NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Mar 25th 2024, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by Gos_hi
Hi

I have a few questions to those been working in Neom for sometime.

1. How is work environment in Neom? Do you get work life balance? I am hearing that first they give you single accommodation in NC2. Most offices are in NC1. It take 1 hour bus ride from NC2 to NC1 and back. Also i heard that the company is making you work more than 8 hours, usually people working 12 hours a day. Is this true?

2. I am hearing that it takes 12-18 months to get family accommodation in NC1. For those been in Neom for a year now, have you received family accommodation in NC1?

3. Is it really worth it to accept a package which only give 20-25% uplift? My understanding is they look at your gross salary and uplift it to 20-25% that will be your total package including all allowances.

Thanks
I think most of this has been covered in recent posts, so this might be repeating.

1. Yes, there is plenty of work life balance, with evenings and weekends free to do hobbies, activities, travel or nothing if you prefer. I think bus ride is around 40 mins from NC1-NC2. The majority of offices are in NC1, but there many offices at NC2 and across Neom, so it really depends on your role where you will be working or needing to travel.

It is a standard 40 hr week, with people working as much as they need to get the job done. As with any corporate role, there is an element or 'swings and roundabouts'. For example, no questions asked if you leave the office early afternoon for a flight/taxi to a neighbouring country for weekend R&R. As far as my experience goes no one watches the clock. But like many businesses there probably are some micromangers around.

2. There hasn't been many family units built in the past year, so this is reflected in no availability for people to move, not matter how long someone has been here. I understand there are currently hundreds of families living in one bed units. There are more two bed units to be released soon, which will be filled by those eligible and based on priority (larger families, older children). That may create some space for families to move to one bedroom in NC1 but still doesn't solve the school capacity issues until a larger one is built. Not aware of the status on that or what the long term plan is.
Comparing to the consultants and contractors, none of them have families or spouses here as far as I know.

3. Correct, that is how the uplift works. Only each individual can decide if the uplift is sufficient for their situation and circumstances.
Old Mar 27th 2024, 4:49 am
Just Joined

huspus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeepSix
it's about 73% for me. So ballpark right.
as has been said , the breakdown is in the offer letter
So you will get 36k in your account or 50k? How does it work?
Old Mar 27th 2024, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by huspus
So you will get 36k in your account or 50k? How does it work?
not sure how far back you went to get the quote, so could you clarify what is the context of your question?
Old Mar 27th 2024, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
not sure how far back you went to get the quote, so could you clarify what is the context of your question?
If you're asking what this means - -my salary portion of my total package is 73% of the total amount
eg say i was earning 100k a month ( for easy of maths) - - the salary portion would be 73k, then the rest of housing, transport and mobile would make up the rest to 100k.

But on sweet payday (25th of the month) the full amount with all the allowances arrives

why the differentiation - - Saudi labour law
how does it effect us - Annual bonus is based on the salary part - - not the extra allowances, the annual cost of living uplift - - is also to the salary part - - not the allowances

Last edited by DeepSix; Mar 27th 2024 at 7:12 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2024, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Alex90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Khmar
My HR person originally told me to expect an offer in a week (early March). Its been 3 weeks now and I followed up and was told there are budgeting discussions going on and it is expected to resolve in the next 2 weeks.
Hi, please do you get any update regarding that issue (the hiring issue .. ) ?
Old Mar 28th 2024, 10:39 am
Just Joined

ajuj12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex90
Hi, please do you get any update regarding that issue (the hiring issue .. ) ?
I am waiting for an update on this also I was told it will be the end of this month.

Recently saw an interesting post on Linked, I have posted the picture below. Does anyone have any insights on this? any issues at NEOM?

Old Mar 28th 2024, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DeepSix
If you're asking what this means - -my salary portion of my total package is 73% of the total amount
eg say i was earning 100k a month ( for easy of maths) - - the salary portion would be 73k, then the rest of housing, transport and mobile would make up the rest to 100k.

But on sweet payday (25th of the month) the full amount with all the allowances arrives

why the differentiation - - Saudi labour law
how does it effect us - Annual bonus is based on the salary part - - not the extra allowances, the annual cost of living uplift - - is also to the salary part - - not the allowances
oh yeah that makes sense, mine is the same ratio. I was asking the context for user Huspus question about the 36k/50k. Not sure what the question was referring to.
Old Apr 1st 2024, 10:17 am
Just Joined

nen9889 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Just to jump on the back of a couple of earlier threads regarding current recruitment. Has anyone heard anything in the last week? I'd been advised by HR that we would hear something by last week (after several interviews in January/February) but still nothing? I'm not sure how many times you can even follow up at this stage and I understand from the above posts that something might be happening but the silence is tough!?
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 2:28 am
Just Joined

OilTrader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nen9889
Hi everyone,
Just to jump on the back of a couple of earlier threads regarding current recruitment. Has anyone heard anything in the last week? I'd been advised by HR that we would hear something by last week (after several interviews in January/February) but still nothing? I'm not sure how many times you can even follow up at this stage and I understand from the above posts that something might be happening but the silence is tough!?
nothing for me. Myself and a few others were told Q4 2023. We are now in Q2 2024 lol.
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 4:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OilTrader
nothing for me. Myself and a few others were told Q4 2023. We are now in Q2 2024 lol.
Thank you for the update …. I guess the wait just keeps on continuing for us all 🤪. Really hoping that they reach out soon (either way!).
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 7:23 am
Just Joined

ajuj12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the update …. I guess the wait just keeps on continuing for us all 🤪. Really hoping that they reach out soon (either way!).
Same for me still waiting..this is the issue with NEOM waiting forever.
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 9:30 am
Just Joined

flyinghigh00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I've heard that the budget still has not been approved yet, and it keeps getting pushed back. Apparently, the final deadline is end of April.
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 11:01 am
Just Joined

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard that NEOM, like the other megaprojects, has had a big chunk of cash removed from its budget, so expect a reduction in hiring and longer delays on job applications.

Right now its Ramadan, then Eid, so unlikely you'll hear anything back before end of the month.
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Very insightful - Thank you for this.

I really find communication is key whether it is good or bad as you can manage expectations but silence after promised dates is tough to manage. Hopefully, we all hear something before the end of the month.
Old Apr 2nd 2024, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Very insightful - Thank you for this.

I really find communication is key whether it is good or bad as you can manage expectations but silence after promised dates is tough to manage. Hopefully, we all hear something before the end of the month.
One of the things you'll find in KSA is that things move at their own pace. The time things take to move here can be incredibly frustrating but you will adjust. Appreciate how much of a pain that is during the hiring process though! You want to know one way or the other not be kept hanging. HR sadly does not share this sense of urgency!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.