HSBC

Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:07 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default HSBC

What a load of balls they are.

I've been trying to transfer some cash from my HSBC account over here to my HSBC account back home, internet banking thing I can view details but when I try and send the cash it does nowt, also when I ring up they say there is some problem and they can't transfer it - this has been going on for 3 days.

Oh and my ATM card is just that, ATM only, do they not do debit cards over here? Or do you need to use a credit card for paying for stuff?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC

Originally Posted by Spugsy

I've been trying to transfer some cash from my HSBC account over here to my HSBC account back home, internet banking thing I can view details but when I try and send the cash it does nowt, also when I ring up they say there is some problem and they can't transfer it - this has been going on for 3 days.

Oh and my ATM card is just that, ATM only, do they not do debit cards over here? Or do you need to use a credit card for paying for stuff?
Yep, I'm having problems transfering as well. I rung up and was told that I need to fill out a transfer form and it couldn't be done online or over the phone!!
I wanted a Debit card but was told this is not the usual thing in the UAE! You use a credit card to buy things and can only use your other card to get money out!! This place is so fc ukin behind the times!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris79
Yep, I'm having problems transfering as well. I rung up and was told that I need to fill out a transfer form and it couldn't be done online or over the phone!!
I wanted a Debit card but was told this is not the usual thing in the UAE! You use a credit card to buy things and can only use your other card to get money out!! This place is so fc ukin behind the times!
as regards freedom and rights, perhaps you're right... but this is the first I've heard about not getting debit cards. I had a combined ATM/debit card even before I received my residence visa. It was only for the cheque book and credit card that my bank insisted on seeing the visa. Maybe it's just your bank that hasn't got it sussed yet...?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:33 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Chris, at least you have the option to move to NBAD. I bank with them, and I am really happy with them. I opened an account with them, and the next day my cards and cheque book were ready to pick up. Transferring money is easy, and they couldn't be more nicer or helpful.

Just a recommendation, although it doesn't help our friend in Dubai...
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:37 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Just a thought, but how much are you trying to transfer? I know that Natwest have an upper limit of £10,000 for an online transfer. Maybe HSBC do something similar?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

aye, civilisation seems a long way off.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by jvr20
as regards freedom and rights, perhaps you're right... but this is the first I've heard about not getting debit cards. I had a combined ATM/debit card even before I received my residence visa. It was only for the cheque book and credit card that my bank insisted on seeing the visa. Maybe it's just your bank that hasn't got it sussed yet...?
or they are just a stupid bunch of mooks?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
Just a thought, but how much are you trying to transfer? I know that Natwest have an upper limit of £10,000 for an online transfer. Maybe HSBC do something similar?
nah £2k, it just sits there and spins on the net and nowt happens.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

or they are just a stupid bunch of mooks?
correct
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
I just want to transfer 1250 english pounds each month. Wish I could afford to transfer 10,000!!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to transfer 1250 english pounds each month. Wish I could afford to transfer 10,000!!
i'm going over in a couple of weeks - just give me a couple of bundles of cash, i'll deposit it in your UK account for you!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

think most banks do debit cards.
I have a Mashreq one and NBAD one (Visa Electron)
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
Chris, at least you have the option to move to NBAD. I bank with them, and I am really happy with them. I opened an account with them, and the next day my cards and cheque book were ready to pick up. Transferring money is easy, and they couldn't be more nicer or helpful.

Just a recommendation, although it doesn't help our friend in Dubai...
Originally Posted by Inselaffen
think most banks do debit cards.
I have a Mashreq one and NBAD one (Visa Electron)
The majority of the banks give out debit cards which can also be used to buy stuff.In the HSBC's case, they ONLY issue ATM cards to withdraw money...
Your gripe is with HSBC,which is a British Bank after all,nothing to do with how things are done here...
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:49 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Confucius
The majority of the banks give out debit cards which can also be used to buy stuff.In the HSBC's case, they ONLY issue ATM cards to withdraw money...
Your gripe is with HSBC,which is a British Bank after all,nothing to do with how things are done here...
is it though? HSBC in the UK and here are two seperate entities, they have nothing to do with each other. You will find this in Hong Kong, Australia and other countries.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt exactly call it a British Bank.
Its a Hong Kong bank which moved its HQ to London.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.