Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Khalifa City Abu Dhabi

Khalifa City Abu Dhabi

Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

c2518 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Khalifa City Abu Dhabi

I am in the process of relocating back to Abu Dhabi in the next three weeks and the new bosses have sourced some accomodation in Khalifa which I would then rent. Does anyone have any experience living there and can give some insight into the location? I am expecting the usual Springs/Lakes scenario but would appreciate any factual background available. a cause of concern is that we are shipping our three dogs with us and they require a substantial amount of exercise .
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Khalifa City Abu Dhabi

which khalifa city, a or b. either kc are not like the greens style. its individual plots which the owner can built a big house or lots of smaller squashed in ones. there is no landscaping, like the greens, no grass etc, and no amenities, yes they are better now as they have a few shops, local ones, and there is a kfc and a few nurseries, a petrol station and a fire station, and a post office being built, the plans are there but it will not be finished for at least another 10 years, so there is still a lot of empty plots etc. there is plenty room to walk the dogs etc but some of the locals do not like them.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. I don't know which KC it is yet. All work have told me is that they are procuring a number of suitable villas which will be then made available if desired. I have previously lived in Dubai and Al Ain but my wife hasn't lived outside the UK so I am anticipating a serious adjustment period. We are bringing three border collies (all very well trained) so I don't see a major problem with locals as we don't intend letting them run loose. My primary concern is that the villa garden/yard is secured. is this the norm or should i be looking at getting this done asap?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

the villas have big walls around them so no worries there. some of the villas in kca are little compounds of 6 or so, but you would need to check that the landlord allows pets, as most dont, villas you are usually ok, but some apartments will not allow, or they will stipulate 1 only, raha gardens which is a gated compound next door to kca only allows 1 pet, so you wouldnt be allowed to rent there.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

They have already told me the rent will be AED325k per annum (which is more than my mortgages back in the uk ) but beggars can't be choosers. So as far as I am concerned for that money it wants to be a single unit and not a compound.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well it might not be!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

been hearing that the minimum now is 350+ and on raha gardens they are going for 360+ and they are attached ones (not detached)
Old Nov 8th 2008, 1:39 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Khalifa city is a toilet. Rubbish everywhere, where else on earth would you pay about 60K GBP to rent out a crappy built villa in the middle of a rathole like KCA.
Unbelievable
Old Nov 8th 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

markhighpeak is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I live in Al Raha Gardens, albeit for about 3 weeks, and I think the place is good. I wouldn't want to live in the centre of AD, and as for Dubai, now that is a rubbish dump.

I suppose it depends on what you want, for me, close location to an English school, close to my place of work on Yas Island, 5 minute drive to the supermarkets, and a quick drive into town if I want to means that for me and my family ARG is ideal.

Whilst it's true KC, A or B are far from complete, this means it there is alot more space to do your own thing, and also it depends on where tou are coming from in the UK. If you lived in London, then you would probably enjoy living around the Sailing Club in Dubai, (think about it), personally I lived in the High Peak district, so I enjoy the freedom to move about a bit more than the city rats.

You'll have no probs here, but you'll need a car for you and 1 for your missus, because as with everywhere around this part of the world, walking is out of the question, the distances are too great.

Hope some of the above helps.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 1:57 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Al raha gardens is a different beast. I enjoyed living there. Villas are pretty well finished
Old Nov 8th 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

You could try looking at Mangrove - it is a much smaller development than the Al Raha Gardens Estate and has a communal pool which Al Raha Gardens don't have yet and probably won't get for a couple of years. It also has a Spinneys supermarket on site.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:06 pm
banned

There is apparently 6months waiting list at mangrove.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
There is apparently 6months waiting list at mangrove.

Yes, at least- and I think perhaps @ 425 nearer the mark.Mangrove are imho the most beautifully finished houses in AD.....no plastic worktops right up against gas cooker (as in your last adobe Commander???)

To the OP, please check out Landlord Contract and Tenancy Agreements before you part with any cash as three dogs could pose a problem......
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:25 pm
banned

I agree Eva, I loved al raha but my mangrove abode is lovely. I hear rents are in the 400's now.

I don't think I have seen an empty house since I moved. The 'on campus' restaurant is great also,

Seashores nextdoor does not look like its fully occupied for some reason. They have lovely pools also
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:29 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
I agree Eva, I loved al raha but my mangrove abode is lovely. I hear rents are in the 400's now.

I don't think I have seen an empty house since I moved. The 'on campus' restaurant is great also,

Seashores nextdoor does not look like its fully occupied for some reason. They have lovely pools also
adobe in Mexico= abode....I just saw that!.

Ya some company(name escapes just now) is holding about 36 units in Seashores-unoccupied for incumbants.They don't compare to Mangrove imho- or even ARG w.o facils.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.