Jumeirah Islands

Old May 11th 2009, 5:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jumeirah Islands

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Access is fine and the houses are pretty nice (I guess it is Palmera they are looking at). But even with the new roads is still feels like a long drive out there.

Some friends were up a few weeks ago looking for a place and said it is like a ghost town.
I heard the same, personally the Ranches does nothing for me at all, I feel out if it in Al Barsha never mind at the Ranches.
Old May 11th 2009, 5:38 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I heard the same, personally the Ranches does nothing for me at all, I feel out if it in Al Barsha never mind at the Ranches.
Aye, it's a bit dead up there...we lived there for 3 years and liked it, however after moving we now realise what a pain it was getting there and back.
Old May 11th 2009, 5:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, it's a bit dead up there...we lived there for 3 years and liked it, however after moving we now realise what a pain it was getting there and back.
we are still searching Al Barsha, if we don't find anything suitable we will be heading Shoreline way too. I would rather live there than on the Springs. The school run from Springs would be a nightmare, 10 mins from The Palm.
Old May 11th 2009, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we are still searching Al Barsha, if we don't find anything suitable we will be heading Shoreline way too. I would rather live there than on the Springs. The school run from Springs would be a nightmare, 10 mins from The Palm.
Where is "Shoreline"? Out of interest, which community do you think stacks up best for a commute to Abu Dhabi? I need fast access off the compound (so does that rule out The Greens?) and would prefer to be in and around Jumeirah (we have two young kids.) Is a stand alone villa our best option?
Old May 11th 2009, 6:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Where is "Shoreline"? Out of interest, which community do you think stacks up best for a commute to Abu Dhabi? I need fast access off the compound (so does that rule out The Greens?) and would prefer to be in and around Jumeirah (we have two young kids.) Is a stand alone villa our best option?
Presumably the Shoreline Apartments on Palm Jumeirah, where Franky Dettori has a few so I believe.
Old May 11th 2009, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

shoreline apartments, palm jumeirah.

villas are now going for less than 200k in jumeirah/umm suqeim, likely to be a good choice available by July.

the commute to ad, if you have to go all the way to the island, is a real drag though, the idea of doing that daily would blow my brains out..
Old May 11th 2009, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I think the ranches really depends on where you work and if you go out a lot.

If you work within reasonable distance and don't go to bars and restaurants every night, its a nice quiet life there.
Old May 11th 2009, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
shoreline apartments, palm jumeirah.

villas are now going for less than 200k in jumeirah/umm suqeim, likely to be a good choice available by July.

the commute to ad, if you have to go all the way to the island, is a real drag though, the idea of doing that daily would blow my brains out..
I go as far as Yas Island so it's not as bad (although still not great.) Boredom is the biggest problem on that stretch, alongside the run of the mill appallingly dangerous driving one just seems to accept after a while here.

Cheers for the info.
Old May 11th 2009, 6:47 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Presumably the Shoreline Apartments on Palm Jumeirah, where Franky Dettori has a few so I believe.
I have decorated a 2 bedroom Shoreline apartement, and they are tiny...it's more a holiday apartement.
Small living room where you can just get in a sofa and a dining table. Tiny kitchen with one a breakfast bar, but if you put stools there you can't walk cause that's where the sofa will be, unless you put that in front of the glass doors leading to the balcony, and hardly any wallspace...no storage, and the maidroom is so small (and no windows) if you put a single bed in it, you either can't open the door or the door to the showerroom...it's a complete nightmare...
Old May 11th 2009, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MataHari
I have decorated a 2 bedroom Shoreline apartement, and they are tiny...it's more a holiday apartement.
Small living room where you can just get in a sofa and a dining table. Tiny kitchen with one a breakfast bar, but if you put stools there you can't walk cause that's where the sofa will be, unless you put that in front of the glass doors leading to the balcony, and hardly any wallspace...no storage, and the maidroom is so small (and no windows) if you put a single bed in it, you either can't open the door or the door to the showerroom...it's a complete nightmare...
You'd never make it as an Estate Agent - too honest.
Old May 11th 2009, 6:54 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

But the villas are nice and spacious with their own pool as well as direct sea access.
Old May 11th 2009, 6:55 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

You'd never make it as an Estate Agent - too honest.
lol...I know...that's why my strong point is decorating...make something out of nothing...
Old May 11th 2009, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

There are 2bed shoreline of 1400 sq ft, tiny I agree with you... but other 2bed over 1900sq feet... a decent size for a 2 bedrooms.
Old May 11th 2009, 7:23 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

The Green Community is some way out of Dubai but lots of folks working in Abu Dhabi now live there - excellent value great facilities and easy access to Abu Dhabi via Emirates road/SZR. Construction of flyovers has now started on the large R/A that used to be a problem, If heading to A/D this R/A can be avoided completely by heading through DIP to the Labab Rd/Emirates Rd intersection.
Old May 11th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
The Green Community is some way out of Dubai but lots of folks working in Abu Dhabi now live there - excellent value great facilities and easy access to Abu Dhabi via Emirates road/SZR. Construction of flyovers has now started on the large R/A that used to be a problem, If heading to A/D this R/A can be avoided completely by heading through DIP to the Labab Rd/Emirates Rd intersection.
your right dd, definitely the best option for an AD commute.
Just in the middle of nowhere for everything else if you want to go outside the communuty..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.