar 16th 2023 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya (Post 13180023)
just ask them at your second interview.. it’ll show you’re following the team and you’re keen!

Nah not a good idea probably. Let them do what they want but I will obviously show (high) interest.

Baghdadeya Mar 16th 2023 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Pkingston (Post 13180025)
May also show that you're paranoid...........................

be positive 🙂

aussieaggie Mar 16th 2023 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya (Post 13180023)
just ask them at your second interview.. it’ll show you’re following the team and you’re keen!

I wouldn't worry about it. As others mentioned, it's a start-up. Probably the largest start-up in the history of the world. They'll mess up...a lot. Case in point, I got approached by two different recruiters (one in UAE, one in Australia) for the same exact role. The attachments that they sent me were literally the same file.

At this point, as long as the checks clear I'd consider it a success. Hopefully over time things improve.

Pkingston Mar 16th 2023 10:17 am

Originally Posted by aussieaggie (Post 13180046)
I wouldn't worry about it. As others mentioned, it's a start-up. Probably the largest start-up in the history of the world. They'll mess up...a lot. Case in point, I got approached by two different recruiters (one in UAE, one in Australia) for the same exact role. The attachments that they sent me were literally the same file.

At this point, as long as the checks clear I'd consider it a success. Hopefully over time things improve.

There are hundreds of recruiters working for NEOM. So its not a surprise multiple ones are recruiting for the same role. That isnt a mess up, its actually quite normal!

Sam1980 Mar 16th 2023 10:20 am

I agree many recruiters would be recruiting for one role but NEOM themselves are readvertising for a role and also proceeding with second interviews for probably some candidates. So that doesn't seem normal honestly.

cancerz90 Mar 17th 2023 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Sam1980 (Post 13180015)
I think banskoboy means he landed in NEOM in November 2022, which is a process of five months only from July 2022. Not bad and expected probably.

True!!! My BAD :P. The "under offer" is starting to play on my brain and nerves I guess :D

Since a lot of time has passed, and still no written offer, I am not much hopeful now!

All the best to everyone!

Makiavelli Mar 17th 2023 8:24 pm

Ladies and gents, which recruiting companies are working for NEOM?
Has anybody got the job by applying formally through NEOM career page?

Diplo Mar 17th 2023 9:16 pm

For most, I believe it’s been approaches from recruiters through LinkedIn. I’ve not heard of anyone applying directly, but happy to be corrected.

Would suggest that making sure your LinkedIn profile is fully up to date and shows off the skills you think you have that NEOM need.

rcplus Mar 19th 2023 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Makiavelli (Post 13180403)
Ladies and gents, which recruiting companies are working for NEOM?
Has anybody got the job by applying formally through NEOM career page?

Yes! I went through the the process via NEOM career page.......

Baghdadeya Mar 26th 2023 9:43 am

Anyone going to KSA from Australia? Can you recommend an agent for the whole visa side of it please? And approx fees?

usaexpat Apr 3rd 2023 11:23 am

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP (Post 13120168)
Its just the way the salary is made up here in Saudi.

Housing and everything is free.

Just so I am clear, is the housing allowance paid to you monthly plus accommodations are free? So basically you keep that allowance as part of your pay?

Received an offer and just trying to decide on it.

Sam1980 Apr 3rd 2023 11:39 am

Originally Posted by usaexpat (Post 13183996)
Just so I am clear, is the housing allowance paid to you monthly plus accommodations are free? So basically you keep that allowance as part of your pay?

Yes I believe this is what everyone has been saying.

BMH77 Apr 3rd 2023 12:34 pm

That is correct.

GNK Apr 4th 2023 3:58 am

Yes, unless you opt to pay for family housing which is out of pocket.

Melbournite Apr 4th 2023 5:21 pm

Pkingston I have been going though loads of messages both in Neom job offer & Neom community updates. There is heaps of helpful information.Thanks for sharing the details.

I have send you a DM, hope that’s ok with you.

Electx Apr 15th 2023 6:00 am

Originally Posted by GNK (Post 13184132)
Yes, unless you opt to pay for family housing which is out of pocket.

I have received an offer too but waiting to get clarifications on few things. I understood from the details sent (by Neom) to date that the family accomodation is also free. Is my understanding wrong?

Diplo Apr 15th 2023 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Electx (Post 13186434)
I have received an offer too but waiting to get clarifications on few things. I understood from the details sent (by Neom) to date that the family accomodation is also free. Is my understanding wrong?

Studios and 1 bed cabins are free. 2 bed homes are SAR 4000 per month.

Ja86 Apr 15th 2023 6:47 am

Hi, I got offer letter from NEOM, do you know if the 20%-30% bonus is aplicable to the basic salary or to the total salary?. Is it realistic to get this bonus percent over the year?
I didn't see any details in the offer letter for the allowances to work from work, is it still aplicable to work 24 days a year or it has been reduce? Do I should inlude it in the offer letter terms?
​​​​​​
Many thanks

Diplo Apr 15th 2023 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Ja86 (Post 13186440)
Hi, I got offer letter from NEOM, do you know if the 20%-30% bonus is aplicable to the basic salary or to the total salary?. Is it realistic to get this bonus percent over the year?
I didn't see any details in the offer letter for the allowances to work from work, is it still aplicable to work 24 days a year or it has been reduce? Do I should inlude it in the offer letter terms?
​​​​​​
Many thanks

Bonus is applicable to basic apparently. No idea how achievable it is though - would have to ask someone who’s been there over a year.

As for the 24 days, you’ll see on another thread that this has been changed to 2 days a month, use or lose.

Ja86 Apr 15th 2023 7:25 am

Thanks Diplo

Electx Apr 17th 2023 1:40 pm

Can someone from UK advise if their Employer's national insurance contributions were also considered in the calculation of the offer made by Neom?

Diplo Apr 17th 2023 2:25 pm

No. They’re not.

Electx Apr 17th 2023 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Diplo (Post 13186439)
Studios and 1 bed cabins are free. 2 bed homes are SAR 4000 per month.

Originally Posted by Diplo (Post 13186976)
No. They’re not.

Ok. I have asked a question anyway, let's see what comes back. Did you ask them to consider that?

BMH77 Apr 17th 2023 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Diplo (Post 13186444)
Bonus is applicable to basic apparently. No idea how achievable it is though - would have to ask someone who’s been there over a year.

As for the 24 days, you’ll see on another thread that this has been changed to 2 days a month, use or lose.

Theres a rather comprehensive exercise where you write the goals for the year for your review. They are typically tied to company goals. If you accomplish a goal on time, that’s a 3. In this exercise, you also outline what stretches a 4 and 5 look like and what a 1 and 2 look like.
So you have a say in achievability to a point. You also know quite well how you’re doing in your journey to a bonus. There is also an exercise in the middle of the year where you can update your goals based on how things are progressing…. If the department goals have shifted and you won’t be making your goals, then new goals can be assigned. If you’re just not doing well, you can have a talk about that with your manager as well.

Now about bonus percentages… These are not assigned or signed off by the board until all of the results from the year are in. If your company did well and you met or exceeded your goals, 30% and above is in play. If your business didn’t make its goals, or you were in the 1-2 range, expect something much lower (if at all).

Hope that helps.

Fezk Apr 23rd 2023 9:19 am

NEOM Job Offer

Hi all,

I have accepted a job offer from NEOM ENOWA and am currently going through the visa process. My degree attestation is in process including police checks.

Regarding the acceptance of offer, it has recently been announced in my existing company in the UK that all employees are getting a 10% pay rise. This has been confirmed in writing and the new enhanced payments will start from July 2023.

Previously, I did let HR in NEOM know that this was coming and it was only reasonable to revise my offer based on my new salary, to which they declined. Now that I have a written confirmation from the company and because the pay rise is in the same year as I am joining NEOM, I plan to push back on it and get a revised offer. Has anyone anyone had the experience of changing job offer in this way?

It does make quite a substantial difference to my pay per month. I have been offered a grade 5 job.

Regards,

BMH77 Apr 23rd 2023 10:00 am

Re: NEOM Job Offer

Originally Posted by Fezk (Post 13188227)
Hi all,

I have accepted a job offer from NEOM ENOWA and am currently going through the visa process. My degree attestation is in process including police checks.

Regarding the acceptance of offer, it has recently been announced in my existing company in the UK that all employees are getting a 10% pay rise. This has been confirmed in writing and the new enhanced payments will start from July 2023.

Previously, I did let HR in NEOM know that this was coming and it was only reasonable to revise my offer based on my new salary, to which they declined. Now that I have a written confirmation from the company and because the pay rise is in the same year as I am joining NEOM, I plan to push back on it and get a revised offer. Has anyone anyone had the experience of changing job offer in this way?

It does make quite a substantial difference to my pay per month. I have been offered a grade 5 job.

Regards,

It really depends. There are some stories of people who have had their offers revised and others that have been told no. It never hurts to ask, but the pay rise is not guaranteed.
Good luck!

Larry10 Apr 24th 2023 10:07 pm

Hi Fezk

I’ve recently applied to some roles on the Neom website can I ask if you applied directly or was contacted by a recruiter?

Fezk Apr 29th 2023 8:46 pm

Larry10 I was referred to the recruiter by a contact at NEOM.

banskoboy May 1st 2023 8:58 am

recruiter

Smart11 May 3rd 2023 4:28 pm

I have one question. Does anyone know how much Neom pays to each family member for return ticket to travel to your point of origin every year , for example US? Can you give an estimated number?

BMH77 May 3rd 2023 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Smart11 (Post 13190354)
I have one question. Does anyone know how much Neom pays to each family member for return ticket to travel to your point of origin every year , for example US? Can you give an estimated number?

They take the median of the peak and off-peak fare between Neom and the closest major "home" airport The number changes each year based on the market. Sorry I can't help more than that.

Smart11 May 5th 2023 1:04 am

Hello,

can anyone share that in neom employment contract they don't put details like free housing, free food and other benefits like return ticket to point of origin. In my contract these benefits are not listed.

thanks

Newopps May 5th 2023 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Smart11 (Post 13190606)
Hello,

can anyone share that in neom employment contract they don't put details like free housing, free food and other benefits like return ticket to point of origin. In my contract these benefits are not listed.

thanks

That is correct. They are referenced in the People Policy instead. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but I REALLY wouldn't worry about it, if they mess with those benefits then there will be a mass exodus of employees! Plus, they can't decide to charge for food when many do not have cooking facilities in their rooms/cabins while others do.

North5300 May 10th 2023 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Fezk (Post 13188227)
Hi all,

Regards,

Congratulations on your new position with Enowa Fezk. I am also entertaining a potential position with the high voltage division of Enowa. I will reach out to you in a private message if your are will to chat more as I’m really keen to learn more from a professional in the same field/company,
sincerely North5300 ( Ian )

Xert1492 May 13th 2023 3:45 pm

Hi,

Anyone here who will be working with NEOM based in their Riyadh office? I'd like to get in touch please.

Iamexpat May 19th 2023 11:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just went through my rounds of interviews and shared my pay slips with HR to determine my salary + 25%. I was told my pre-tax salary is higher than the range allotted for the role, which is a Job Grade 5 I assume (Project Lead).

HR recommended I try my net salary + 25%, which will come to roughly 42,000 SAR. I was told this was also higher.

I've read that a Job Grade 8 starts at 70,000 and Job Grade 7 at 60,000, so I assumed Job Grade 5 starts at 40,000.

Can anyone please help me figure out if what I'm being told is true regarding the Job Grade 5 salary range being below 42,000 SAR?

banskoboy May 20th 2023 3:32 am

Hi Iamexpat, A grade 7 job does not start at 60,000. I am Grade 7 and I earn 50,000. So, for Grade 5, 42000 seems a on the high side.

Please note that NEOM is very rewarding with regards to titles. You might find out that your title is not in line with your expectations or your experience....

PS1. Coming from a ''manager'.
PS2. But, NEOM is the client so by definition, if you come from a PMC job you might find it much easier.

aussieaggie May 20th 2023 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Iamexpat (Post 13193583)
Hi Everyone,

I just went through my rounds of interviews and shared my pay slips with HR to determine my salary + 25%. I was told my pre-tax salary is higher than the range allotted for the role, which is a Job Grade 5 I assume (Project Lead).

HR recommended I try my net salary + 25%, which will come to roughly 42,000 SAR. I was told this was also higher.

I've read that a Job Grade 8 starts at 70,000 and Job Grade 7 at 60,000, so I assumed Job Grade 5 starts at 40,000.

Can anyone please help me figure out if what I'm being told is true regarding the Job Grade 5 salary range being below 42,000 SAR?

I'm curious to see how this works out for you as my situation is similar.

Sam1980 May 20th 2023 11:52 am

Originally Posted by aussieaggie (Post 13193618)
I'm curious to see how this works out for you as my situation is similar.

Same here, not exactly in the same situation but waiting to hear from NEOM's HR. Applied for a manager's role but based on info from this forum my current salary plus 25% uplift will be 34K SAR. So very curious to know thats it for a salary (and hence actual role downgraded) or any chance to really get offered a manager's starting salary.