Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill -Redo

The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill -Redo

Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:51 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill -Redo

Originally Posted by W10
I was feeling a bit cynical when I wrote that

It's not that bad. There are far worse places you could be.
For sure the money is great. It is a lovely place for sure, however there seems to be an awful amount of materialism, shallowness and false pretenses in a fair few of the peeps i have met, not all, but a lot! It not the locals i am talking about either! Taken me to rtn to the UK to see it clearly with fresh eyes. Hadn't been back for two years, sooo much has changed in such ashort space of time :scared:
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:56 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the K RT... I have lost track of how many shots I have given and I know that one shot was blank.... So if I give blank to anyone pls speak up, its not done intentionally.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 3:16 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
It is a lovely place for sure, however there seems to be an awful amount of materialism, shallowness and false pretenses in a fair few of the peeps i have met,
OH Wow!!! Really... thats a shocker... would never have thought it....
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=however there seems to be an awful amount of materialism, shallowness and false pretenses in a fair few of the peeps i have met, not all, but a lot! :scared:[/QUOTE]

i have to agree - having grown up here i can honestly say there is a huge difference between the 'solid group of expats' that were here 25 years ago and the transient people we live with today. we're not all plastic!
Old Aug 10th 2005, 1:03 am
Banned

Jellsbean is a name known to allJellsbean is a name known to allJellsbean is a name known to allJellsbean is a name known to allJellsbean is a name known to allJellsbean is a name known to allJellsbean is a name known to allJellsbean is a name known to allJellsbean is a name known to allJellsbean is a name known to allJellsbean is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ray
OH Wow!!! Really... thats a shocker... would never have thought it....
Hello Ray
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold

Hello all,
Just finished my 1st week of work....could do with a drink now...
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:59 am
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sarah1
Hello all,
Hmmm, me too.

Is any one else getting silly comments from silly people in their karma posts. I got this one reciently: .

Aug 10th 2005 7:42 pm Jellsbean Cos you're a shit stirring little trollop

Nice huh?...I'm a little trollup she says.. heheh, saddo.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happiness
So your just a shit stirrer but not a trollop ...message received ...
you lot are really strange ..
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:07 am
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
So your just a shit stirrer but not a trollop ...message received ...
you lot are really strange ..
Well apparently, I am a shit stirrin little trollop according to someone who I have never associated with. This person sent me a nasty karma and I was wondering if anyone else recieved anything.

It's a bit kiddish isnt it?
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:21 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Well apparently, I am a shit stirrin little trollop according to someone who I have never associated with. This person sent me a nasty karma and I was wondering if anyone else recieved anything.

I take it whoever sent it to you has not realised Karma is not anonymous anymore....
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:23 am
Restless soul

Originally Posted by DIMO8
I take it whoever sent it to you has not realised Karma is not anonymous anymore....
Heheh. We all live and learn...some the hard way
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:27 am
Ray

Mine usually have ..I hope you die of cancer ..you bastard ...
and thats from friends... I appreciate the points though ...
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm, me too.

Is any one else getting silly comments from silly people in their karma posts. I got this one reciently: .

I wouldn't get uset about it....be Happy....
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Hmmm, me too.

I wouldn't get upset about it....be Happy....
Old Aug 10th 2005, 6:51 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah1
Hello all,

Good for you! Remember history can repeat itself!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.