Living in Al Ain

Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:33 am
Just Joined

fullersnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Hi there just a quick question regarding children's sport in Al Ain. We have two boys 4 and 8. The older has come from a pretty full sporting diet here in NZ and the younger one is looking to follow his bigger brother. What opportunities are there for kids to get involved in sport? Currently he is into rugby and basketball but I feel any sporting involvement is beneficial. If anyone had information it would be greatly received.

Cheers
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

hi again..

the most active sport center is the rugby club here in al ain , also they have other sports as well .., i am sure your child will likes it.

also you can ask the AAESS (alain english speaking school) they do have sports too.

i will provide you the rugby club phone number soon as i get it.

regarding the nanny , to me now , its not a good time to ask as most of the expats has gone for a holiday ..

but i will do my best to have info.

Amer
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

hi again ,

there is a group in al ain called (al ain expats) , expats people made it , so that they can ask or share or if they want any help ..other expats will help them.

all you need is just to subscribe to : [email protected] and then post your message asking about a nanny or anything you like and other expats will get back to you if they can help you.

hope this will be helpful.

Amer abu kuhail
Old Jul 13th 2008, 3:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

well we are off to Al Ain on Wednesday for our annual jollies!! I love it up there, so peaceful
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much Amer. We really appreciate your quick responses and also your willingness to help us out.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

a pleasure

Originally Posted by fullersnz
Thanks so much Amer. We really appreciate your quick responses and also your willingness to help us out.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Janine in Al Ain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Very interesting reading - my children did not really appreciate me spending the time to go through every page, but they survived. Thanks for all the info. We have been in Al Ain for almost 2 months now and have learned a lot in that time. As far as skype goes, you are much better off downloading it from home, they have banned the site here although there are ways around it if you know how (as others have mentioned). My MSN Messenger has worked fine also without having to do anything different.
The maid situation, I have learned is very much word of mouth, as they are cracking down on illegally employing maids, just be careful, the fine is 50,000 if you get caught. You can go through agents to get live in maids, you have to pay to sponsor them and then provide lodgings and a small wage.
We ended up joining the Hilton, I have two girls 5 and 7 and I found it had a better program for girls, (gymnastics and dancing) and better timed gym classes for me - ie pilates, aerobics and yoga. The intercon seemed to cater more for boys with Karate and soccor, however as everything closes down or stops for the summer, the programs may all be changed by the time september comes around. They both offered Tennis lessons and swimming.
There is a very large and active expat community in Al Ain, which is great. During the holidays we are meeting each Monday at Action Zone, in Al Ain Mall at 10.00am if anyone was looking to meet some new people. Kids ages are from newborn up to I guess about 10.
One question I have is - has anyone worked out the best and cheapest way to send money back to Australia?? Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:07 am
Just Joined

I forgot to mention there is also a monthly newsletter that is sent by email called Niala, it is growing quickly with any kind of info in it and anyone is able to add to it also. If anyone is interested I can give you the email address to subscribe.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

thanks for you kindly reply

regarding the money transfer , call al ansari money exchange or al fardan ,

you pay only 45 0r 50 DHS for sending money to Australia

Amer

Originally Posted by Janine in Al Ain
Hi All

Very interesting reading - my children did not really appreciate me spending the time to go through every page, but they survived. Thanks for all the info. We have been in Al Ain for almost 2 months now and have learned a lot in that time. As far as skype goes, you are much better off downloading it from home, they have banned the site here although there are ways around it if you know how (as others have mentioned). My MSN Messenger has worked fine also without having to do anything different.
The maid situation, I have learned is very much word of mouth, as they are cracking down on illegally employing maids, just be careful, the fine is 50,000 if you get caught. You can go through agents to get live in maids, you have to pay to sponsor them and then provide lodgings and a small wage.
We ended up joining the Hilton, I have two girls 5 and 7 and I found it had a better program for girls, (gymnastics and dancing) and better timed gym classes for me - ie pilates, aerobics and yoga. The intercon seemed to cater more for boys with Karate and soccor, however as everything closes down or stops for the summer, the programs may all be changed by the time september comes around. They both offered Tennis lessons and swimming.
There is a very large and active expat community in Al Ain, which is great. During the holidays we are meeting each Monday at Action Zone, in Al Ain Mall at 10.00am if anyone was looking to meet some new people. Kids ages are from newborn up to I guess about 10.
One question I have is - has anyone worked out the best and cheapest way to send money back to Australia?? Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2008, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

NickJudith is an unknown quantity at this point

I forgot to mention there is also a monthly newsletter that is sent by email called Niala, it is growing quickly with any kind of info in it and anyone is able to add to it also. If anyone is interested I can give you the email address to subscribe.
Thanks for the interesting bit about the Hilton, how much was it to join? Could you also send me the address for the newsletter it would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Nick
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Khan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am pretty sure you will love it ! I just wish we could get out of Dubai
hmm im also new to Al Ain, to be honest its boring however; its peaceful and life is much relaxed....
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Khan is an unknown quantity at this point

hey Janine, can i have the address so i can subscribe pls.

cheers
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Sure, the email address is <snip, pm instead>, just send them an email requesting your address to be on the mailing list.

Last edited by Bob; Jul 16th 2008 at 12:48 am.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:04 am
Just Joined

cnusau is an unknown quantity at this point
Question where to find 2nd hand stuff

Hi, ladies and gents. I will arrive in AA in mid August to work for UAEU. My place will be totally unfurnished. So I will need to buy everyting.
UAEU will organize some shopping trips, but I feel maybe I can also buy some 2nd-hand stuff to save money. Is this a good idea, you think? Where can I find online classifieds?
Thank you for your time!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Well we have just found out co-ordinates of proposed accomodation which is in 50th Street. At this stage it is being built but perhaps if anyone is driving past they can give us an idea of what we are to expect.

Also a question regarding purchasing computer equipment etc. We are expecting to receive lap top computers with our employment and understand that these will be PC, we are typically MacIntosh users and would look to purchase over there. Are these relatively cheap to purchase? Or perhaps we should consider bringing one from NZ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.