Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I know I dont belong here...

I know I dont belong here...

Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I know I dont belong here...

Originally Posted by mantronic
Correct - otherwise I would have been there in a snap for the pools and cocktails
shame that, being a reject..
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

mantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nice

I know right - all those pools and cocktails missed out on.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:58 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by admon
shame that, being a reject..
admon, i saw someone's signature (apologies, can't remember who's) the other day that had a brilliant quote on it which (paraphrasing) was "don't pick fights with idiots (aka mantronic); they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
admon, i saw someone's signature (apologies, can't remember who's) the other day that had a brilliant quote on it which (paraphrasing) was "don't pick fights with idiots (aka mantronic); they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
its kind of fun, bating the reject..
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

mantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nicemantronic is just really nice

its kind of fun, bating the reject..
aka getting owned (at the pool with a cocktail though).

Its actually dont fight with a pig because you both end up dirty and the pig enjoys it. Very true - no wait I mean I just cant move on from rejection haha
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

aka getting owned (at the pool with a cocktail though).

Its actually dont fight with a pig because you both end up dirty and the pig enjoys it. Very true - no wait I mean I just cant move on from rejection haha
obviously not, thats why you are still here.. ..reject
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

obviously not, thats why you are still here.. ..reject
I know right ... all these cocktails cant erase the pain
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Location: We live in Riyadh---out in the open, no compound life here *sigh* I wish
Jess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really nice

Really I get a kick out of you all lol

I live really close to Faislaieh or however its spelled lol. Actually right smack in the middle of That tower and the Tamimi on Thaleteen street. We were in there last night at the last prayer and they actually didnt kick us out we were shocked because another time were went they asked us to wait outside for half hour. oyyy. it was the middle of summer then.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Location: We live in Riyadh---out in the open, no compound life here *sigh* I wish
Jess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really niceJess1983 is just really nice

and really if i see an expat outside am i supposed to just walk up to them and say yoooo whats happenin im a lonely american here with no friends, care to chat LMAO that sounds pathetic and actually something that some westerners could do.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:23 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jess1983
Really I get a kick out of you all lol

I live really close to Faislaieh or however its spelled lol. Actually right smack in the middle of That tower and the Tamimi on Thaleteen street. We were in there last night at the last prayer and they actually didnt kick us out we were shocked because another time were went they asked us to wait outside for half hour. oyyy. it was the middle of summer then.
Quite a nice area then! Am shocked about the Tamimi... usually they close their doors some time before prayer time to make sure you're out - I've had to get my Lebanese co-worker to argue for me to get us in more than once...

Originally Posted by Jess1983
and really if i see an expat outside am i supposed to just walk up to them and say yoooo whats happenin im a lonely american here with no friends, care to chat LMAO that sounds pathetic and actually something that some westerners could do.
Find the compounds by following them home...

If you see me though, feel free to say hello, as long as there are no Muttween around!

I look just like my avatar... eyes and all.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by typical
Quite a nice area then! Am shocked about the Tamimi... usually they close their doors some time before prayer time to make sure you're out - I've had to get my Lebanese co-worker to argue for me to get us in more than once...

Find the compounds by following them home...

If you see me though, feel free to say hello, as long as there are no Muttween around!

I look just like my avatar... eyes and all.
LMAO sureeee ya do!!! Isnt that stalking if i follow them home??? HAHAAA.

Its a busy area that we live in thats for sure. there is never any parking on the street.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:04 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Pool in 47 degree heat ? Sipping $50 vodka and lemonade "cocktails" (or more likely mocktails)? .

As dubai drawcards they are up there with traffic jams, $300 sand golf and hanging at bhurka beach .

If you are being creative why not just say "playing tennis on the Burj al arab helipad".

where?
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jess!
Hope all is well with you....as well as it can be.
Hey, I just had an idea...maybe if you could find some work?
How about a teacher's assistant at one of the Western schools?
If you get the job, they most probably would take your little one in the nursery...oh, and don;t worry about not being a teacher, you are a native English speaker, that is usually enough for a TA job.

oh, and there is another website...sainsaudi.co.za

It's the site for all the south Africans in Saudi.

Oh...and one more thing...if you land a job with Prince Waleed, you get to live in Kingdom City compound....lol
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
Sounds like IndieG's signature...............