Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Khalifa City Abu Dhabi

Khalifa City Abu Dhabi

Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

c2518 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Khalifa City Abu Dhabi

my company have bought a complex of villas so dogs aren't an issue as they are aware that they are a non-negotiable and have stated that it is no problem. My understanding is that they are 3BR (5 bathrooms WHY!!) semi with individual garden areas so that will have to do. We are moving from Cumbria so it will be a helluve culture shock for my wife
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by c2518
my company have bought a complex of villas so dogs aren't an issue as they are aware that they are a non-negotiable and have stated that it is no problem. My understanding is that they are 3BR (5 bathrooms WHY!!) semi with individual garden areas so that will have to do. We are moving from Cumbria so it will be a helluve culture shock for my wife
I am assuming the company are an arab company if they have bought properties. 5 toilets always makes me laugh
Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:04 am
Just Joined

No, they are an American company. They already have one compound of 10 villas which are let to staff and the compound I am supposed to be moving into in Khalifa A is due to finish in the next few weeks
Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:30 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

No, they are an American company. They already have one compound of 10 villas which are let to staff and the compound I am supposed to be moving into in Khalifa A is due to finish in the next few weeks
bring plenty toilet roll with you then
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:51 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving from Cumbria so it will be a helluve culture shock for my wife
Moving to Cumbria was a helluva shock for my wife. Survived a whole two years before she convinced me to get out. Aaah, those were the days! Pub every Saturday night making a fool of the locals. Pleasant days
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:55 am
Just Joined

aah, there is nothing quite like cumbria green, wet, windy and lots of hills! And we are the proud owners of 23 micro-breweries (you can never get enough real ale!!)
Old Nov 9th 2008, 12:39 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

aah, there is nothing quite like cumbria green, wet, windy and lots of hills! And we are the proud owners of 23 micro-breweries (you can never get enough real ale!!)
Too right! Aaaah, beer.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Speaking of beer where is the nearest bottle store to KCA? Please say there is one reasonably close or will I have to travel to Spinneys, etc to get the much needed liquid of life! If I have to travel to get supplies in might as well head up to Barracudas if they are still open?
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

no there is an unofficial one up by car4 so a 10 min drive away from kca, or you can always go to the golf club