Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Issues with Daughter's Visa

Issues with Daughter's Visa

Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Issues with Daughter's Visa

OK, my daughter is now six months old and still does not have a Residence Visa. It took ages to get her passport, it arrived just before Christmas. We then gave all the documents we were asked for to my husband's HR team. They kept on asking us for new stuff, which just kept delaying it. Then yesterday they told us that we can't get a visa for her because there is less than 3 months remaining on our Tenancy Contract.

The issue (apart from the fines!) is that we are scheduled to go home to the UK in 2 weeks time. I am worried that this will cause problems for us, and don't know what do to.

Obviously with the benefit of hindsight, we would have done visa runs, but we didn't know that we still would not have a visa for her 6 months on.

Can anybody give us some advice? Thanks.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:32 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Daughter's visa issues

Take all your stuff, and little miss, and go to residence place in Bur Dubai - near Trade Centre. Speak to a senior guy (if I recall on the far right office) he'll issue it immediately.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:43 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Take all your stuff, and little miss, and go to residence place in Bur Dubai - near Trade Centre. Speak to a senior guy (if I recall on the far right office) he'll issue it immediately.
what he said!

and if that doesnt work, just get her a visit visa if possible
come back and reapply and oh and btw tell those HR people they suck!!
I have a brilliant typing guy and he got the visas for all of my family sorted within 7 days of them landing here
good luck!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, forgot to say we are on AD visas.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

We have recently used www.babystepsdubai.com/
less headache and turned around a visa in a couple of days
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't expect HR guys to know the process for a babies visa. Not exactly their regular type of work. You wont be able to do a visa run either, as the baby needs a visa in the first place to exit the country, and you wont be able to apply for a visit visa, as they wont have an entry visa in the first place to convert from.

call baby steps they will guide you the whole way. The trickiest bit for us was getting our lease stamped by Ejari as our landlord hadn't done it yet, so we had to get that stamped first, but otherwise it was a snap.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Sorry, forgot to say we are on AD visas.
oh sorry, not sure if they do AD, maybe they do AD as well as Dubai
Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

No, they don't
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

What on earth has a tenancy contract got to do with your child's visa? We have 2 children on visas, and never been asked to show anything to do with tenancy. All I can think of doing is going back to the HR team and telling them, politely, that they are talking rubbish! Try saying you have asked around and no-one else has had this problem, and maybe they need to check their facts.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, it gets worse... our landlord is refusing to get our Tenancy Contract attested with Ojari unless we sign a Notice to Quit. Blackmail.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Well, it gets worse... our landlord is refusing to get our Tenancy Contract attested with Ojari unless we sign a Notice to Quit. Blackmail.
Isn't it a legal requirement to get it registered / attested with them?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Isn't it a legal requirement to get it registered / attested with them?
That's what I thought. The local girls in my office said we should go to the police.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That's what I thought. The local girls in my office said we should go to the police.
Yeah, I'd phone the landlord back and say that it is a legal requirement.

Then he'll say, fine but sign the notice to quit.

Then tell him that is blackmail and you will ring the police.

Never great to deliberately piss off your landlord but bigger fish to fry with the visa at the moment. At the same time; push HR to just sort the flippin' visa without it.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, good advice. Thanks Scamp.

Does anybody know if my daughter can leave the country without a visa? She was born here.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:11 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Yeah, good advice. Thanks Scamp.

Does anybody know if my daughter can leave the country without a visa? She was born here.
Why dont you go to the residency department with her birth certificate and ask.

Better than turning up at the airport on a hope and a prayer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.