Living in Al Ain

Old May 27th 2008, 6:55 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

there is also a nice little liquid shop sort of behind the Hilton Hotel but on it's grounds
Old May 27th 2008, 11:19 am
zas
Just Joined

zas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everybody.
Am a newbie here....
I have been following your discussions, and they are quite good.
I and my husband are both architects working in England. We have both got offers with an architectural practice in Al-Ain.
Shall be starting work beginning of July.
The company shall be providing accomodation for us.
Any advice for us in terms of which areas are good for living?
Thanks.
Old May 27th 2008, 11:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

no idea but congratulations! and welcome to BE, Al Ain is a fab place
Old May 27th 2008, 11:25 am
zas
Just Joined

Thanks Geordie.
How long have you been in AA...........
Old May 27th 2008, 11:38 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by zas
Thanks Geordie.
How long have you been in AA...........
I am not in Al Ain, sadly we are stuck here in Dubai due to husband's job, but we would love to move up to Al Ain. We have friends up there and are regular visitors. We are going up for a long weekend in July.

You will love it, Larni and Amazing Grace who both post on here are lovely ladies, I am sure they will point you in the right direction.
Old May 27th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

i lived in al ain for almost 3 years. and i loved the place.
it is the type of place you love or you hate it.
for me i loved the place we were in a small compound not far from the cid police station and only about 10 minutes (if that) to the clock tower.
but shame i left there about 7 years ago. when i was sent to kuwait with the job and now in saudi for my sins ha ha !!!
Old May 27th 2008, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

It will depend to a degree on what your budget is, if you have kids, schools etc, etc. there is not usually much chance of getting a place before you arrive - but we have several good agents details for you when you arrive. Al Ain is not a huge place - but it is great fun if you are prepared to make an effort!! Shammy
Old May 27th 2008, 4:47 pm
zas
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shammy
It will depend to a degree on what your budget is, if you have kids, schools etc, etc. there is not usually much chance of getting a place before you arrive - but we have several good agents details for you when you arrive. Al Ain is not a huge place - but it is great fun if you are prepared to make an effort!! Shammy
Thanks every1 for the advice......
Old May 28th 2008, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

I may not the best person for a rave review of Al Ain at the moment - I am hanging out for my holidays! We have been here 9 months and we are a bit 'over it'. However I think I just need an attitude readjustment! (The holiday should put me back on track)
Old May 28th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

I think Al Ain is a lovely quiet little place but if you are looking for the nightlife of Dubai then it isnt the place. Having said that I have met some very nice people here and at the end of the day it is really what you make of Al Ain and what you want out of it. I have found that it is very much a family orientated place and I find it a bit harder to find friends of my own age who are not ready for their pipe and slippers

I am living at Al Ain Hilton which is very nice but after a while you crave for casseroles and egg and chips if you see what I mean. Going on holiday in two weeks so will come back refreshed and raring to go again
Old May 28th 2008, 9:17 am
zas
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
I think Al Ain is a lovely quiet little place but if you are looking for the nightlife of Dubai then it isnt the place. Having said that I have met some very nice people here and at the end of the day it is really what you make of Al Ain and what you want out of it. I have found that it is very much a family orientated place and I find it a bit harder to find friends of my own age who are not ready for their pipe and slippers

I am living at Al Ain Hilton which is very nice but after a while you crave for casseroles and egg and chips if you see what I mean. Going on holiday in two weeks so will come back refreshed and raring to go again
Thanks everyone again for your advice.....
We are more of a family oriented type. We do not really like busy cities....so i guess Al Ain will be ok....Any idea how to go about getting an internet connection there? Will we be able to exchange our UK driving licence for UAE one.......and whats the best way to bring our extra luggage.....Guess too many questions......Advice will be appreciated.
Thanks everyone.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:24 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zas
We are more of a family oriented type. We do not really like busy cities....so i guess Al Ain will be ok....Any idea how to go about getting an internet connection there? talk to etisalat the local phone co. no problems at allWill we be able to exchange our UK driving licence for UAE one.......yes and whats the best way to bring our extra luggageunaccompanied baggage, google it way way cheaper then excess baggage.....Guess too many questions......Advice will be appreciated.
Thanks everyone.
see red txt
Old May 28th 2008, 9:32 am
Just Joined

ariel77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me which is the best club to join - intercontinental or hilton? I have a 2 year old daughter so it is as much for her but I do like the gym.

Thanks
Old May 28th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zas
We are more of a family oriented type. We do not really like busy cities....so i guess Al Ain will be ok....Any idea how to go about getting an internet connection there? Will we be able to exchange our UK driving licence for UAE one.......and whats the best way to bring our extra luggage.....Guess too many questions......Advice will be appreciated.
Thanks everyone.
Ref Drivers licence - just make sure that your licence and passport (with visa in it) are from the same country - all gets a little crazy if they are not!!!!
Old May 28th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ariel77
Can anyone tell me which is the best club to join - intercontinental or hilton? I have a 2 year old daughter so it is as much for her but I do like the gym.

Thanks
We felt the Intercontinental was the best for families - have a good range of activities for kids, great littlies pool, good gym, etc, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.