Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Driver needed in Bahrain

Driver needed in Bahrain

Old Jul 10th 2012, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

brightonguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driver needed in Bahrain

OK, can we go back to the original question as I really need to find a driver soon Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 7:53 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

First they complain that they have to work back home so you take them to the middle east and bust your balls at work and they go on to have one-on-one coaching with yoga instructor. Life is unfair.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 7:55 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by brightonguy
OK, can we go back to the original question as I really need to find a driver soon Thanks in advance!
Well you aint gonna find one here unless you're willing to pay $200k p.a. in which case I will happily give up my responsibilities and hassle to drive you around 24/7 if needed.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
Well you aint gonna find one here unless you're willing to pay $200k p.a. in which case I will happily give up my responsibilities and hassle to drive you around 24/7 if needed.
Seconded. Best bet to go and advertise on expatriates.com for a driver and they will then contact you directly. If you have an office boy ask him to ask his friends. Getting drivers here can prove difficult. You could always ask a taxi driver to work you out some sort of deal too.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by norsk
That's what all expat wives say apparently. From what I hear how much they actually worry about it is a different thing.

Popular hobbies (where one on one coaching is an option) amongst the lonely ones are tennis, pilates, yoga from what I've heard from one of my personal trainer type mates..
Ah but I'm not a Budaiya Brenda.. I'm a working Mumma! More the type of 'Cr*p.. got to leave work, feed the kiddies, homework, bath, bed' type of wife... My idea of bliss is kids on school holidays so I don't have to make lunches, iron uniforms and do homework every night! Living the dream I am!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 7:26 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by camel jockey
Ah but I'm not a Budaiya Brenda.. I'm a working Mumma! More the type of 'Cr*p.. got to leave work, feed the kiddies, homework, bath, bed' type of wife... My idea of bliss is kids on school holidays so I don't have to make lunches, iron uniforms and do homework every night! Living the dream I am!
Sounds like you got stiffed in the whole expat life scenario. I would have words with hubby if I were you..
Old Jul 12th 2012, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by norsk
Sounds like you got stiffed in the whole expat life scenario. I would have words with hubby if I were you..
Na.. we are here to save money not for the lifestyle.. tried the whole not working thing for a few months after my son was born but couldn't deal! Wouldn't say no to part time though but in this part of the world it's very rare
Old Jul 14th 2012, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Of course mate, everyone here is at your service after all. Try Speedy Taxis - they will sort you out with a longer term option otherwise just try picking up the phone and booking a taxi like the rest of us do.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

brightonguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Of course mate, everyone here is at your service after all. Try Speedy Taxis - they will sort you out with a longer term option otherwise just try picking up the phone and booking a taxi like the rest of us do.
I thought this forum is for expats to help each other. I must have misunderstood it.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 6:54 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this forum is for expats to help each other. I must have misunderstood it.
yes it is a forum where we help each other, but there is no spoon-feeding involved. we do take the piss and joke around, but we also give good advice once in a while. ronnie gave you good advice...

here is my advice (consider them options);

1. buy/rent a car
2. hail a taxi on the street
3. call and book a taxi
3. ask at work if they know some reliable taxi drivers that you can do a deal with