Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Filipino maid visa for UK visit

Filipino maid visa for UK visit

Old May 1st 2013, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Filipino maid visa for UK visit

Originally Posted by al dente
I'm not sure that Scamp's parents provided the most idyllic and stress free childhood, that would be my gut feeling. He's trying to encourage an improvement in parenting, which isn't the worst sin in the world.

That said Scamp, I'd like to speak to you in 15 years time when you've had a bit of travelling with sprogs experience. Not that I actually wish that on anyone!
In 15 years a lot can change. You might be right / wrong. Who knows?

15 years ago I thought girls were the enemy and that the best job was to be a truck driver!
Old May 2nd 2013, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

We have a maid - she keeps the place clean and tidy and helps out a bit so we can spend MORE time with the kids, not less. Why do some people who don't have kids find this so hard to understand? There's no massive shame in giving someone a job and cutting out some of the pain-in-the-arse jobs, not all of them, just some.

Last edited by Ronnie Biggs; May 2nd 2013 at 5:41 am. Reason: Illiterate
Old May 2nd 2013, 5:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Tolerant and understanding? Of what? Someone else's opinion?

You're definitely better than calling someone a twat and trying to belittle them because their opinion is different to yours or someone else's.
Oh QED Scamp. Don't try that tone with me as you've just make yourself look like one of the nastier posters now. Shame. You aren't just staing an opinion. You are judging and called the OP a 'big swinging dick' for taking the maid to the UK. That is just very silly.

Last edited by Meow; May 2nd 2013 at 5:58 am.
Old May 2nd 2013, 5:57 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
We have a maid - she keeps the place clean and tidy and helps out a bit so we can spend MORE time with the kids, not less. Why do some people who don't have kids find this so hard to understand? There's no massive shame in giving someone a job and cutting out some of the pain-in-the-arse jobs, not all of them, just some.
Exactly that.

Weird that some people can't get their heads away some kind odd working class mentality about not having help in this life. I imagine that they service their own cars and do their own dentistry too. After all, they could probably do that too...
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Oh QED Scamp. Don't try that tone with me as you've just make yourself look like one of the nastier posters now. Shame. You aren't just staing an opinion. You are judging and called the OP a 'big swinging dick' for taking the maid to the UK. That is just very silly.
I should think you know me better than to think I'm a nasty person.
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:17 am
Bored liberal

I should think you know me better than to think I'm a nasty person.
So don't disappoint me by being unpleasantly judgemental.

Auntie Meow
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
So don't disappoint me by being unpleasantly judgemental.

Auntie Meow
You know what, I'll take that. But only because I like you.
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:56 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Exactly that.

If we were back in the UK we would similarly outsource shitty jobs - by having a cleaner part-time, someone in to do the ironing, after-school childcare, holiday camps for childcare, and the kids would take the bus to school when old enough.

The key items here in the Gulf is that (a) we can combine many jobs and give our maid a separate appartment attached to our villa (yes appartment) (b) she doesn't pay for her accommodation, so her salary is cheaper, and she doesn't pay tax (c) she is employed and earns money to send back, as do we all (d) we use her so we can spend more time with the kids.

We don't take her on holiday with us (a) because we want to spend that time as a family, and as much as the kids love her, she is not family to them (b) the cost of an extra adult's flight, room, food we would rather spend on our family so we can go to nicer places around the world on holiday and see the world as a family, rather than back to the UK.

The bottom line is that it is our choice - if someone chooses to take their maid back to the UK with them, so be it. It's not what we would we do, we don't understand that way of thinking, but if it doesn't hurt anyone, why should I object?

And I expect similar understanding in reverse - if I choose to have a maid to do all the shitty jobs that I don't want to do when I get home from work, so that I can spend MORE time with my children engaging with them then who is anyone to condemn me for that?
Old May 2nd 2013, 8:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
And I expect similar understanding in reverse - if I choose to have a maid to do all the shitty jobs that I don't want to do when I get home from work, so that I can spend MORE time with my children engaging with them then who is anyone to condemn me for that?
Who would condemn you for that? Nobody I expect. It's a perfect scenario.
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

In 15 years a lot can change. You might be right / wrong. Who knows?

15 years ago I thought girls were the enemy and that the best job was to be a truck driver!
That could have lead to some interesting long nights on the road (where no one can hear you scream!)
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:06 am
Account Closed

That could have lead to some interesting long nights on the road (where no one can hear you scream!)
Fancy a ride into the desert in my van AD?
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I like to clean my own shithouse , it keeps me grounded..........

Brits and their maids eh , like an episode of Upstairs Downstairs....
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:24 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I like to clean my own shithouse , it keeps me grounded..........
You have a wife for that shit.
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Fancy a ride into the desert in my van AD?
Sounds fun! .... Oh... hang on a minute.... you cheeky young Scamp!
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:41 am
Account Closed

Sounds fun! .... Oh... hang on a minute.... you cheeky young Scamp!
Thought I was in there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.