Issues with Daughter's Visa

Issues with Daughter's Visa

Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:02 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Daughter's visa issues

Originally Posted by archie159
OK, just spoke to my HR and PRO (we are AD based, with several hundred western employees, so they do this a lot). Technically you are correct - that was news to me. However - in reality, they said if you go into the MoI yourself, first floor on the left somewhere, there is a Captain or Lt who is "the waiver guy". You explain to him why you don't have a copy of the tenancy, he stamps a form and you get your visa. As long as you don't look like you are someone who is likely to be living in a 30-man sub-leased tenement, you'll be fine. But they did think it would take a trip in person, or by a helpful local PRO who can vouch for you. As I said, they didn't even ask for my tenancy agreement.
Exactly. What did I say earlier?

For someone who has lived here for a while and was employed by Abu Dhabi government, you seem very naive LaLaLayla.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kix
Exactly. What did I say earlier?
I know you did - but sometimes it is reassuring to hear it from more than one person. And I was, at least, able to add that I actually discussed this with someone who does this for his living.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by archie159
OK, just spoke to my HR and PRO (we are AD based, with several hundred western employees, so they do this a lot). Technically you are correct - that was news to me. However - in reality, they said if you go into the MoI yourself, first floor on the left somewhere, there is a Captain or Lt who is "the waiver guy". You explain to him why you don't have a copy of the tenancy, he stamps a form and you get your visa. As long as you don't look like you are someone who is likely to be living in a 30-man sub-leased tenement, you'll be fine. But they did think it would take a trip in person, or by a helpful local PRO who can vouch for you. As I said, they didn't even ask for my tenancy agreement.
Thank you so much, Archie - that is good news. I'll let my husband know and ask him to go and visit the waiver guy.

Does anybody know how we can get our fines reduced? I have heard that there is something you can write a begging letter to...
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

ukfb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Yeah, but you need the Title Deeds and the landlord won't give them to us.
For those in Dubai I managed to get a copy of the site plan from the Dubai Land Department - one of the local guys on the ground floor printed it out for me. All I had was my tenancy contract (for the landlords name and property address).

Whilst mine was not, you could also ask your neighbour for a copy of their site plan - the plot numbers might be sequential and this might help the land department locate your property on their GIS.

The typing center out the back then used this to register the agreement with Ejari (albiet after sitting with the Ejari IT department for two hours whilst they fudged their systems to add our villa...)

Good luck in getting your little ones visa sorted asap.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much, Archie - that is good news. I'll let my husband know and ask him to go and visit the waiver guy.

Does anybody know how we can get our fines reduced? I have heard that there is something you can write a begging letter to...
Why is your life always so complicated?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

We are on AD visas and have never had to produce our tenancy agreement, we just renewed earlier this year as well. Our tenancy agreement is not registered either.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

What's the latest then?

Any progress?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What's the latest then?

Any progress?
Well, as luck would have it, a man who sounds very much like Archie's "The Waiver Guy" is due to be visiting my husband's work today on another matter. So he will talk to him then and hopefully they can resolve something.

If not, then I am going to bring all the documents to work and ask our PRO to help. She doesn't cover AD, but she is local and has contacts in AD Immigration.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Well, as luck would have it, a man who sounds very much like Archie's "The Waiver Guy" is due to be visiting my husband's work today on another matter. So he will talk to him then and hopefully they can resolve something.

If not, then I am going to bring all the documents to work and ask our PRO to help. She doesn't cover AD, but she is local and has contacts in AD Immigration.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Thanks Scamp
Old Mar 27th 2013, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

OP, i haven't read the whole thread, apologies.

Can you confirm whether your daughter was born in UAE or out? That will make a difference.

If your daughter was born in the UAE you will definitely not be able to get out without a residence visa.

Bear in mind that if all your paperwork is in order you can get a residence visa in 24 hours or less.

If your daughter was born outside of the UAE, you will be able to pay the fines necessary to catch up.

I am happy to help you out if you need someone who knows (pretty much!) the processes.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes please. She was born here, we got her passport just before Christmas and it has been with my husband's firm ever since. The most recent obstacle is that our Tenancy Contract is not attested at Ejari...
Old Mar 27th 2013, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
And no it is not the landlords responsibility as I was told by RERA. The onus is on the tenant, think of it as a new tax that is being implemented.
Actually it is the Landlords responsibility to register http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...09-01-1.473625. However the tenant can also do it and I did because of the protection it gives tenants, i.e. if you're not registered with EJARI don't expect RERA to help you out if you're in trouble with your LL. DIY registration is very simple, takes 30 mins at the typing centre and costs 195 Dhm.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

LaLaLayla, please confirm the following:-

1. Where are your visas issued (AD?)
2. Where do you live? (Dxb?)
3. Do you have your original tenancy contract?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ditzy
LaLaLayla, please confirm the following:-

1. Where are your visas issued (AD?)
2. Where do you live? (Dxb?)
3. Do you have your original tenancy contract?
1. AD.
2. DXB.
3. Yes.