Living in Al Ain

Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:07 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Al Ain ..... It is very nice here not like the other Emirates with the big construction sites going on everywhere. :
Watch the news in the next couple of weeks. Due to be an announcement regarding a massive project at Jebel Hafeet *taps nose*
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I forgot that after I had written that I remembered a conversation I had with a real estate agent about what is going to be going up there "taps nose"
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:11 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Just about to be signed off, allegedly. I've seen the promo pictures & it looks amazing.

Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Jenny Wren is an unknown quantity at this point

There were lots of complaints in the press about the lack of facilities when the masses visited at the end or Ramadan.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Just about to be signed off, allegedly. I've seen the promo pictures & it looks amazing.

I hope it is done sympathetically, we will wait and see
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:21 pm
Bored liberal

I hope it is done sympathetically, we will wait and see
Relatively, for this part of the world. It is supposed to environmentally sound too.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

BHS have a 25% off sale and have winter and summer clothes although the range isn't very big.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 5:14 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenny Wren
BHS have a 25% off sale and have winter and summer clothes although the range isn't very big.
but.. they will still be more expensive than non-sale back home..
Old Oct 27th 2007, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

Thanks Jenny
I will be looking in on it. I like most of their clothes and find that compared to Aussie prices they are reasonable! So 25% will get me in everytime!
Cheers
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:24 am
Just Joined

On another topic completely - I know we discussed this briefly, but can anyone explain what all the settings are for on my cooker? I have a zig zag one that I know is the grill, then I have a line at the top or a line at the bottom and a line at the top and the bottom. No instructions in the book. So that's 4 settings in all and apart from the grill I have no idea when to use the rest. Boring I know but I had reasonable success with a joint yesterday so it does work and I want to make a cake for December without burning it.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

PatrickG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Patrick, my husband is working at Al Ain Hospital but on the non medical side. It is very nice here not like the other Emirates with the big construction sites going on everywhere. There is a very new sports complex just recently opened with an Equestrian centre, golf club and rugby club. I am sure you will be fine when you arrive in January. HAve you worked overseas anywhere else. Please let me know if I can help in anyway. We both worked in a hospital in Saudi Arabia.

Looking forward to coffee on Thursday Aussieoverseas I am sure the taxi people will know where it is from The Hilton.
Thanks Amazing Grace, I am looking forward to January, would be nice to at least have a few names to look for when I get there. I haven't worked overseas before, in fact never been to the Middle East before unless you count 2 weeks in Egypt!! Good to hear from you.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

PatrickG is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Living in Al Ain

Hello, I last put something on here a few weks ago - Amazing Grace replied (thank you). I'm almost ready for the move from the UK, but now looking at schools - I have a 13 year old daughter. Can anyone tell me where in Al-Ain the 'Al Ain English Speaking School' is located? And what is public transport like within Al-Ain, as I won't be driving for a while. Not too worried about getting out and about to other places (Dubai, Abu Dhabi) as there seems to be transport options. Any good tips on 'things you wonder but never dare ask' would be really appreciated!! Thanks in advance. Patrick
Old Nov 1st 2007, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Patrick, not sure about the schools as my girls are all grown up but I will certainly find out for you. The public transport in Al Ain is the taxi, there are no buses as such but the taxis are very good and very cheap. If you want to know anything else please send me a PM and I will find out the answers to all your questions if I can. Are you a doctor or nurse coming here, cant remember. Keep in touch.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I have a job as Office Manager to a firm of British Architects. We require a PA to the MD. Must be Western and preferably a native English speaker prepared to do anything and everything to make sure the MD works efficiently. We are based in Sanaiya and the hours are 8am til 6pm with an hour for lunch. Good salary. If you are interested please PM me and I will give you my email address.

Cheers
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by larnie
Hello

I have a job as Office Manager to a firm of British Architects. We require a PA to the MD. Must be Western and preferably a native English speaker prepared to do anything and everything to make sure the MD works efficiently. We are based in Sanaiya and the hours are 8am til 6pm with an hour for lunch. Good salary. If you are interested please PM me and I will give you my email address.

Cheers
wow...anything??

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.