Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Aug 27th 2023, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

fmuhammed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Friends, Any information of apartments in Duba. Can I work in NEOm and live in Duba?
the distance is commutable?
I appreciate a response.
Old Aug 27th 2023, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

onlooker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I have been offered a procurement position via a consultant company and i will be working at NEOM project although my contract and visa will be under the manpower company, is that normal in the KSA and let alone the NEOM project? The salary being offered is decent, the package includes relocation of my family, accommodation, meals and all.

I am currently working with one of the biggest employer in dubai and my wife is totally settled here so we are planning that I move to the project alone and maintain my Dubai Resident Permit along with obtaining KSA resident permit. Does it really all gel up together and work this way?

I have sent a bunch of questions before signing the contract as when I sign the contract, I will be submitting the resignation to my current employer which would start my 1 month notice period. I have asked pictures of accommodation area, understating distance from accommodation to the office. Its a mid management position and i have been told that Meals, Laundry will be included along with SAR 34,000 travel allowance.

One of my major concern is that i am being offered FTC (Fixed term contract) which is 1 year and have been told all contracts in the KSA are FTC 1 year. Does that make sense?
Old Aug 28th 2023, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fmuhammed
Friends, Any information of apartments in Duba. Can I work in NEOm and live in Duba?
the distance is commutable?
I appreciate a response.
This may depend who the employer is and what project you're working on. Consultants/contractors working on Oxagon mostly live in Duba and commute to the offices. If you're working for Neom, then only some of the Oxagon employees are currently living in Duba, and it's intended to be temporary until Neom communities are expanded. I'm not aware of any employees staying in Duba apartments and commuting to NC1/2 at the moment. It would be a lengthy commute. Use Google maps to check the distance/times.
Old Aug 28th 2023, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onlooker
Hello,

I have been offered a procurement position via a consultant company and i will be working at NEOM project although my contract and visa will be under the manpower company, is that normal in the KSA and let alone the NEOM project? The salary being offered is decent, the package includes relocation of my family, accommodation, meals and all.

I am currently working with one of the biggest employer in dubai and my wife is totally settled here so we are planning that I move to the project alone and maintain my Dubai Resident Permit along with obtaining KSA resident permit. Does it really all gel up together and work this way?

I have sent a bunch of questions before signing the contract as when I sign the contract, I will be submitting the resignation to my current employer which would start my 1 month notice period. I have asked pictures of accommodation area, understating distance from accommodation to the office. Its a mid management position and i have been told that Meals, Laundry will be included along with SAR 34,000 travel allowance.

One of my major concern is that i am being offered FTC (Fixed term contract) which is 1 year and have been told all contracts in the KSA are FTC 1 year. Does that make sense?
Many people maintain their residency in another country, and it's very common for UAE residents. It seems like a practical solution since there are many flights available between Tabuk/Neom Bay and Dubai.

I'm not familiar with the FTC durations for consultants. Neom provide 3 year FTC. In your case it might be good being 1 year and you can negotiate extension.
Old Aug 28th 2023, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Quick question - Police Certificate - how long does it "normally" take to come back - and am i the only one that didn't get anything back from the email I sent it with the application - - Money sent - email sent - into the "Tinternet" and nothing
Its almost 3 weeks now and i don't know if I'm waiting for a letter to just turn up - or the email went no where and I'm 3 weeks further behind on getting over there for an October start
Old Aug 28th 2023, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

quepasosaso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by naiomi
I have living and working in Qatar for the last 7 years and am moving to NEOM - regarding the police clearance for my visa - do I get that from the UK as well as Qatar or just Qatar?
Hi Naiomi,
I've just had to do this and was asked for the PCC from Qatar. You'll need to apply on the Metrash app. under "general services" then "police clearance certificate" Once you have an "Approved" status on Metrash, you will need to visit CEID Police Clearance Certificate office which is off the Salwa Road.
Good Luck
Old Aug 30th 2023, 5:23 am
Just Joined

mountains1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on the job offer. Have you been looking for other job opportunities for long? I am looking for procurement jobs but I am currently living and working in Canada and am wondering if it would be easier if I live in the Middle East and look for work while I am there. Are you excited about the job?
Old Aug 30th 2023, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeepSix
Quick question - Police Certificate - how long does it "normally" take to come back - and am i the only one that didn't get anything back from the email I sent it with the application - - Money sent - email sent - into the "Tinternet" and nothing
Its almost 3 weeks now and i don't know if I'm waiting for a letter to just turn up - or the email went no where and I'm 3 weeks further behind on getting over there for an October start
I'm in the same boat. I've reached out to ACRO who then replied 2.5 weeks later asking me not to ask for an update, a confirmation code / case number or to reach out again. Quite perplexed by this whole process as well as I am nearly 4 weeks in and have no clue when I could accept it. Obviously this holds up the visa process for the stamp, medical tests, etc... This is seriously delaying my start date as well.
Old Aug 30th 2023, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Mikesgeorge1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

i am due to arrive in Neom from the UK at the end of October. Can anyone let me know what the Uk tax implications are? I’ve been in full time employment in the UK since the start of the tax year, so approx 7 months by the time I join neom. Do I still pay UK tax when I come over as I have been in uk paying tax since start of financial year?

thanks.
Old Aug 30th 2023, 6:47 am
Just Joined

bobdbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by naiomi
I was contacted by Credence as well, they were conducting the background screening for qualifications, credit/criminal and qualifications.
how long it took for you? can someone please share timelines etc?
Old Aug 30th 2023, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobdbuilder
how long it took for you? can someone please share timelines etc?
took about 1.5 weeks for me. my one reference was away on holiday which delayed it a bit.
Old Aug 30th 2023, 6:55 am
Just Joined

neeta12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
1st interview, 3 days later 2nd interview, verbal offer the next day.
Hi, I have a similar situation, 1st Interview a week later 2nd interview and a verbal offer the very same day of 2nd interview. How long did the employment offer and visa process take for you, please? Are you in NEOM yet?
Old Aug 30th 2023, 6:56 am
Just Joined

Mikesgeorge1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeepSix
ACRO state 31 days to complete process. You are suppose to receive a confirmation email in first 10 days which I never got so I phoned them and spoke to a helpful person at ACRO. I then got my confirmation email.

I have just received an email stating that my certificate has been dispatched which was day 29. So they have been true to their word.
Old Aug 30th 2023, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mikesgeorge1
Hi all

i am due to arrive in Neom from the UK at the end of October. Can anyone let me know what the Uk tax implications are? I’ve been in full time employment in the UK since the start of the tax year, so approx 7 months by the time I join neom. Do I still pay UK tax when I come over as I have been in uk paying tax since start of financial year?

thanks.
You can qualify for a split tax year, which would mean you pay tax up to the point you leave. You would need to be non-resident for the rest of the tax year and the whole of the following tax year as well, so will need to satisfy the various HMRC tests. In our case, we came out at the start of September 2020 for full time work, don't have a home in the UK, don't stay in the UK for more than 90 days in a year and were non-resident the whole tax year following so split year applies.

More complicated if you are doing stuff like leaving family back home and keeping a house, but take a look at the HMRC site, which is pretty easy to follow, and get advice if you aren't sure.

Last edited by Trailing_Hubby; Aug 30th 2023 at 6:59 am. Reason: Added OP
Old Aug 30th 2023, 7:45 am
Just Joined

bobdbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expatalex
took about 1.5 weeks for me. my one reference was away on holiday which delayed it a bit.
Their portal doesn't provide any information, did they respond to you via email for confirmation or is it via recruiter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.