Living in Al Ain

Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Out of Africa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
Anthony, so sorry i missed your PM until tonight at 4 am. we're just going to bed, had a wonderful time.. PS.. we live in Falaj Hazaa and we need to get with you hopefully tomorrow so you can see our villa and compare. We have 7 bed/8 bath if you include maid quarters and we struck a major deal. Our neighbors have the same villa and pay the same. We did have the owners son come tonight to hear a few of our complaints mainly to do with the gardner and watchman and maint. guys who said they were taking care of things only to find out they didnt but were paid ( i guess it comes along with the territory) but we were determined enough to stay on top of things and its getting done. I PM'd and emailed you our numbers so you can call us and as i said in the email, we're all going to abu dhabi for the formula one race/ concerts tuesday and will be at the hilton thursday for the pool party.. talk to you later this afternoon hopefully !!!!!!
HI there and welcome to AA. You seem to be settling in very nicely and it sounds like you have found some good friends. There are a bunch of us girls that meet most Tuesday mornings at Al Jimi Mall at about 10 am and I'd really like to get together some time. If you are interested, please pm me your details and I'll get back to you.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:27 am
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

Sassypilotswife, I have actually not received any PMs or e mails from you. I don't know where the disconnect is but it is awfully frustrating. I just tried to check my work e mail and the server is down so that likely explains part of it.

Last edited by Aikman7981; Nov 30th 2008 at 10:29 am. Reason: information
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:34 am
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
I would be very interested to hear anything about the new flats, I have heard of 32 new flats for rent so if they are the same ones please could you give me some feedback
The flats I was referencing are advertised in the Gulf News but when I called about them I was told none were available. The agent said they were a long way from being finished. Best bet might be to call Asteco. This is odd, contributing information on this forum. Perhaps I could get used to it.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Holking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really nice

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get clarinet lessons in Al Ain? My son has played for a year, but we can't find any one to teach him here.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

ddavies73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just found out that we will be moving here next week! We arrive on the 12th, but don't start work til the 21st. I will be working as a school advisor, but my wife will be home. Is there clubs or groups for her, or should she look for work?

Just a couple of questions. Is there a good place to hire a car from that is cheap? Good places to eat out at? Any places that people recommend that we see or do in the area?

Thanks David
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:16 am
Just Joined

katrinalucas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there ladies,

Can someone point me in the right direction for manicures / pedicures, waxing etc. Any recommendations most appreciated xx
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katrinalucas
Hello there ladies,

Can someone point me in the right direction for manicures / pedicures, waxing etc. Any recommendations most appreciated xx
There is a place that most of the ladies here use, I believe in Khalifa Street in the Emirates Commercial Building but I haven't personally tried it yet. There has been an expat lady living in AA who was doing my mani and pedis, but she has now moved to RAK. So it looks like I will have to head out to the one in Khalifa Street.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ddavies73
Just found out that we will be moving here next week! We arrive on the 12th, but don't start work til the 21st. I will be working as a school advisor, but my wife will be home. Is there clubs or groups for her, or should she look for work?

Just a couple of questions. Is there a good place to hire a car from that is cheap? Good places to eat out at? Any places that people recommend that we see or do in the area?

Thanks David
Good luck with your move. There are a good group of ladies who meet for coffee most Tuesday mornings at Al Jimi Mall so that is a place to start meeting other folk. There are some good places to eat here, we do have quite an assortment of restaurants.

Europcar is a good place to hire a vehicle, in fact my husband's company have hired a number of vehicles from them.

Hope that is of some help for now. When you guys get here, send me a PM and I'll give you my contact details and we can take it from there.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

muminamini is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

I posted a wee while back and just wanted to say Hello. Things are moving along here, my husband flies to Abu Dhabi on 3rd Jan and starts his job in Al Ain on 5th Jan. He has been given accomodation for as long as it take him to find us a place to live, he is also flying out with another guy whose family will be coming to Al Ain and I have been in touch with his wife, so already I feel like we won't be alone when we come out.

His company have been really helpful and provided us with some excellent info, one thing was a E-newsletter being distributed with all the monthly events of things going on in Al-Ain, classifieds, wanted ads etc - it looks really good and for the lady asking about Clarinet lessons, I'm sure there is a music teacher on it.

To receive it e-mail Rachel or Michelle on [email protected]

Hope it is useful. Our house is in process of being sold and kids and I hope to be out sometime in Feb! The more I hear the more I wish I was there RIGHT NOW!
x
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:42 pm
Is not impressed...

Hello muminamini and ddavies! There seems to be quite a few of us moving to Al Ain in January. How old are your children mum? I'm here now and the town and all the people I've met are very nice and I'm sure you will like it here.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

To all those moving or living in Al Ain..........there is a developement of apartments/flats/villas behind my house. Brand new, with a sign To Let.. there are many of them.
They are by ASTECO Properties, and sorry I dont have the number handy. Check Asteco website, and i will get the number if anyone is interested
Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

muminamini is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Aikman - I am 32 and my children are a boy (4) who I am hoping and praying we get in to AAESS and my daughter is 20 months (so looking for toddler and mum and tots groups!).

Wow - that is such useful info BuddyMom and the number would be really useful if you could get it - will go and see what I can find.

I will also be directing my new "cyberfriend" to this thread as her husband will be travelling over with mine in Jan to start work and find accom.....how scary is that letting your husbands decide where you live!!!!!
x
Old Dec 12th 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

The number for the Asteco apartments/villas is 971 03 766 6097.
I have not seen any of these buildings up close. So I have no idea what they look like. They are brand new, but thats all I know. Good Luck
Old Dec 12th 2008, 4:13 pm
Is not impressed...

Muminamini, I also have a 4 year old son and a 19 month old daughter! This is exactly why I asked the question. We are hoping for AAESS for my son as well. I am here in Al Ain right now in the same situation as your husband will be in and would be happy to help in any way I can. I found a nice villa here after some serious looking around. I can provide the number of a good agent with access to new places if you like. The worst problem was that all agents have access to a different set of properties. You really must be careful to deal with several to make sure you don't get discouraged.
As for that Asteco property, is that the one in Markhaniya? I spoke with an Asteco agent and I think he said they wouldn't ready for quite some time but he may have been BSing me. I think they are advertised in the GNads4U. Looks nice.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, they are in Markiniaya (sp) area. They do look unfinished, as the windows are open, but as I said, cant give any more advice here on the ground.
Out of my own interest, I will take doggie for a walkabout the area , and see what I can see.
Will report back later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.