Living in Al Ain

Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:20 am
Just Joined

katrinalucas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

I spoke with someone from the company for Oasis villas a while back and there was one coming up for rent in November (Villa 45), I assume it is taken by now but he did not mention a waiting list, I was able to see the villa, it was 180K however it did not suit our timeframe. I have not kept the number but if you drive into the compound and speak to reception they can give you the number of the company that manages the properties, I spoke with someone in Abu Dhabi. On another note I know a while back someone mentioned good local places to eat, do you think you could pass on a few recommendations.... Cheers Merry Xmas and Happy New Year xxxx
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Erinlee is an unknown quantity at this point

We are thinking of moving from Dubai to Al Ain due to the rising costs in Dubai. Are there any others that travel from Al Ain to Dubai each day? Do you think it is possible to live in Al Ain and work in Dubai?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Erinlee
We are thinking of moving from Dubai to Al Ain due to the rising costs in Dubai. Are there any others that travel from Al Ain to Dubai each day? Do you think it is possible to live in Al Ain and work in Dubai?
no, we have looked into this ourselves it is just too far.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

We will have to look for a job in Al Ain. I am tired of the crazy cost of living especially accommodation and school fees here in Dubai and need to move somewhere that is more affordable.

Is there any construction happening in Al Ain?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:31 am
Just Joined

katrinalucas is an unknown quantity at this point

It all depends where you work in Dubai and where you live in Al Ain. If you work in the Silicon Oasis area of Dubai and live in Al Foah / Al Masoudi in Al Ain the trip is about 45 minutes. Other areas would be longer.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply.

DH works in Mirdif. How could we find out about living in the areas you mentioned?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.

DH works in Mirdif. How could we find out about living in the areas you mentioned?
maybe you should hold fire..
with rentals starting to stick and a huge amount of property due to be finished (there are hundreds of villas/apartments to be launched for rental in Mirdiff alone May 2009) rents 'may' come down.
180k isn't a million miles away from what you may be able to get a decent detached villa in Warqaa for..
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

dont try abu dhabi then, as if you think dubai is expensive what is abu dhabi
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

and for those actually living and working in Al Ain it is pushing the cost of rents up for them
Old Dec 28th 2008, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Bully Wee Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

As I said before, I am just about to move into a five-bed, five-bath, 2-kitchen(?!) in the Al Masoudi area of Al Ain. I have agreed 170k for this. The company I work for gives us 150k for a housing budget but myself and others who arrived the same time as me have found it extremely difficult to find anything at this price. And you're right - prices are creeping up here. My agent informed me yesterday that there are 2 companies in particular who are buying (renting?) up the available property in the area for their employees and he is now charging upwards of 200k for property that would have fetched 130k - 140k six months ago. Great place to live though !!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Our accommodation allowance is AED 80 000 per year. Always thought we would be able to get a place to rent in Al Ain for this amount but it seems I am wrong.

With a budget like this it is very difficult to live anywhere I think for that matter. Our child goes to Jebel Ali School and is so happy there its such a pity we cannot afford to rent near the school.

Our accommodation at present is AED 150 000. We have to get out as the owner wants to move in.

What to do?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Our accommodation allowance is AED 80 000 per year. Always thought we would be able to get a place to rent in Al Ain for this amount but it seems I am wrong.

With a budget like this it is very difficult to live anywhere I think for that matter. Our child goes to Jebel Ali School and is so happy there its such a pity we cannot afford to rent near the school.

Our accommodation at present is AED 150 000. We have to get out as the owner wants to move in.

What to do?

apartment in TECOM? they are 130k
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

What to do?
Just over a year ago you could have got a beautiful 3 bedroom villa in Al Ain with pool and all facilities for AED80,000...............Not any more
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:24 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

i know a few guys who live in dubai and commute to Al Ain...go figure..
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
i know a few guys who live in dubai and commute to Al Ain...go figure..
I went to Al Ain for the first time on boxing day and really liked the place (as much as you can in one day). I wouldn't mind spending a bit more time there. I was quite scared driving up the mountain road to Jebl Hafeeet at night to see the view, but a very impressive road. Al Ain seems to have a really nice vibe to it. Anyone know what primary schooling is like there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.