Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

My last day in the UK

My last day in the UK

Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:48 am
  #1  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default My last day in the UK

well, its almost 2am in the uk, just got in. so now it is thursday...my last full day in the uk.
Went out tonight with all my friends from the last 17 years in Bournemouth, was rather emotional, as they made such a great effort....excuse me for rambling on...am pissed as a lord, but the laptop was still signed on and i'd rather post a message than text or call anyone and piss them off.
did all the bars and clubs in town as well as FYEO and Spearmint Rhino ~(You guys should know what those places are!!)
Spent so much money that im gonna cry tomorrow when common sense overrides my hangover and nausea.
I fear i will have to sleep in my hire car for the first month now !!!!!
However sad i may feel now, i know im doing the right thing and i know i will have just as many good times and fond memories of dubai as i do of Bournemouth/New Forest now.
Most of the people i spoke to tonight could not understand my "wanderlust".
but once you spend a prolonged peroid putside the uk, you understand how great it is to be given the opportunity to travel and experience other countries and cultures, and how travel really broadens your outlook.

sorry for any typo's......the keyboard keeps moving around
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:21 am
  #2  
Premium Member
 
Truth Speak's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi soon
Posts: 4,123
Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
well, its almost 2am in the uk, just got in. so now it is thursday...my last full day in the uk.
Went out tonight with all my friends from the last 17 years in Bournemouth, was rather emotional, as they made such a great effort....excuse me for rambling on...am pissed as a lord, but the laptop was still signed on and i'd rather post a message than text or call anyone and piss them off.
did all the bars and clubs in town as well as FYEO and Spearmint Rhino ~(You guys should know what those places are!!)
Spent so much money that im gonna cry tomorrow when common sense overrides my hangover and nausea.
I fear i will have to sleep in my hire car for the first month now !!!!!
However sad i may feel now, i know im doing the right thing and i know i will have just as many good times and fond memories of dubai as i do of Bournemouth/New Forest now.
Most of the people i spoke to tonight could not understand my "wanderlust".
but once you spend a prolonged peroid putside the uk, you understand how great it is to be given the opportunity to travel and experience other countries and cultures, and how travel really broadens your outlook.

sorry for any typo's......the keyboard keeps moving around
Your not wrong there JD - here's to good travels!!

You'll feel a bit upset on yr way to the airport but as soon as yr on the plane you'll switch over to traveller mode and won't look back - I remember the first time I left home at 16 - 6 months around South America - spent most of the taxi ride trying not to cry as I was already issing the family and friends - got over it within 10 minutes of srriving at the airport - the adventure begins.

take it easy

TS
Truth Speak is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:24 am
  #3  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Your not wrong there JD - here's to good travels!!

You'll feel a bit upset on yr way to the airport but as soon as yr on the plane you'll switch over to traveller mode and won't look back - I remember the first time I left home at 16 - 6 months around South America - spent most of the taxi ride trying not to cry as I was already issing the family and friends - got over it within 10 minutes of srriving at the airport - the adventure begins.

take it easy

TS
South America?? its amazing how the old bolivian marching powder can change your outlook!!!...only joking.

Your up late/early TS............... u ok ????????????
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:51 am
  #4  
Premium Member
 
Truth Speak's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi soon
Posts: 4,123
Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
South America?? its amazing how the old bolivian marching powder can change your outlook!!!...only joking.

Your up late/early TS............... u ok ????????????
Small kids jumping on my head at 5am - am I ok - it depends on the perspective!!!

No probs - so when's the first pint here??
Truth Speak is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:56 am
  #5  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Small kids jumping on my head at 5am - am I ok - it depends on the perspective!!!

No probs - so when's the first pint here??

Shit!! i'm going to bed as you are getting up!!!!!!

first pint will be about an hour after i land.!!

will head straight for scarletts then Longs!

Had a bit of a nightmare ..and need to relax. I have a week in DXB b4 heading to Saudi for a week....getting grief on botha professional and personal level.
Saturday will be sunbathing/Wild Wadi and shopping !!!
Sunday will be trying to make a good impression to the director!!
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:00 am
  #6  
Premium Member
 
Truth Speak's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi soon
Posts: 4,123
Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Shit!! i'm going to bed as you are getting up!!!!!!

first pint will be about an hour after i land.!!

will head straight for scarletts then Longs!

Had a bit of a nightmare ..and need to relax. I have a week in DXB b4 heading to Saudi for a week....getting grief on botha professional and personal level.
Saturday will be sunbathing/Wild Wadi and shopping !!!
Sunday will be trying to make a good impression to the director!!
Strange choice for your first drink in dubai -Scarletts must have the worst atmosphere in the UAE - dry fibbers across the road - much nicer -

MAybe no sunbathing - the Wxs a bit iffy - looks like rain again!!
Truth Speak is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:03 am
  #7  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Strange choice for your first drink in dubai -Scarletts must have the worst atmosphere in the UAE - dry fibbers across the road - much nicer -

MAybe no sunbathing - the Wxs a bit iffy - looks like rain again!!
across the road?? i thought Crowne Plaza/Liquidz was across the road from there ?
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:05 am
  #8  
Premium Member
 
Truth Speak's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi soon
Posts: 4,123
Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
across the road?? i thought Crowne Plaza/Liquidz was across the road from there ?
Fibbers is behiond junbo electronics (next to fairmont) - the only free standing pub - not hotel connected in Dubai - Irish (ish) closed for 3 yrs for having a transvestite party during eid.

Also Kristy and JCs fav haunt!!
Truth Speak is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:09 am
  #9  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Fibbers is behiond junbo electronics (next to fairmont) - the only free standing pub - not hotel connected in Dubai - Irish (ish) closed for 3 yrs for having a transvestite party during eid.

Also Kristy and JCs fav haunt!!
I think i know where that is..is it just along from Crowne P. more or less facing SZR.....?? trader vics is near there too right ??
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:12 am
  #10  
Premium Member
 
Truth Speak's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi soon
Posts: 4,123
Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I think i know where that is..is it just along from Crowne P. more or less facing SZR.....?? trader vics is near there too right ??
Tvics is in the Crown P - fibbers is at the back of the buildings on SZR - once u r at junbo - theres a side alley - follow this and u come out at fibbers.
Truth Speak is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:15 am
  #11  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Tvics is in the Crown P - fibbers is at the back of the buildings on SZR - once u r at junbo - theres a side alley - follow this and u come out at fibbers.
ok, will try scarletts, then fibbers......then maybe one at longs.!
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:49 am
  #12  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

3:48 GMT (07.48 DXB) and i know that regardless of how much water/milk/fruit juice i drink now, im still going to hurt tomorrow. got tons to do.....like pack!!.
Thursday (today...bugger!!) will be taken up with putting the rest of my stuff in storage, double checking that i have everything sorted, and putting all my jumpers and artic grade coats into retirement.
Tonight im gonna get an early nite as i have to be up at 6am to get to the current Al Queda target known as Heathrow airport.

good night all !!!
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:10 am
  #13  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

This is the last time i drink bastard red bull.

I've even tried listening to party political broadcasts....nothing is sending me to sleep...............its starting to get light
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:57 am
  #14  
Up in the air
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
This is the last time i drink bastard red bull.

I've even tried listening to party political broadcasts....nothing is sending me to sleep...............its starting to get light
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.