British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   My last day in the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/my-last-day-uk-268547/)

Jammy_Dodgers Nov 25th 2004 12:48 am

My last day in the UK

well, its almost 2am in the uk, just got in. so now it is thursday...my last full day in the uk.
Went out tonight with all my friends from the last 17 years in Bournemouth, was rather emotional, as they made such a great effort....excuse me for rambling on...am pissed as a lord, but the laptop was still signed on and i'd rather post a message than text or call anyone and piss them off.
did all the bars and clubs in town as well as FYEO and Spearmint Rhino ~(You guys should know what those places are!!)
Spent so much money that im gonna cry tomorrow when common sense overrides my hangover and nausea.
I fear i will have to sleep in my hire car for the first month now !!!!!
However sad i may feel now, i know im doing the right thing and i know i will have just as many good times and fond memories of dubai as i do of Bournemouth/New Forest now.
Most of the people i spoke to tonight could not understand my "wanderlust".
but once you spend a prolonged peroid putside the uk, you understand how great it is to be given the opportunity to travel and experience other countries and cultures, and how travel really broadens your outlook.

sorry for any typo's......the keyboard keeps moving around

Truth Speak Nov 25th 2004 1:21 am

Re: My last day in the UK

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
well, its almost 2am in the uk, just got in. so now it is thursday...my last full day in the uk.
Went out tonight with all my friends from the last 17 years in Bournemouth, was rather emotional, as they made such a great effort....excuse me for rambling on...am pissed as a lord, but the laptop was still signed on and i'd rather post a message than text or call anyone and piss them off.
did all the bars and clubs in town as well as FYEO and Spearmint Rhino ~(You guys should know what those places are!!)
Spent so much money that im gonna cry tomorrow when common sense overrides my hangover and nausea.
I fear i will have to sleep in my hire car for the first month now !!!!!
However sad i may feel now, i know im doing the right thing and i know i will have just as many good times and fond memories of dubai as i do of Bournemouth/New Forest now.
Most of the people i spoke to tonight could not understand my "wanderlust".
but once you spend a prolonged peroid putside the uk, you understand how great it is to be given the opportunity to travel and experience other countries and cultures, and how travel really broadens your outlook.

sorry for any typo's......the keyboard keeps moving around

Your not wrong there JD - :beer: here's to good travels!!

You'll feel a bit upset on yr way to the airport but as soon as yr on the plane you'll switch over to traveller mode and won't look back - I remember the first time I left home at 16 - 6 months around South America - spent most of the taxi ride trying not to cry as I was already issing the family and friends - got over it within 10 minutes of srriving at the airport - the adventure begins.

take it easy

TS

Jammy_Dodgers Nov 25th 2004 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Your not wrong there JD - :beer: here's to good travels!!

You'll feel a bit upset on yr way to the airport but as soon as yr on the plane you'll switch over to traveller mode and won't look back - I remember the first time I left home at 16 - 6 months around South America - spent most of the taxi ride trying not to cry as I was already issing the family and friends - got over it within 10 minutes of srriving at the airport - the adventure begins.

take it easy

TS

South America?? its amazing how the old bolivian marching powder can change your outlook!!!...only joking.

Your up late/early TS............... u ok ????????????

Truth Speak Nov 25th 2004 1:51 am

South America?? its amazing how the old bolivian marching powder can change your outlook!!!...only joking.

Your up late/early TS............... u ok ????????????

Small kids jumping on my head at 5am - am I ok - it depends on the perspective!!!

No probs - so when's the first pint here??

Jammy_Dodgers Nov 25th 2004 1:56 am

Small kids jumping on my head at 5am - am I ok - it depends on the perspective!!!

No probs - so when's the first pint here??

Shit!! i'm going to bed as you are getting up!!!!!!

first pint will be about an hour after i land.!!

will head straight for scarletts then Longs!

Had a bit of a nightmare ..and need to relax. I have a week in DXB b4 heading to Saudi for a week....getting grief on botha professional and personal level.
Saturday will be sunbathing/Wild Wadi and shopping !!!
Sunday will be trying to make a good impression to the director!!

Truth Speak Nov 25th 2004 2:00 am

Shit!! i'm going to bed as you are getting up!!!!!!

first pint will be about an hour after i land.!!

will head straight for scarletts then Longs!

Had a bit of a nightmare ..and need to relax. I have a week in DXB b4 heading to Saudi for a week....getting grief on botha professional and personal level.
Saturday will be sunbathing/Wild Wadi and shopping !!!
Sunday will be trying to make a good impression to the director!!

Strange choice for your first drink in dubai -Scarletts must have the worst atmosphere in the UAE - dry fibbers across the road - much nicer -

MAybe no sunbathing - the Wxs a bit iffy - looks like rain again!!

Jammy_Dodgers Nov 25th 2004 2:03 am

Strange choice for your first drink in dubai -Scarletts must have the worst atmosphere in the UAE - dry fibbers across the road - much nicer -

MAybe no sunbathing - the Wxs a bit iffy - looks like rain again!!

across the road?? i thought Crowne Plaza/Liquidz was across the road from there ?

Truth Speak Nov 25th 2004 2:05 am

across the road?? i thought Crowne Plaza/Liquidz was across the road from there ?

Fibbers is behiond junbo electronics (next to fairmont) - the only free standing pub - not hotel connected in Dubai - Irish (ish) closed for 3 yrs for having a transvestite party during eid.

Also Kristy and JCs fav haunt!!

Jammy_Dodgers Nov 25th 2004 2:09 am

Fibbers is behiond junbo electronics (next to fairmont) - the only free standing pub - not hotel connected in Dubai - Irish (ish) closed for 3 yrs for having a transvestite party during eid.

Also Kristy and JCs fav haunt!!

I think i know where that is..is it just along from Crowne P. more or less facing SZR.....?? trader vics is near there too right ??

Truth Speak Nov 25th 2004 2:12 am

I think i know where that is..is it just along from Crowne P. more or less facing SZR.....?? trader vics is near there too right ??

Tvics is in the Crown P - fibbers is at the back of the buildings on SZR - once u r at junbo - theres a side alley - follow this and u come out at fibbers.

Jammy_Dodgers Nov 25th 2004 2:15 am

Tvics is in the Crown P - fibbers is at the back of the buildings on SZR - once u r at junbo - theres a side alley - follow this and u come out at fibbers.

ok, will try scarletts, then fibbers......then maybe one at longs.!

Jammy_Dodgers Nov 25th 2004 2:49 am

3:48 GMT (07.48 DXB) and i know that regardless of how much water/milk/fruit juice i drink now, im still going to hurt tomorrow. got tons to do.....like pack!!.
Thursday (today...bugger!!) will be taken up with putting the rest of my stuff in storage, double checking that i have everything sorted, and putting all my jumpers and artic grade coats into retirement.
Tonight im gonna get an early nite as i have to be up at 6am to get to the current Al Queda target known as Heathrow airport.

good night all !!!

Jammy_Dodgers Nov 25th 2004 3:10 am

This is the last time i drink bastard red bull.

I've even tried listening to party political broadcasts....nothing is sending me to sleep...............its starting to get light :(

Jammy_Dodgers Nov 25th 2004 3:57 am

This is the last time i drink bastard red bull.

I've even tried listening to party political broadcasts....nothing is sending me to sleep...............its starting to get light :(

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: