Reload this Page >

Job offer from Adu Dhabi - Need Advise

Job offer from Adu Dhabi - Need Advise

Old Dec 5th 2008, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Sdevil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer from Adu Dhabi - Need Advise

Hi
I am an IT professional from UK who has been offered a Job as “IT Manager” in a Architectural company in Abu Dhabi. The pay offered is 30k AED per month (All inclusive).

I am working as “Systems manager” in UK earning around £40k per year. Do you think the pay offer is good enough for a family of three to live comfortably in UAE?

My little one is 2 years old and would be going to nursery soon so need to take that cost into account along with housing + travel & living expenses.

Any advise is greatly appreciated

Regards

SD
Old Dec 5th 2008, 10:42 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer from Adu Dhabi - Need Advise

Originally Posted by Sdevil
Hi
I am an IT professional from UK who has been offered a Job as “IT Manager” in a Architectural company in Abu Dhabi. The pay offered is 30k AED per month (All inclusive).

I am working as “Systems manager” in UK earning around £40k per year. Do you think the pay offer is good enough for a family of three to live comfortably in UAE?

My little one is 2 years old and would be going to nursery soon so need to take that cost into account along with housing + travel & living expenses.

Regards

SD

TBH, if I was offered that package, Id stay in the UK. Have a search for AD costs 2/3's of your salary will go on accom, and it has to be paid upfront...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
TBH, if I was offered that package, Id stay in the UK. Have a search for AD costs 2/3's of your salary will go on accom, and it has to be paid upfront...
Thanks... Any ideas as to what would be an ideal salary for me in UAE?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:00 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks... Any ideas as to what would be an ideal salary for me in UAE?
Like I said, have a search. Everyones wants and needs are different... Im in a different business to you and have the much-derided (coz the fckrs are jeaslous) feather-bed package...

I get more pa than you WITH the extra's paid.. like I said, wouldnt take yours....
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Like I said, have a search. Everyones wants and needs are different... Im in a different business to you and have the much-derided (coz the fckrs are jeaslous) feather-bed package...

I get more pa than you WITH the extra's paid.. like I said, wouldnt take yours....
Thanks Mate. I was searching on the net to get some ideas about salaries for IT sector in Abu Dhabi but could not find anything. May be someone from IT can share some light on current going salaries in AD?

Need to get an idea of what salary i can get as an IT manager so that i can negotiate the offer
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:17 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Take a look at this.. and add some for AD...

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Cost_of_living_in_UAE

If it aint this, Id suggest you have some negotiating to do....
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:53 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Regards

SD
Hello,

I can see how 30kAED p.m (@£5,570) looks appealling against a top line of £40k p.a.however you will need @ 250-300kAED for decent accommodation.
This is subject to 5-7% annual rise and probably an initial Estate Agent's fee of 5%.
As a guide, this Nursery is looking for 22kaed (Sept-Jun)
http://www.humptynursery.com/geninfo...20(Abu%20Dhabi)
Petrol & eating out are the big savers in AD everything else is comparative with UK.Remember your utilities bill also-when you eventually find accommodation that is, especially water and ac costs.

hth
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

also be aware that ad is suffering from the construction crisis and i would think long and hard before coming over here to join a new company, as there have been a lot of job losses in this last week alone, last week was not so bad, this week many many job losses, and unless you are here 'in the know' you wouldnt know about it, and it has been a case of last in first out etc, so if you have a good job in the uk i would seriously consider staying at least until dxb and ad have settled down a bit.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busybee2
also be aware that ad is suffering from the construction crisis and i would think long and hard before coming over here to join a new company, as there have been a lot of job losses in this last week alone, last week was not so bad, this week many many job losses, and unless you are here 'in the know' you wouldnt know about it, and it has been a case of last in first out etc, so if you have a good job in the uk i would seriously consider staying at least until dxb and ad have settled down a bit.
Thanks Everyone for your input. Much appriciated.

Like busybee2 said, i have a good job here so i will have to do some thinking before i can make my decision.

Regards
SD
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:53 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I think regardless of your industry you will struggle with that
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:25 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Regards

SD
in a word no, the rent would screw you.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
in a word no, the rent would screw you.
What if they are ready to pay around 40k AED PCM? Do you guys think that things will stack up then?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 3:55 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

What if they are ready to pay around 40k AED PCM? Do you guys think that things will stack up then?
PM me with the company name.