Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

DUBAI RENT CAP 2009 - is there one?

DUBAI RENT CAP 2009 - is there one?

Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:25 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DUBAI RENT CAP 2009 - is there one?

Originally Posted by admon
the story says the 2008 law is enforceable until a new law overrides it.
So at the moment its 5% as per last year.
Does that mean 5% every year? I recall something about no increase being allowed within two years.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Does that mean 5% every year? I recall something about no increase being allowed within two years.
yes every year. Your lucky you aint been evicted yet getting it that cheap.

A friend of mine told me this morning that he had read that the delay in announcing the rent cap is due to that new RERA thing coming into place, the thing where they have decided what everything is worth?? bloody hope not!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes every year. Your lucky you aint been evicted yet getting it that cheap.

A friend of mine told me this morning that he had read that the delay in announcing the rent cap is due to that new RERA thing coming into place, the thing where they have decided what everything is worth?? bloody hope not!
if the whole of the dubai property rental market was to go on the planned RERA 'area property prices', there would be a 3 month wait list to get a plane out of here..
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
if the whole of the dubai property rental market was to go on the planned RERA 'area property prices', there would be a 3 month wait list to get a plane out of here..
exactly! we have just signed our lease due on 1.1 with the 5% and legged it down the stairs with it if there is rent cap, we can live with it, better than getting stung for 140k.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby went and signed the contract with a 5% increase. He was fed up with the waiting game and was also worried that the rent law may in fact work against us (comparable prices in the area etc etc).

He also told the LL to expect a visit from me in june asking for a 50% reduction in rent since rents are going to tumble.....lol
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:52 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by IndieG
Hubby went and signed the contract with a 5% increase. He was fed up with the waiting game and was also worried that the rent law may in fact work against us (comparable prices in the area etc etc).

He also told the LL to expect a visit from me in june asking for a 50% reduction in rent since rents are going to tumble.....lol
great idea IG
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know of any lawyers for taking the LL to the RC?