Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Filipino maid visa for UK visit

Filipino maid visa for UK visit

Old Apr 28th 2013, 3:58 pm
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all
Default Filipino maid visa for UK visit

Could anyone advise the chances of getting a visit/holiday visa for our filipino maid to come with us to the UK when we visit in a month or so for three weeks. The maid wouldn't be working when she is with us on holiday.

Ive seen an outline of the process online but as always the advice of someone who has applied etc would be invaluable. Im told we can't even apply till she's been with us a year but that would put the application very near the date of departure and we might miss out on the flight.

If its a straightforward process I will book her ticket before getting the visa but if its tricky I think I'll wait. Can anyone advise please.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filipino maid visa for UK visit

You, Sunshine, are livin' the dream.

Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abbey08
Could anyone advise the chances of getting a visit/holiday visa for our filipino maid to come with us to the UK when we visit in a month or so for three weeks. The maid wouldn't be working when she is with us on holiday...
Do you think we were born yesteday? If you have kids then I am sure that your maid will be working. Indeed I would be surprised if she would get a visa unless she was doing so. Otherwise she might be construed as looking to do a runner and settle in the UK.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:09 pm
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

Alas you are spot on, I do need a babysitter when I am back in Blighty so any advice would be appreciated.
She is getting three weeks holiday all expenses in London so don't really think there is any "worker abuse" going on.
No cleaning, cooking etc as she would do in Doha, so not really working is probably accurate.

Last edited by abbey08; Apr 28th 2013 at 4:12 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well... from what I understand you need to:
- demonstrate that she has lived with you for more than a year and you pay her more than the UK minimum wage (thsi maybe only when she is in the UK though)

- write an unconditional guarantee to the gov stating that she will never claim public funds and you will foot the bill if she does.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:20 pm
Living the dream

Thanks - that all sounds reasonably straightforward.
I guess what I need is is an idea as to whether or not these types of applications are generally successful.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Why not give her a real treat and send her back to her own country for 3 weeks all expenses paid?
If you need a babysitter you can get one in London. 20 quid an hour I have heard.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:30 pm
Living the dream

Thats what we did at christmas.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Was that her annual holiday or extra?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Could anyone advise the chances of getting a visit/holiday visa for our filipino maid to come with us to the UK when we visit in a month or so for three weeks. The maid wouldn't be working when she is with us on holiday.

Ive seen an outline of the process online but as always the advice of someone who has applied etc would be invaluable. Im told we can't even apply till she's been with us a year but that would put the application very near the date of departure and we might miss out on the flight.

If its a straightforward process I will book her ticket before getting the visa but if its tricky I think I'll wait. Can anyone advise please.
You've made it.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:49 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

And the Award for the least helpful thread 2013 is....................!

Don't you have family to palm the sprog off on whilst you go shopping/pub all day. The maid can stay in Qatar and shag the driver/gardener for a couple of weeks.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought i was on Expat woman , what next.... The nearest place to buy Japanese Tofu in downtown Sharjah !
Old Apr 29th 2013, 11:27 am
Living the dream

F*****g useless.

If I posted I want to go out on the lash with the wife every night I was in the UK and need a visa for the maid to babysit would it help to get a sensible answer.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

F*****g useless...
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

While it's possible the UK is still reluctant to grant visas for maids travelling with families because so many of them do a runner once in the country. It's easy for maids to slip away and join the sizable Filipino community, especially in London, and start a new career working as illegal cleaners for people who don't ask questions. My cleaner is Filipino. I'm sure she has no permits but she does a good job and is cheap.

If the maid absconds it's you who gets into trouble with the authorities.

If you need a babysitter can't you sniff around your family in the UK and see if anyone knows of a university student looking for something to do during the summer holidays and who can mind your children on a part-time basis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.