Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Looking for info on compounds in Kohbar

Looking for info on compounds in Kohbar

Old Dec 27th 2012, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

lylegribbon is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Looking for info on compounds in Kohbar

Hi everyone, just new to this forum and I was hoping someone could help me with compounds in Kohbar. I am working at Aramco JSTC in Mubarraz and I have been here since early December. I wasn't given much choice on where to live when I was dropped of and have been staying in an apartment which is not what I was expecting. Some of the guys I work with travel back and forth to Kohbar and stay in compounds there and I would feel better staying in one as well. I have been given the names of 3 and was wondering if anyone has stayed in or knows of someone who has. I have the Euro village and the Gulf compound as well as the Golden Belt, any info on these would be very much welcomed.
Old Dec 27th 2012, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for info on compounds in Kohbar

I know Eurovillage and used to go from KFUPM to eat at the restaurant there. It is ok and is in a good location. (KHOBAR is the conventional transliteration from Arabic.)
Old Dec 27th 2012, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

lylegribbon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks scot47. I'll look into it, much appreciated.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

siddiqui is an unknown quantity at this point

You can check Al Ferdouse Village Compound also
Old Dec 30th 2012, 3:20 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I know Eurovillage and used to go from KFUPM to eat at the restaurant there. It is ok and is in a good location. (KHOBAR is the conventional transliteration from Arabic.)
Unless they have demolished and rebuilt Eurovillage in the last two years it is not okay for anyone else than those with exceptionally low standards. Built in the 70's and hardly renovated since then, tiny houses with bad lighting...You can do better for the same or lower cost! Try Zamil Village, Oasis Gardens or Al Rushaid 1 & 2...
Old Dec 30th 2012, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

i have low standards. I liked the machine guns at the main entrance.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 5:24 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
i have low standards. I liked the machine guns at the main entrance.

If armed guards are the requirement then any of the ones mentioned will do nicely. Any compound with more than 30% westerners will get the army rocking up outside IIRC. This is just one of the results of the 2004 Oasis Residence terrorist attacks in Khobar.

They used to have a massive cannon pointed at the cars wanting to enter the Meridien on the corniche as well. Used to make me more than a little nervous really..