Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Egyptian Issues and will it cause problems where you are?

Egyptian Issues and will it cause problems where you are?

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 11:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egyptian Issues and will it cause problems where you are?

I was watching it on Sky News earlier, not good
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:33 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Protests are planned for 14/2 in Bahrain. Getting very close to home..
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Protests are planned for 14/2 in Bahrain. Getting very close to home..
Yemen tomorrow... dubbed the 'day of rage' locally... apparently.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:52 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

There was a small 'demonstration' on the JBR walk on Friday afternoon...just a group of people walking with flags and banners...the police came right away, a few cars and police vans and something resembling a golf buggy with policemen in it...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
There was a small 'demonstration' on the JBR walk on Friday afternoon...just a group of people walking with flags and banners...the police came right away, a few cars and police vans and something resembling a golf buggy with policemen in it...
what where they protesting about?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:56 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
what where they protesting about?
probably the amount of traffic on the Walk...it's quite bad...the Egyptian flags were just random accessories...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

probably the amount of traffic on the Walk...it's quite bad...the Egyptian flags were just random accessories...
ah, I see that the Egyptians are simply revolting.

* Bad joke, but I've been desperate to use it.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:59 pm
hmmmm...nice

ah, I see that the Egyptian are revolting everywhere.

* Bad joke, but I've been desperate to use it.
it's so bad I don't even get it...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it's so bad I don't even get it...
revolting present participle of reĀ·volt (Verb)
1. Rise in rebellion; or
2. Disgusting.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:01 pm
hmmmm...nice

revolting present participle of reĀ·volt (Verb)
1. Rise in rebellion; or
2. Disgusting.
thanks...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks...
it sort of loses its wit when you reply with a quote as I'm editing it and then force me to explain it.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:20 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You're not a lawyer, are you, MataHari?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:25 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You're not a lawyer, are you, MataHari?
do I give that impression
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

do I give that impression
Only in as much that when delivering a joke to most of those I know, I end up having to explain it and then they say "Ah...". Maybe its the way I tell 'em.