Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Wikiposts

Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing in Dubai - timmy maccoll, sailor

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
in the first few days my twitter account was a good way of getting the word out there and increasing awareness, all the newspapers got involved via what they had seen on twitter, I know that for a fact as I put alot of journo's in touch with the family. Through twitter I met a Nurse who worked at Rashid, she personally checked ALL the wards every single day and couldn't find him. Information like that is spot on and you know its correct. Now however with awarness dying down and interest waning I can't use my account any other way other than reminding people that we are still one man down. What is needed is a huge push from the family with the media here, not 7Days but The National and some cover in the Arabic papers, rattle some cages into action.
Re the hospital thing, a friend of mine who is the Chief Nursing Officer at 1 of the hospitals got in touch with all of her peers in all of the hospitals in the UAE to check..this was done within the 1st couple of days of him going missing. I also contacted 1 of my local clients whose husband is quite high in the CID and he checked jails etc. I contacted people who could check what was actually going on. A lot of people on this bored used whatever contacts they have to try and help as soon as they could.
My frustration still lies in the fact that despite us continuously telling the family to get out here/rattle cages/ shout and scream they decided to sit back and let the "authorities" do their thing.
So NOW we get castigated by random people living thousands of miles away because we aren't signing @*%# petitions or tying yellow ribbons round things.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:57 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Re the hospital thing, a friend of mine who is the Chief Nursing Officer at 1 of the hospitals got in touch with all of her peers in all of the hospitals in the UAE to check..this was done within the 1st couple of days of him going missing. I also contacted 1 of my local clients whose husband is quite high in the CID and he checked jails etc. I contacted people who could check what was actually going on. A lot of people on this bored used whatever contacts they have to try and help as soon as they could.
My frustration still lies in the fact that despite us continuously telling the family to get out here/rattle cages/ shout and scream they decided to sit back and let the "authorities" do their thing.
So NOW we get castigated by random people living thousands of miles away because we aren't signing @*%# petitions or tying yellow ribbons round things.
Exactly. What we did made a difference. What they're doing does **** all except make them look like they care.

They seem to forget that some of us cashed in personal favours to get stuff published.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Exactly. What we did made a difference. What they're doing does **** all except make them look like they care.

They seem to forget that some of us cashed in personal favours to get stuff published.
I am sure it is appreciated, but I totally get your frustrations, the offer of bed and board is still available to anyone who needs it.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:30 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by norsk
oh you mean in the same way that loads of people on this forum offered to help in the beginning, yourself included if i remember correctly. So essentially a medium was deemed to be of more value than expats on the ground who know how the system works and how it doesn't work...
Out of order Norse. Me and BC did something, put ourselves out and our cash to try to do something.

You did! Let me think, Ah yes, **** ALL.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:32 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

I am sure it is appreciated, but I totally get your frustrations, the offer of bed and board is still available to anyone who needs it.
Bed and bored???????
Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:28 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

I should add. I could have done with one of those personal favours the other day. But do you know what. If he turns up alive, I'll be glad I used it trying to search for him.

It just pisses me off that so many of us did cash in personal favours, yet the family appeared to sit back and do nothing.

That – to all of those who are confused about why we're so angry (not Blue Cat) – is why we're pissed off.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:53 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Out of order Norse. Me and BC did something, put ourselves out and our cash to try to do something.

You did! Let me think, Ah yes, **** ALL.
How the hell is that out of order? I recommend you start reading properly before you go off on one with misguided responses accusing people of saying things they definitely didn't...

I pointed out that the family now had accepted help from a medium (what a bloody joke that is) just because it was offered (apparently) rather than accepting the generous offers provided from members of this bored early on. I never claimed I had lifted a finger nor have i offered anyone to come stay in my house. BC did both though and I singled her out. If that upset you then...well..unlucky I guess..

Last edited by norsk; Aug 13th 2012 at 5:55 am.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

fluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
When I was first told about the medium privately, I scoffed then I must admit that in the same situation I'd do the same. Smacks of desperation poor family. But I also agree with your last comment 100percent.
Agree with your first comment because that was me...
Agree with your last comment too 100percent..
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:13 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Says it all. Very sad.
Been following this thread how sad is that pic!
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

fluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Been following this thread how sad is that pic!
Let's just say was a very sad and surreal morning......but life goes on especially when you have children!
The afternoon brightened up watching the children fishing, crabbing, playing, laughing and squabbling!
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Will be taking you up on your kind offer as soon as I have the air fare saved, thank you BC
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britexpat76
That's progress worth reporting on here. An open interview with his wife who makes some very good points and finally starts using words that should get the dubai police listening.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Daily Mail today: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onths-ago.html
Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yeah....... that article - I must admit I have never come to terms with the simple concept of his mates who were with him in Rock Bottom giving the Dubai police a completely wrong description of what he was wearing............
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:00 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by The Dean
Yeah....... that article - I must admit I have never come to terms with the simple concept of his mates who were with him in Rock Bottom giving the Dubai police a completely wrong description of what he was wearing............
Interesting that his grandfather makes reference to a murder enquiry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.