Jumeirah Islands

Old May 10th 2009, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

KiwiJoJo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jumeirah Islands

Just wondering if anyone lives or knows much about Jumeriah Islands. Moving out soon and this looks quite a good location and the villas look beautiful.

Does anyone know if the community centre has opened there yet? I can't seem to find too much information about it on the net and have heard a 'rumour' that the community centre hasn't opened yet and that the building work has stopped there. Is this true?

If anyone knows anything about Jumeirah Islands it would be most appreciated.

Ta
Old May 11th 2009, 3:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jumeirah Islands

Originally Posted by KiwiJoJo
Just wondering if anyone lives or knows much about Jumeriah Islands. Moving out soon and this looks quite a good location and the villas look beautiful.

Does anyone know if the community centre has opened there yet? I can't seem to find too much information about it on the net and have heard a 'rumour' that the community centre hasn't opened yet and that the building work has stopped there. Is this true?

Ta

lovely place to live, I have two friends up there who are really happy. The Community Centre never happened if I remember rightly but there is a good play area, and each villa has it's own pool. I am envious.
Old May 11th 2009, 4:18 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Ta
Crap build quality and infested with mozzies...not somewhere I'd move to.
Old May 11th 2009, 4:30 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Crap build quality and infested with mozzies...not somewhere I'd move to.
I have never been bitten by mozzies when I have been up there and mozzies love me where does a good build quality exists? I would rather have JI over the Springs that's for sure.
Old May 11th 2009, 4:36 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have never been bitten by mozzies when I have been up there and mozzies love me where does a good build quality exists? I would rather have JI over the Springs that's for sure.
Got friends living there and they can't sit out on an evening due to mozzies. They have had loads of problems with the house, and for what they are paying you would expect better. There doesn't seem to be much there, I'd take the Meadows over JI.
Old May 11th 2009, 4:46 am
Concierge

Got friends living there and they can't sit out on an evening due to mozzies. They have had loads of problems with the house, and for what they are paying you would expect better. There doesn't seem to be much there, I'd take the Meadows over JI.
I agree with you about the build quality but I now take the attitude of it's only rented. The kitchens are not up to scratch for the size of the villas. The Meadows are nice but the properties are very close to each other. Access out of JI is easier as well. The have dropped dramatically in price, so there is plenty of choice now.
Old May 11th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Ta
Think there was a thread on EW not too long ago about teenagers having parties which were advertised on Facebook, which lasted until 6am! Turned out they were renting out empty villas for a night apparently!

Think it was JI, that is the one with the clusters isn't it?
Old May 11th 2009, 5:01 am
Big Member

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
Think there was a thread on EW not too long ago about teenagers having parties which were advertised on Facebook, which lasted until 6am! Turned out they were renting out empty villas for a night apparently!

Think it was JI, that is the one with the clusters isn't it?
Yeah, JI has the clusters. Our friends had a problem with kids having parties til late, when confronted they said that their parents were abroad ...maybe the same ones.

I just don't like the place, would not want to move there.
Old May 11th 2009, 5:04 am
Concierge

Yeah, JI has the clusters. Our friends had a problem with kids having parties til late, when confronted they said that their parents were abroad ...maybe the same ones.

I have been thinking about it, and if my DH's Company said we have a villa on JI if you want it, I am afraid I would have to say yes. If they had one on Meadows 1, I would say yes to that too, but not the other Meadows because of access in and out the place.
Old May 11th 2009, 5:06 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

those parties are being held all over Dubai...one call to the police will sort it out, they let kids in from the age of 15 and they serve alcohol...
Old May 11th 2009, 5:08 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by MataHari
those parties are being held all over Dubai...one call to the police will sort it out, they let kids in from the age of 15 and they serve alcohol...
will they let 44 year olds in?
Old May 11th 2009, 5:08 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been thinking about it, and if my DH's Company said we have a villa on JI if you want it, I am afraid I would have to say yes. If they had one on Meadows 1, I would say yes to that too, but not the other Meadows because of access in and out the place.
My boss is going to look at some 2-bed villas on Arabian Ranches going for about AED100K...any views on that place? Has the access route got any better?
Old May 11th 2009, 5:14 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

will they let 44 year olds in?
only those of the MILF variety...
Old May 11th 2009, 5:22 am
Big Member

Originally Posted by lionheart
My boss is going to look at some 2-bed villas on Arabian Ranches going for about AED100K...any views on that place? Has the access route got any better?
Access is fine and the houses are pretty nice (I guess it is Palmera they are looking at). But even with the new roads is still feels like a long drive out there.

Some friends were up a few weeks ago looking for a place and said it is like a ghost town.
Old May 11th 2009, 5:31 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by MataHari
only those of the MILF variety...
that's me out then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.