Living in Al Ain

Old Oct 16th 2010, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Luxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really nice
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
Lynn - my favourite bead shops are at the town square (where the fountains are), one is the golden thread and I can't remember the name of the other one but it's just beside it. Didn't know you did beading etc, I have loads of beads but have done nothing with them since I came here!
Hi! I checked out the two bead shops this morning....very impressive....although I didn't really "need" any more beads, of course I had to buy some!!!
Old Oct 16th 2010, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

dagklip is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi...looking for second hand books. Seen the bookstore on AD road and Al Jimi. Find new books a bit pricy....secand hand book store anyone?

Old Oct 17th 2010, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Sunday Evening Coffee Club

TONIGHT

7.30pm to 9pm approx

Coffee Hut, Al Jimi Mall

Hope to see some of you there!
Old Oct 17th 2010, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dagklip
Hi...looking for second hand books. Seen the bookstore on AD road and Al Jimi. Find new books a bit pricy....secand hand book store anyone?

If you are after novel type books, there is a free book swap in the Rugby Club, as well as in the Parents room at AAESS. There is also a public lending library at AAESS.
Shammy
Old Oct 17th 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

haloola is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone's braved the public transport here? I've seen a few buses around. Also can anyone estimate how long it would take to drive from Hili to Falaj Hazza'a in the rush hour?! Thanks.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Luxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really nice

I leave Hili for UAEU Falaj Hazzaa at 7 a.m. and depending upon the taxi driver, arrive anywhere between 20 and 30 minutes later. Where do you end up in Falaj Hazzaa?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Luxorhouse
I leave Hili for UAEU Falaj Hazzaa at 7 a.m. and depending upon the taxi driver, arrive anywhere between 20 and 30 minutes later. Where do you end up in Falaj Hazzaa?
Just out of curiosity, how much does the taxi cost each way?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info. I'd be going to the zoo. So it's do-able then?! I plan to drive myself eventually...
Old Oct 18th 2010, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Again, it depends on the taxi driver. One driver who knows how to avoid the busy schools road takes the back roads and and it costs about 30AED (including tip) one way and 35AED (including tip) back home. If the driver doesn't know the shortcuts, it can be 35 in the a.m. and 40 in the afternoon.

I don't want to buy or rent a car, but I am having a problem finding a driver who I can rely on each day to and from school. I thought I had a great lady driver, but she makes regular trips to Abu Dhabi and Dubai and has to frequently cancel either my a.m. or p.m. pick-ups. I'm getting real tired of the stress that is causing, having to find a way in at that busy hour or back home with many drivers who do not know where my campus is.

It would be great if I could find a car pool from Hili to UAEU Falaj Hazzaa (males campus) across from the large ADNOC tanks. I go in for 7:30 until
4:30.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Again, it depends on the taxi driver. One driver who knows how to avoid the busy schools road takes the back roads and and it costs about 30AED (including tip) one way and 35AED (including tip) back home. If the driver doesn't know the shortcuts, it can be 35 in the a.m. and 40 in the afternoon.

I don't want to buy or rent a car, but I am having a problem finding a driver who I can rely on each day to and from school. I thought I had a great lady driver, but she makes regular trips to Abu Dhabi and Dubai and has to frequently cancel either my a.m. or p.m. pick-ups. I'm getting real tired of the stress that is causing, having to find a way in at that busy hour or back home with many drivers who do not know where my campus is.

It would be great if I could find a car pool from Hili to UAEU Falaj Hazzaa (males campus) across from the large ADNOC tanks. I go in for 7:30 until

I know what you mean about directing taxi drivers. Last week I was in AD and picked one up from Mussafah, he didn't have a word of english. So I changed the language of my satnav and it directed him!

Good luck with the car pool - might be worth listing on some of the other local forums, or a noticeboard near the staffroom of your work?
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

I found the best way is to ask the taxi drivers to ttake me to the nearest roundabout (each has a name) and then direct them all from there. They've all known the roundabout so far. I've also given them my name and taken their number and asked them to remember where they've dropped me off, so if there's no passing taxis to flag down I can at least ring someone.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

cheeznleez is an unknown quantity at this point

We're not really liking the rush of brown water that comes on when we turn on our taps and would like to know if anybody knows if there is a water filter that one can hook up to the tank on the roof before it enters the house? What exactly does that entail and where can we get one?
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

GV-Austin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheeznleez
We're not really liking the rush of brown water that comes on when we turn on our taps and would like to know if anybody knows if there is a water filter that one can hook up to the tank on the roof before it enters the house? What exactly does that entail and where can we get one?
Okay, sounds like no one has responded so I'll throw in my two cents worth (or two fils worth). A friend of mine wth HCT Fujairah just moved into a new apartment there and had the same problem. He ran his water nonstop for hours at a time each day and eventually it cleared up. He thinks either the pipes just needed to be cleansed by constant running of new water through them or the water in the tank had settled and as he used it, fresh water came in and eventually the problem cleared up. No matter what, he now has clean water and it cost him a hefty water bill which isn't all that much.

I've not heard of a water filter at the tank but there are some around that connect at the tap (faucet). That doesn't help much for showers but is good for washing dishes and stuff in clean water.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

SallyB33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im leaving Al Ain in decemeber and have started having a clear out. I have loads of stuff for sale, make up, jewlery, shoes size 7 same never worn even some prada's (real), Dune, Converse and loads of clothes many real designer, jeans, handbags etc size 12-14
Its all good stuff that I might get a few pennies for before I give it all away or throw it out.
So if your interested at looking at anything please give me a call after 5pm
050 1384675
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Anyone knows what happened to nialanews?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.