Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill

The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill

Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice
Default Re: The Leaky Dhow Bar and Grill

Originally Posted by Tami2
Well, luckily I used to live in Houston, but now I'm far away in Pennsylvania. 2 of mine are in Montreal (the worst two) and the rest are in Tehran, well, except for the half-sister in laws (4 of them, 3 in Toronto and 1 in Germany)
Hubby has 7 brothers, 1 sister, 3 half-brothers and 2 half-sisters. Its such a mixed up family. And now his father (73 years old) is on wife #3 who is 36 and we may end up with more half-siblings.... :scared:
Well, who knows how many I would have had, had my father-in-law not decided to leave this planet 20 years ago. It got all a bit too much to handle for him. God bless him. (Actually, it was the connection to the Shah that shortened his life) :scared:
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:05 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Oh thank god, you are still alive and in one piece, I hope! :scared:

Haha humour me PT...not even ruffled....I have just found the email she sent me a few weeks back...PMSL
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Haha humour me PT...not even ruffled....I have just found the email she sent me a few weeks back...PMSL
Yeah, you are a tough bird, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:07 am
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Well, who knows how many I would have had, had my father-in-law not decided to leave this planet 20 years ago. It got all a bit too much to handle for him. God bless him. (Actually, it was the connection to the Shah that shortened his life) :scared:
I know what you mean, one of my husband's uncles was "rubbed out" when that all went down as well, and another is living incognito in the U.S. Scary bunch of people!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:09 am
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

WTF is going on with her Jools. How can she do this so publicly? Doesn't she realize she's just shit in her own bed? I'd take her down big time if I were you. What has she got against you?

I just posted on both your and Novi's threads, BTW.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:12 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

WTF is going on with her Jools. How can she do this so publicly? Doesn't she realize she's just shit in her own bed? I'd take her down big time if I were you. What has she got against you?

I just posted on both your and Novi's threads, BTW.

Thanks Tami I appreciate it but I also understand others who wish not to get involved...yeah I have just emailed her and read the riot act, she has certainly shit in her own bed bless

She got upset because she emailed me a few weeks back saying that she had some dirt that she could dish on JESS...from the past. I told her basically to poke it, the past is the past and I wasn't interested please run your website a bit more professionally.....I guess she didn't like it
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:15 am
Yes, Master...

Thanks Tami I appreciate it but I also understand others who wish not to get involved...yeah I have just emailed her and read the riot act, she has certainly shit in her own bed bless

She got upset because she emailed me a few weeks back saying that she had some dirt that she could dish on JESS...from the past. I told her basically to poke it, the past is the past and I wasn't interested please run your website a bit more professionally.....I guess she didn't like it
Why does she think you'd care if she has dirt to dish on JESS? Even if you have your kids at the school, what does that have to do with you personally and didn't you say she has a little one there too? I'm sorry, I guess I'm confused. But for her to use her power as a mod or site owner or whatever the hell she is, is just WRONG and I would hope Jane or whoever actually owns the site would let her know how inappropriate that is AND fire her ass right out the door!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

I have to go in search for my lost children. This evening got me so excited about all our hot topics that I forgot about them completely. They had their dinner and very easily convinced me to go and play outside 'just for a little while'. It's gone pass 8pm and they are not back home yet. :scared: I should be reading them a story by now. I hope they haven't ripped out all the beautiful Emaar landscaping by now and filled the swimminpool with sand and chairs. No, my little angels wouldn't do that?! It's always someone elses brats who do it.

Well, out of experience, never say never, and I cannot repeat it more often. Anything can happen if you don't keep a close eye on things. So, I'll better be off and shout out my voice from the 6th floor to get their buts home quickly or else...

I am sure everyone in The Greens will hear me, except my two. Watch out, you might just get an echo in the Emirates Hills area too. :scared:

Carry on having fun without me, I shall do my best to be back!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:17 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Why does she think you'd care if she has dirt to dish on JESS? Even if you have your kids at the school, what does that have to do with you personally and didn't you say she has a little one there too? I'm sorry, I guess I'm confused. But for her to use her power as a mod or site owner or whatever the hell she is, is just WRONG and I would hope Jane or whoever actually owns the site would let her know how inappropriate that is AND fire her ass right out the door!
hello all! Just had to save my laundry b4 sum1 knicked my clothes from the drier. lol

Hiya Tami! Did u get my e-mail?
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:18 am
Yes, Master...

I have to go in search for my lost children. This evening got me so excited about all our hot topics that I forgot about them completely. They had their dinner and very easily convinced me to go and play outside 'just for a little while'. It's gone pass 8pm and they are not back home yet. :scared: I should be reading them a story by now. I hope they haven't ripped out all the beautiful Emaar landscaping by now and filled the swimminpool with sand and chairs. No, my little angels wouldn't do that?! It's always someone elses brats who do it.

Well, out of experience, never say never, and I cannot repeat it more often. Anything can happen if you don't keep a close eye on things. So, I'll better be off and shout out my voice from the 6th floor to get their buts home quickly or else...

I am sure everyone in The Greens will hear me, except my two. Watch out, you might just get an echo in the Emirates Hills area too. :scared:

PMSL PT! Been there; done that!!! Now where did I put those children...hmmm? Too funny! See you when you return!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:19 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

bit dark and cold for them to be playing out on their own, aint it? :scared:

hurry Aunty S!!!!!!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:19 am
Banned

Indeed Tami...until I am banned I am still posting and have answered your post...I must admit that I am getting a tad peeved now
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:20 am
Yes, Master...

Originally Posted by Face81
hello all! Just had to save my laundry b4 sum1 knicked my clothes from the drier. lol

Hiya Tami! Did u get my e-mail?
Yes, I did, Face. Thank you. And Dr. F. has it in his hotmail box as we speak. I've been busy trying to keep your future bride safe, as Frans suggested she visit a disco while in Amsterdam this week! I said no, Face wouldn't appreciate that! LOL.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:32 am
The Oracle

Yes, I did, Face. Thank you. And Dr. F. has it in his hotmail box as we speak. I've been busy trying to keep your future bride safe, as Frans suggested she visit a disco while in Amsterdam this week! I said no, Face wouldn't appreciate that! LOL.
Now I am scared. :scared: :scared:

I am sure u gave it a good read aswell! :scared:

as far as that disco thing goes....... leave that bit to me.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Face81
bit dark and cold for them to be playing out on their own, aint it? :scared:

hurry Aunty S!!!!!!
Bloody construction noise and SZR road, they just can't hear me! Or are they just ignoring me? In the end, I wasn't even sure if they were my kids, as you said, too dark! Two boys playing basketball in a pretty professional way, so no way one of them would be mine. Called one of my dear Iranian neighbours to see if they had slipped through her door but she confirmed they were still outside and it was our boys indeed practising their skills and she would send them home for me. Ah, neighbours, bless, what would we do without them!

Hey Face, it's still 24 degrees outside, I have thermometers placed inside and outside and monitor them daily. We are not doing too bad over here and it isn't wet either. Fantastic!

We also got Emaar security guys lurking around, so pretty save for the kids, if you ask me. Just saw the police patroling the area too. A police car (note, not security) stopped one time when I was trying to kick in the door because the bloody code had changed and I didn't have my access card on me to get home. That was a bit embarrassing. Turned out I could talk to him in Farsi, since I don't speak Arabic and his English didn't seem to stretch too far. He then kindly offered to find someone for me to let me in. I just love the police over here, they have always been so nice to me and I never had to make myself look pretty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.